Writers and Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books > About This Folder: PLEASE READ

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (last edited Oct 29, 2012 10:56AM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1510 comments Mod
The Books Folder is for the listing of books ONLY. I don't care whose book you recommend or promote or gush over, but please just list (or comment on) books. Please post your books in the appropriate genre topics listed in this folder. If your genre is not listed, feel free to ask or suggest one here in this thread.

Again, ONLY post books in the genre topics available, not in this thread or as a separate topic.

Any other topics should go in the Readers or Writers folders or the Book Blurbs folder.

Anagha (anaavu) Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly got me interested in Historical fiction :)

Also, I just started reading Voice by Joseph Garraty. I believe the author is indie. This book captured my attention from the very first page.

Anagha wrote: "Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly got me interested in Historical fiction :)

Also, I just started reading Voice by Joseph Garraty. I believe the author is indie. This book captured my attention fr..."

They sound very interesting. Feel free to post more details in the Historical Fiction topic in the Books Folder.

John M. | 7 comments John M. | 3 comments Good morning authors and readers (my favorite people).

I've included a link to my Amazon author page, which lists the three books I've published in both paperback and ebook formats.

http://www.amazon.com/John-M.-McNamar...

Besides selling books (everyone who writes wants to be read) I'd also like to know from other authors about their experiences with various self-publishing platforms. I used CreateSpace and have enjoyed the process. I'd like to hear some other feedback.

My most recent novel, A Fictional Reflection, is a character study of a man diagnosed with a terminal illness who embarks of a 30-day road trip.

When a Chicago attorney receives a terminal diagnosis, he ignores his wife's pleas and embarks on a solitary odyssey, visiting people who have influenced his life, to thank them and to say goodbye. For 30 days and 6,000 miles he drives through the Western U.S., each night making entries in a journal about the day's events, chronicling the trip and revealing to us how it morphs from the purpose he had intended into something else entirely.

He encounters qualities in his friends he had not seen before, and through these revelations, aspects of his own character are revealed to him. He discovers goodbyes are rarely surgical and the precise amputation of his relationships eludes him. No one seems willing to accept his visit as a final farewell.

A FINAL REFLECTION affords glimpses into the perceptions and intuitions of a middle-aged man laboring under a death sentence. He has yet to suffer any symptoms of the disease, so his grip on the reality of its progression remains tenuous. One friend tells him to accept the time allowed for his trip as a gift to be used wisely. Another counsels him to kill off his past and revel in the moment, seizing as many moments as he can eke out of his aborted future. Throughout each day of the journey, his love for his wife remains an unassailable constant...he confides in her nearly every night. At a crucial juncture in the trip, he realizes he no longer moves away from home, but toward it. Toward his wife.

I hope you read it and enjoy it.

Thanks, everyone.

John M. McNamara
http://jmcnchicago.wordpress.com/

I obviously wasn't very clear in the intro (which I hope I have now corrected), but please don't list the books in this thread but in the folders topics, under the appropriate genre.

Malla | 10 comments A.F. wrote: "I obviously wasn't very clear in the intro (which I hope I have now corrected), but please don't list the books in this thread but in the folders topics, under the appropriate genre."

Humble apologies. I'm not sure that I should list the books elsewhere. Doesn't quite make sense. Should I have just mentioned the books but not put the covers up?

Malla wrote: "A.F. wrote: "I obviously wasn't very clear in the intro (which I hope I have now corrected), but please don't list the books in this thread but in the folders topics, under the appropriate genre."
..."

I have no problem with people listing books, I'm just trying to keep things tidy and easy to find. This thread is an introduction for the folder, books posted here may be overlooked.

If you click on the Books Folder link, you'll find topics listed within the folder. Post your links, covers included, in one of the topics. For instance, if the book you want to post is a mystery, click the Books link, then the Mysteries/Thrillers link and then post the book.

Malla | 10 comments Ah, thank you very much. I will try and get it right. Thanks for your help.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Voice (other topics)
Revolution (other topics)