CBC Books discussion

Book Chat > Harry Potter at CBC Books

Comments (showing 1-5)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Robin Anderson-Forbes (RAnderson-forbes) | 9 comments I loved it. I've followed both the books and the movies. Before each movie came out I re-read every book in the series. :)

BTW: The Passionate Eye has A Year in the Life of JK Rowling (well for a bit anyway)

Shannon (sianin) | 114 comments Loved all of the movies but Chamber of Secrets was a bit disappointing as it strayed the most from the books although the feel was still there.

My son is very sad for the whole thing to end. Even had tears in his eyes. He knows he can go back and read the books (yet again) and watch the movies (Ad nausium) but will never wait with bated breath to find out what will happen next. He is actually a little angry with JK Rowling for ending the potter series.

Kilgallen | 35 comments I have been a Potter girl from the begining. I began reading the books to my sons and watched proudly as their reading skills progressed to the point that they were able to read them on their own. My youngest son is dyslexic so this was no easy feat I assure you. One of my favorite Potter inspired memories is of my youngest son turning to me and saying "Wouldn't it be cool if it were real. I could go to Hogwarts and you could be a teacher!" I can not thank Ms. Rowling enough for inspiring my child to read...for pleasure.

Mikela The first Harry Potter movie followed the book closely and was fantastic. The rest of the movies were so disappointingly varied that I no longer bother going to see them. The books were just so good. I remember book 5 coming out when I worked for a large corporate office and here were engineers, graphic artists, lawyers, insurance people and support staff all discussing in detail the chapters as we completed them. It was a hoot.

ErinCBC (booksin140) | 236 comments Is everyone excited for the final Harry Potter movie?

How do you think the Harry Potter films have compared to the books? Did you prefer following the story of the boy wizard on the big screen or on the page? What are your favourite book-to-movie adaptations?

CBC Books has a poll going on about this very topic. You can cast your vote here.

We are also asking people to share their Harry Potter stories. We'll feature our favourites on the site this weekend.

Submit your story here.

unread topics | mark unread