Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Right Now I'm...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 3,672) (3672 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Jul 07, 2011 07:57AM) (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments description

looking at some of my pics from Kenya

Félix (habitseven) Great shot, Kevin. What was this recent trip like? What did you accomplish?

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Jul 07, 2011 08:05AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10818 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "

looking at some of my pics from Kenya"

DAHHH!! Cute pic, Kevin! And how come I've never noticed how incredibly WHITE your teeth are before now? They're practically gleaming.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17266 comments Mod
I dint mind, but I don't understand why the old threads are intimidating.

Sarah | 13810 comments Great picture, Kevin! That's quite the steep hill you're squatting on. Kudos for not falling over!

;)

Suefly | 618 comments That is a HUGE spleen, Heidi.

Hope you are back on track, as it seemed tone an eventful time for you and yours.

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments description

one more. this is what my priorities are when i travel for these projects. people. i won't go back to kenya until next june and then for 2 weeks but i have our project in haiti i am going to work on in oct.

Michael Heidi wrote: "What are you doing right now?"

Feeling jealous at how well Kevin can squat and enjoying the feeling of pure happiness I feel from picture #9.

janine | 7698 comments Great pictures, Kevin!

And of course I approve of this thread, how could I not?

Right now I'm about to make dinner.

Michael Not on the floor, please!

Jim | 6485 comments Maybe she's having sole Michael.

Sarah | 13810 comments Great smiles in that second picture.

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yeah, but Heidi, aren't there still going to be 284 new posts from time to time in a club of this size no matter how many old posts there are in a thread?

janine | 7698 comments Michael wrote: "Not on the floor, please!"

I don't usually do that, Michael. Just when I drop something and it's too good to throw away.

Michael Jim wrote: "Maybe she's having sole Michael."

Or carp(et)?

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ah, well if your searches are easier, say, when I ask you for a comment Jim made last week, since I never even know how to search to begin with but only ask you to do it for me, that makes sense. Okay. Thanks!

OCD away, dear friend. :D

Félix (habitseven) What's this "search" of which you speak?

Félix (habitseven) Oh. (I knew that.) I'm glad you added that Janine is still awesome.

Barb | 11137 comments Mod
Great pics Kevin!

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments yes, great pics! I am moving back into my house today after 17 days in a hotel room. I had a water line break in my house on May 25 with considerable damage. I will be glad to be home.

Jim | 6485 comments Yay, that should be a relief Petra.

Sarah | 13810 comments Welcome home!

Félix (habitseven) What a bummer, Petra. I hate when things like that happen.

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments glad you are back home ms. petra. now back to important stuff like the rockies

Mary ms.petra wrote: "yes, great pics! I am moving back into my house today after 17 days in a hotel room. I had a water line break in my house on May 25 with considerable damage. I will be glad to be home."

Really? Our pump quit working and we were without water. My brother in law fixed it so (cross your fingers) it is working. Water issues are terrible!
So sorry you had to experience that-did you have much damage?

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Right now I'm working on a plan to quit smoking without losing my mind (or my temper). This is going to suck, but I really need to quit.

Félix (habitseven) You really need to quit, Amber.

Brittomart Kevin is very photogenic

Sarah | 13810 comments How do you feel about acupuncture, Amber? It can be really helpful for smoking cessation.

Mary Amber wrote: "Right now I'm working on a plan to quit smoking without losing my mind (or my temper). This is going to suck, but I really need to quit."

Good luck to you. It is one of the hardest things but you can do it!

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "How do you feel about acupuncture, Amber? It can be really helpful for smoking cessation."

I've never really thought about it. I think it would probably come down to cost and availability in my area (weak argument, I know, considering how much smoking adds up financially). I would be open to trying it, though.

Félix (habitseven) I think the way it works is that every time you go to light a cigarette, someone sticks you with a needle.

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Larry wrote: "I think the way it works is that every time you go to light a cigarette, someone sticks you with a needle."

That would totally work, needles creep me out.

Sarah | 13810 comments I'm terrible about needles, but acupuncture needles are different.
Inoculations hurt because they are a)big needles b)injecting something into you and c)displacing skin and tissue in doing so.

Acupuncture needles are thin and teeny tiny and don't damage the tissue, so they don't hurt or only hurt a teeny tiny bit.

I say this as someone who has scared nurses to the other side of the room with my occasional needle panics.

Here's a list of Five Elements practitioners in Virginia. Your insurance might even cover it.

http://tai.edu/Practitioners.aspx

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Thanks Pi! I'll definitely check these out and see if it's a viable option. Anything beats cold turkey.

Michael Amber wrote: "Right now I'm working on a plan to quit smoking without losing my mind (or my temper). This is going to suck, but I really need to quit."

Good luck! It's difficult but it can be done and if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Barb | 11137 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "Thanks Pi! I'll definitely check these out and see if it's a viable option. Anything beats cold turkey."

... and someone going cold turkey will beat just about anything / anyone ...

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Thanks for the support guys, I'm going to need it.

Angela~twistedmind~ (twistedmind) | 540 comments Amber wrote: "Right now I'm working on a plan to quit smoking without losing my mind (or my temper). This is going to suck, but I really need to quit."

Perhaps we can support each other! I've tried chantix once before. It helped, but I didn't quit. My doc pointed out that even though it helps alot, it's not a miracle drug and it often takes more than one attempt with it. I've decided it's time to try again. I've got my scrip for chantix ready, and I'm going to try to ease into it by going from the real thing, to e-cigs to nothing. I've tried cold turkey several times. No one is happy when I try cold turkey. No one, i say.

smetchie | 3994 comments Sleepover @ my house!! Pizzas on the grill, makeyerown sundae, and a movie.

Phil | 11390 comments Just got back from Mesquite, NV. FIL was gambling for a few hours so I took junior bowling. He rolled a 42 for his first time without the bumpers up. Not bad. It earned him an ice cream cone and some time in the arcade.

message 42: by Félix (last edited Jul 09, 2011 04:17PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sounds like a great time, Phil. What's the temperature in Mesquite today?

Phil | 11390 comments Pretty much 100 straight up, with no breeze. The ice in my lemonade didn't stand a chance.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments smetchie wrote: "Sleepover @ my house!! Pizzas on the grill, makeyerown sundae, and a movie."

Is this the kiddies, or the adult swingers club?

Mary My son loves bowling. His Dad rigged a device for him so he can use his power chair to push the ball down the ramp.

Photobucket

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Very cool, Mary.

janine | 7698 comments Very cool!

RandomAnthony Awesome, Mary!

I'm in a coffee shop again. They're playing some NPR hippy show on the radio. This is a different coffee shop than last night. There will be no hugging.

smetchie | 3994 comments Yay Mary!! Yay bowling! I love how this is a picture thread!

RandomAnthony A woman walking in front of the coffee shop just tripped on the cobblestones, tried to cover, but I totally saw.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 73 74
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.