KCPL discussion

Your Favorite Book Ever!!!

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ashlee (ashleebee) | 4 comments Mod
Do you guys have a favorite book ever, one that you can read over and over and never get tired of?

I think I would have to say that mine is Bellwether by Connie Willis.

Mom | 2 comments I guess my favorite is "Scarlett" the unofficial sequel to "Gone with the Wind"

Bookstax | 1 comments You know, I could say one like "To Kill a Mockingbird" which is one that a lot of people would say. I actually read "A Christmas Carol" every single year, so I could say that. But, if I have to really think of a book that I was sorry to see end and one that I talk about quite often and one that I recommend that people read I would have to say my favorite book is "Rivethead" by Ben Hamper.

Tams (loveofbooks) | 6 comments The Giver by Lois Lowry
or
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
These two books are very special to me for many reasons. I could never choose between them for a favorite book. However, if I had to choose a favorite author, well that would be Edgar Allan Poe

message 5: by Tanya (last edited Sep 28, 2008 11:35AM) (new)

Tanya | 2 comments Bookstax,

I really thought that you were going to say without question -- "To Kill a Mockingbird". So, what do I know?! See ya!

Tanya

Tanya | 2 comments OK -- Favorite Book?

It would have to be "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austin. I do have several others that I re-read from time to time, but that's my favorite.

Ashlee (ashleebee) | 4 comments Mod
Of course, as soon as I posted my response I thought of a handful of other books I love to re-read! And some that I've only read once, but that still had a huge impact on me.

I guess there really is no such thing as one favorite book...

message 8: by Brenda (last edited Oct 01, 2008 06:14AM) (new)

Brenda (bjclark63) I've got a handful that have touched me in some way but my all time favorite is either version of Stephen King's The Stand. It's the ultimate battle of good versus evil with a little hocus pocus thrown in to keep things lively!

Mom | 2 comments I doubt that you can remember ALL the books you have read and have to pick just one.

Tams (loveofbooks) | 6 comments Exactly. I can only immagine how much more stuff would be on my profile if I could put down all the books I have read. Wow. That would take a long time.

Jennifer (jcbuck75) | 3 comments hey, I'm new here. This is my first post.
My favorite book ever has got to be Little Women. I started reading it in the 6th grade and I've read it so many times my book fell apart. I just bought a new one last week. I'm now 33 years old, so I've read it 20 times or so.

Leigh | 2 comments Oh gosh- so many I must break the "one book" rule! I reread a number of books from my childhood & teens (Little Women & Anne of GG also make my list). Two standouts from my adult years are The Princess Bride by William Goldman and The Object of My Affection by Stephen McCauley.

Tams (loveofbooks) | 6 comments Ok now "The Princess Bride" I just absolutely adore that book. Great pick!

Julie (Altbreed) | 6 comments I do love 'Running with the Demon' by Terry Brooks. I think the characters are great and have read and re-read it may times.