What Else Are You Reading? > Need something else to read

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jon (FTSJ) | 5 comments Looking for
No female protaginist
Sword & Sorcery or Dark fantssy
Action packed
Not typical " Star wars theme"

If you could please name more than 1 book.
Thanks a lot!

Brandon | 178 comments Heroes Die its a sci-fi/fantasy but very good and not your typical storyline.

The Blade Itself

Kate O'Hanlon (kateohanlon) | 769 comments
No female protaginist

A Book of Tongues is pretty awesome weird-west/dark fantasy packed with shooting and drenched in blood.

The Steel Remains has been mentioned a few times on the boards, it's a little adolescent but has a high ass kicking factor. Exercise due caution, it does have a lady-character in a central role, but the other two protags are hard-fightin' men.

Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder is action packed to a ridiculous degree.

Philip (heard03) | 379 comments Lamentation by Ken Scholes is fantasy with some very cool world building.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith is dark fantasy, and not what it may appear on the surface. It's got a historical fiction feel to it and some considerable action.

Mary (ValentineW) | 117 comments I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Star Wars theme."

Anyway, you might consider Magician: Apprentice by Raymond E. Feist & all the books that follow. It starts out like a simple fantasy tale, but quickly grows into a fascinating & involved world study.

Kris (KVolk) | 750 comments My favorite sword and sorcery is by Karl Edward Wagner about his character Kane. His books have the frazeta covers and he is an unrepentant bad ass. their is about 7 books total I think. recently reprinted as Gods in Darkness: The Complete Novels of Kane and Midnight Sun: The Complete Stories of Kane.

Jon Sprunk | 40 comments I second the suggestion for The Blade Itself. The First Law is a terrific series.