College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stephenson

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tami | 2914 comments Mod
We are going to have one thread for each book as now Goodreads has made a spoiler tag that you can use to put before anything that is a spoiler. Use your discretion as to what would be a pretty big spoiler and label it. Please put up to what page the spoiler is for.

To create the tag simply do this:

< spoiler> Blah blah blah spoilery stuff < /spoiler>

*Take out the spaces in both of the spoiler tag.

It will look like this:

(view spoiler)

Discuss away...

Sarah Key (CrazyKey123) | 7 comments I downloaded Treasure Island on my Kindle the other day for free. The library is out of copies. Apparently, a teacher assigned it for summer reading to her class. You may find the link here to download it for yourself. :)

message 3: by Tami (last edited Jul 08, 2011 07:55AM) (new)

Tami | 2914 comments Mod
I read this a little while ago for the first time. I can't believe I never read it when I was younger. I don't remember having watched the movie either. I felt it was a bit predictable and a very quick fun read.

Megan To stretch out from the book a little... What do others think about how the black spot from the beginning of Treasure Island was used in Pirates of the Caribbean but totally extremed up? It always fascinated me.

Sarah Key (CrazyKey123) | 7 comments I finished Treasure Island today, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the book. The writing and accents were great. It really does capture the whole pirate essence.

However, it took me awhile to read, because for the most part I felt like the story was dragged out and failed at suspense. The main character never seemed to click with me either. Did anyone else find it odd how detached he was from his parents? Or was this my own imagining?

Chris | 92 comments I just downloaded an e-book of this from a free site. However, its only showing up as 156 pgs. I don't think I have a YA version, the language seems like its the adult one, but idk. How long are you all's versions running?

Sarah Key (CrazyKey123) | 7 comments I read the adult version.

Chris | 92 comments how long was it? Thats what im trying to find out

Sarah Key (CrazyKey123) | 7 comments Around 160 pages.

Michelle (vorvesm) | 130 comments So I listened to the Librivox audiobook of Treasure Island while working and I really really enjoyed it. It's possible that some of the dragged out parts that Sarah mentioned didn't stand out to me much sine I was at work and just listening while I did other things.

Overall I loved how a lot of the chapters would end on little cliff-hangers and Black Beard was such an awesome character, I'm sad it took me so long to find him :)

unread topics | mark unread