Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Sherrilyn Kenyon
This topic is about Sherrilyn Kenyon
SF/Futuristic Romance > Like The League?

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Havily_Fray) | 13 comments I just finished The League series, have read all the Dark Hunters and would like something more like the League. I'm looking for a series with more than 3 books since I can read that in a week. Suggestions? I think I'm kind of over the whole vampire/werewolf/shifter thing, and really liked the futuristic space aspect to this series.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I now that they're YA but both the Hunger Games Trilogy and the Uglies series are set in the future.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Havily_Fray) | 13 comments I've read the Hunger Games, loved it. I'll look into the other one and see if it interests me. Thanks!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments welcome :)

message 5: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) I can't think of any books like the League. I keep waiting for someone to answer so I can read them!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Havily_Fray) | 13 comments Shelly wrote: "I can't think of any books like the League. I keep waiting for someone to answer so I can read them!"

I know! Me too! I guess not as many people liked them as me! I have to go find something similar soon. My list is dwindling.

message 7: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) Maybe you'd like the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Not quite what you are looking for, but the world building is great. Some people didn't love the first book, but I loved them all.

message 8: by Jen (last edited Jul 10, 2011 11:11AM) (new)

Jen (Red Hot Books) (RedHotBooks) | 3 comments It's not a series... but The Naked Truth is in a similar vein.

You might also like the Alien Huntress series by Gena Showalter.

message 9: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 10, 2011 02:04PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Melissa wrote: "I guess not as many people liked them as me! ..."

I loved these books, and am always surprised that Kenyon fans don't discover this other series of hers. Maybe it's the space assassin thing that throws people off, but they read more like a paranormal romance, not unlike a DH or BDB type book.

The closest book that I remember reading to The League wasn't even all that close unfortunately, because it took place on this planet - but it did feature an alien descendant race and it was a decent read for a pnr. This is a series called Sentinal Wars, but I haven't read past the first book yet.

Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Whoops, had the wrong series name. Just changed it.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Havily_Fray) | 13 comments Thanks! Yay! I'll check out all those suggestions!

message 12: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 731 comments I absolutely love the League series and cannot find anything to really compare to it. I am reading the Death series by Robb and it is pretty good. It is set up in the future but it only has two main characters that are continuous. The love story is fantastic.

message 13: by Brett (new)

Brett | 23 comments I love The League! The fourth book in the series just came out and there is going to be a fifth one. The wait between books sucks though. Gena Showalter's Alien Huntresses series is pretty good. :)

message 14: by Wan (last edited May 01, 2012 11:39AM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments I love The League and can't wait for Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
which comes out today! Yay!

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (Cindy883) | 23 comments Me 2!!!!

message 16: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Got the book. I think I'm going to start it next week.

message 17: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (Cindy883) | 23 comments It downloaded to my Kindle when it came out...I'm starting from the begining & reading Born of Night right now..it will probibly take me a week or so to make it to Born of Silence.
CAN"T WAIT!!!!

message 18: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Hey, may be we can buddy read. Let me know.

message 19: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 731 comments I am starting Silence tonight. I cannot freakin' wait. I love this series.

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (Cindy883) | 23 comments Sounds good...I'll message when I start it...Im about 1/2 way thru Born of Fire now:)

PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com) | 404 comments i'm trying to get thru dark hunters first and i'm just getting to Ash -- actually i have a commitment before i can start it

message 22: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Pansy wrote: "I am starting Silence tonight. I cannot freakin' wait. I love this series."

Yeah! I know what you mean. I'm half way thru and it's really really good.

message 23: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Cindy wrote: "Sounds good...I'll message when I start it...Im about 1/2 way thru Born of Fire now:)"

Cindy. I'm reading the Silience book right now. Same as Pansy, couldn't wait. But when you ready, I will read with you again.

message 24: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Pat wrote: "i'm trying to get thru dark hunters first and i'm just getting to Ash -- actually i have a commitment before i can start it"

I read both at the same time. They are so different and both excellent. :)

♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥  (Rainydayz179) | 67 comments What about Alexis MorganPaladins series? Dark Protector

message 26: by K (last edited Jul 04, 2012 05:16AM) (new)

K | 7 comments the League series is fantastic! I haven't found anything quite like it but below are series that I think share some elements:

Ann Aguirre: Sirantha Jax Series Grimspace
One of my favorites series, a bit of a mix of sci-fi and uf but there is definitely a romance and it spans the entire series (which raps up in a month or so) - i can't wait!

Ilona Andrews; Kinsmen Silent Blade
2 novellas so far

Kiersten Fay: Shadow Quest Demon Possession
Only 2 at the moment but the 3rd is coming out soon

Lauren Dane: Phantom Corps Insatiable
3 books so far but this is a spin off of another series that has 2 titles.

Jess Granger: Realms Beyond Beyond the Rain
But there are only 2 books so far and I am not sure if any more are planned

Zoe Archer: 8th Wing Collision Course
again only 2 in the series so far

Linea Sinclair: fantastic author, her books are heavier into military sci-fi mixed with romance but they are all great. My favorites are Finders Keepers, Games of Command which are stand alone and Gabriel's Ghost - which is part of a series

message 27: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Kilgore (cekilgore) Found this thread while searching around goodreads. I'm new to the GR community and a newly published Science Fiction Romance author. I was also a fan of Kenyon's first League book Born of Night. Her books are a bit darker than my series, but I always loved the way she created a whole universe around her characters.

I've tried to do the same
Ghost in the Machine by C.E. Kilgore

I'm just starting, so I am always looking for feedback, especially from those who are really into this type of genre and storylines.

It's going to be available Free starting tomorrow through the 30th as part of a Sci-Fi promo on Amazon, and a couple other SFRomance books will be included.

Here is the Amazon Link:
amazon.com/dp/B009UFHA0O

And here is the Sci-Fi promo link; We are all Indi-authors (independently published)
freefantasybook.com/sci-fi-spotlight/

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan | 193 comments I love the League series as well, but I haven't come across anything else like it yet.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 113 comments I love the League!

Gena Showalter has Alien Huntress series that's pretty good, or heck any of her stuff.

message 30: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Luhrs (CynthiaLuhrsAuthor) | 20 comments I loved the League series and wish we'd get the next one. Thanks for the other recommendations there are a few I haven't read so will check them out!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

For those of you who love "The League" series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, try these out
"Cyborg Seduction" and "Zorn Warrior" by Laurann Dohner. Sounds like what you are looking for. My favorite of her is "New Species" series. Great stories, character development, alpha males and great sex of course.
:)

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (Firefairyholic) | 41 comments Try the Alien Huntress by Gena Showalter. It's also a great futuristic series. Although i must say men here are not as tormented as those in the League.

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments I Just finished reading the second book in the Unforgettable series by C.J.Barry. so far it is a good series and it is similar to what The League series is like just not in the future but it is in space. If you do look up the series I suggest using the authors name instead of the series because otherwise you get a bunch of other stuff. The first book is called Unearthed. I really recommend giving the series a try.

message 34: by Kerr (last edited Nov 02, 2013 07:45AM) (new)

Kerr (kerrjm) | 12 comments ooh oh! I love this series! Reminds me of Firefly. I've only read the first few, because I like to collect them up a bit because I forget what happens in series so I usually re read them but I dont want to re-read too much and end up getting bored with them...

Will definitely be checking out these other series.

This series is a little like them I think. I've only read the first, but it seems quite close. Unfortunately there's only 2 as 3 seems to have been put on hold
https://www.goodreads.com/series/5500...

message 35: by Dani (new)

Dani Harper Melissa wrote: "I just finished The League series, have read all the Dark Hunters and would like something more like the League. I'm looking for a series with more than 3 books since I can read that in a week. Sug..."

Stacia (screaming into the void) wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I guess not as many people liked them as me! ..."

I loved these books, and am always surprised that Kenyon fans don't discover this other series of hers. Maybe it's the space assas..."

Stacia (screaming into the void) wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I guess not as many people liked them as me! ..."

I loved these books, and am always surprised that Kenyon fans don't discover this other series of hers. Maybe it's the space assas..."

I didn't know about the League --- just added it to my TBR list! Thanks for making me aware of it.

PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com) | 404 comments I loved the League and binged on the series, completing it in week!

I agree the space thing probably throws people off. I liked Showalters Alien Huntress series as well but it was a different "flavor" from the League

message 37: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 60 comments Melissa wrote: "I just finished The League series, have read all the Dark Hunters and would like something more like the League. I'm looking for a series with more than 3 books since I can read that in a week. Sug..."

Melissa, I haven't checked out your shelf but have you read Showalter's Alien Huntress series? I am in the middle of it and LOVE it. I too am a huge DH and League fan.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Naked Truth (other topics)
Burning Alive (other topics)
Born of Silence (other topics)
Dark Protector (other topics)
Grimspace (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alexis Morgan (other topics)