Aussie Readers discussion

Just for Fun! > Birthdays..When is yours?

Comments (showing 251-300 of 1,309) (1309 new)    post a comment »

message 251: by [deleted user] (new)

Brithdays only equal another candle on a cake... nothing more... as they say: The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits. :)

message 252: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Brenda | 27677 comments Mod
Ash wrote: "Brithdays only equal another candle on a cake... nothing more... as they say: The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regret..."

Ash, that is very profound! Age doesn't worry me either, I certainly don't feel as old as the number shows me to be;)

message 253: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Marianne wrote: "tomorrow Friday 3rd, will be 57 and feeling it just a bit....."

Happy birthday for tomorrow Marianne! Have a wonderful day and don't worry about the number...I'm older than you, and it doesn't hurt;D

Laura | 3243 comments Ash wrote: "Brithdays only equal another candle on a cake... nothing more... as they say: The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regret..."

Haha..That is quite well put! So, I'm just a slave to my dreams at the moment..i guess it's true..trying to make a life and be happy in general with unsure footing because I'm still new at being an 'adult'.
Ooo..Deep thoughts! lol

message 255: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 7083 comments Mod
I must be doing alright then. Going to be 37 in 7 days time. :)

message 256: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Laura wrote: "Ash wrote: "Brithdays only equal another candle on a cake... nothing more... as they say: The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servan..."

As I said...profound!!!!

message 257: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Michael wrote: "I must be doing alright then. Going to be 37 in 7 days time. :)"

You are in the best years of your life Michael:D

message 258: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

*Does a happy dance* lol. :D

message 259: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Michael wrote: "*Does a happy dance* lol. :D"

Haha!! That's something I'd like to see...LOL

Marianne (CloggieDownunder) | 1532 comments Brenda wrote: "Marianne wrote: "tomorrow Friday 3rd, will be 57 and feeling it just a bit....."

Happy birthday for tomorrow Marianne! Have a wonderful day and don't worry about the number...I'm older than you, a..."

I never worry about the numbers, but the body ain't quite what it used to be: not all the bits work as well as they used to! Wouldn't want the alternative, though!

message 261: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Marianne wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Marianne wrote: "tomorrow Friday 3rd, will be 57 and feeling it just a bit....."

Happy birthday for tomorrow Marianne! Have a wonderful day and don't worry about the number...I'm ..."

I think that's normal with age...lol But have a wonderful day anyway:)

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Michael wrote: "I must be doing alright then. Going to be 37 in 7 days time. :)"

16 in 6 days :)

message 263: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Oh Jess, it doesn't seem that long ago that you turned 15!!!

Janine (Janineor) | 282 comments Marianne wrote: "tomorrow Friday 3rd, will be 57 and feeling it just a bit....."

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Marianne. I hope your day is as good as mine was yesterday

message 265: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2012 01:01AM) (new)

Brenda wrote: "Oh OK. I haven't been there, even though we used to live in Canberra. Have a wonderful time. Let us know what it was like, won't you:) I'm always looking for different places in Oz to visit:D"

Hey! We got back a few days ago, it was amazing! So relaxing, fishing off the deck... haha, there was a segway tour which we also went on through the forest. That was fun... awesome pool. I uploaded some pics to my album... Canoeing, archerey, golf... there was heaps... highly reccommend to anyone looking for a place for a relaxing holiday... be sure to take a few books if anyone ends up there!

message 266: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Welcome back Ash...thanks for the rave review...will definitely put it down as a good place to go! Do you have a link to the place you stayed? My hubby would love the 'fishing off the deck'!!

message 267: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Also, are your photos accessible for us to see?

message 268: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Oooh..we have Jess & Michael's birthdays coming up in a couple of days!!! Big parties guys?

message 269: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Not sure havnt heard anything from my sis or the rest of the family. They got something going on for it im sure. :D

message 270: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Michael wrote: "Not sure havnt heard anything from my sis or the rest of the family. They got something going on for it im sure. :D"

Hope so Michael:) It's 21 again isn't it ;p

message 271: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Oh yes 21 candles lol i wish hehe. :D

message 272: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Michael wrote: "Oh yes 21 candles lol i wish hehe. :D"

;D

message 273: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda wrote: "Welcome back Ash...thanks for the rave review...will definitely put it down as a good place to go! Do you have a link to the place you stayed? My hubby would love the 'fishing off the deck'!!"

http://www.lakecrackenback.com.au/

message 274: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda wrote: "Also, are your photos accessible for us to see?"

They should be

message 275: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Thanks Ash..looks great. Your profile is set to private, so can't see the photos:(

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Brenda wrote: "Oooh..we have Jess & Michael's birthdays coming up in a couple of days!!! Big parties guys?"

Sweet 16, you'd think so. Haha, I have for the lsat few years, but not this time. Im just going out for a cute dinner with four of my best friends on Saturday night :)

message 277: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Jess, I bet your Mum and Dad surprise you with something special!!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow anyway, you'll be at school, so your friends will do special things for you:)

SmileyCentral.com

message 278: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2679 comments Happy birthday Jess :)

I hope you have a great day

message 279: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Happy boithday Jess. :)

Laura | 3243 comments Jess, Happy Birthday :)

message 281: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Happy birthday for tomorrow Michael:D Hope you have a wonderful day!!

SmileyCentral.com

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Thanks guys :)

message 283: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Thank you Brenda should be a great day. :)

Kim Marie | 236 comments Sheesh....turn my back for five minutes and people start having birthdays without me! Sorry I missed yours Marianne but hope you had a lovely day. Happy Sweet Sixteen Jess and all the best for a great year ahead. Hip hip hooray to you too Michael for tomorrow. Hope you get to do lots of fun things on your special day :))

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Happy birthday Michael :)

And thanks Kim Marie

message 286: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2679 comments Happy Birthday Michael :)

message 287: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Thanks everyone. :)

message 288: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Hope you've had a lovely day Michael?

message 289: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Yeah i did Brenda. caught up with my brother earlier on and did lots of relaxing. The main celebration is Saturday night. :D

message 290: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Oooo...two birthdays...that's good;D

message 291: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Indeed ive been so spoilt lol. :D

message 292: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

And so you should be:)

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Michael wrote: "The main celebration is Saturday night. :D "

Oh hai me too :)

★ Jess  | 2940 comments How did the celebrations go Michael?

message 295: by Michael, Batteries not included! (new)

Great Jess went to a pub down at mitchim with family and a few friends then wached Star Wars ep 1 in 3D at the cinema. Would of went longer but my brother fell asleep lol. :D

What about yours Jess have a good night?

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Yeah it was great, went for dinner in the city with four of my closest friends, got gelati and then came back to my house until like 12 :)

message 297: by Michael, Batteries not included! (last edited Feb 11, 2012 06:40AM) (new)

I also got a bit of spending to do later today with all the money i got woohoo. :D

message 298: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (new)

Glad you both had good nights last night...:) Any book gifts Jess? Waiting to see what you get Michael in the 'recently purchased' thread...lol

★ Jess  | 2940 comments Yeah, I got Brisingr from a friend last night, and from my parents I got Sorry, Days Like This and Death Bringer. The rest was money, vouchers or clothes :)

message 300: by Brenda, Elegant style comment queen! (last edited Feb 11, 2012 07:13PM) (new)

★ Jess wrote: "Yeah, I got Brisingr from a friend last night, and from my parents I got Sorry, Days Like This and Death Bringer. The rest was money, ..."

Nice! 4 books, AND money!!! More books;D