Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) Pale Demon discussion

Rachel and Trent?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 128) (128 new)    post a comment »

Charmayne Is it just me or was there possibly something more between Rachel and Trent than the "Kiss". Has anybody else read this one? I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read it yet. I still wish there was some way to replace Kisten, he just hasn't been matched, and I never really did trust Pierce. :-)

Marisella Yes! They've had this hate/hate with a little bit of nostalgic love going on. He's at least her equal, and if they ever did admit they even cared for each other it would be great. He's so arrogant and high handed, she'd have to smack him down pretty often though :)

Carmon I sort od wish there would be something between them because i think they'd make an interesting couple, but at the same time i like the love/hate thing they have going on now and i wouldn't want to ruin it. That said that kiss really was something so maybe something could happen in the next few books...

I REALLY don't like Pierce though, so i'd rather she end up with pretty much anyone but him :P

Alice Well, there's nothing to say the love/hate thing can't include at least 1 night of really hot sex! Besides, I think Trent's problem with Rach is that he hates that he loves her. Don't get me started on Pierce, he's such a bleep!

Carmon Alice wrote: "Well, there's nothing to say the love/hate thing can't include at least 1 night of really hot sex! Besides, I think Trent's problem with Rach is that he hates that he loves her. Don't get me starte..."

haha Agreed ;)

Cindi Rachel needs a good man in her life, after all she's been thru. Trent COULD BE it but he'd have to make a lot of changes for her and he may be too selfish to do so.

Jenn I think that Trent showed a lot of promise in this book esp since he is now a daddy.
Upon reading this book I really wanted to see them together even though I still grieve for Kisten :(

Cindi I don't think any of us will get over Kisten :(

Alice Cindi wrote: "I don't think any of us will get over Kisten :("

No we won't..Silly as it is I still have his armband on my mirror:{

Alicia I was terribly upset when Kisten was taken from ALL of us, but I'm totally rooting for a Rachel/Trent thing even if it happens once.. how hot would that be? Pierce can just go back to being buried alive... he's not right for Rachel.

Carmon Haha i don't think anyone likes Pierce, he's so annoying

Roger Kisten had to die because he was like a thousand other men in a thousand other books similar to this one. The reason I love Kim Harrison is she is not afraid to break ground and piss people off in order to keep the story interesting, further plotlines, or explore new emotions in her characters. I really do hope that there is something between Trent and Rachel but I also hope that it just leads to a trusted friend relationship, not a long-term love. Rachel has not met her match yet, unless it is her lovesick demon :)

Cherylcarnevale Alice wrote: "Cindi wrote: "I don't think any of us will get over Kisten :("

No we won't..Silly as it is I still have his armband on my mirror:{"

LOVED him and was SOOOOO sad when he.....spoiler...blah. haha

Cherylcarnevale Roger wrote: "Kisten had to die because he was like a thousand other men in a thousand other books similar to this one. The reason I love Kim Harrison is she is not afraid to break ground and piss people off in..."

Awesome...I agree....I was sad to see Kist go....but totally agree and love how she doesn't just stay with one guy but continues to evolve the story. Although, I would be happy if she wrapped the story up (way way in the future cause I have to read TONS more of her) with a guy that is worthy of Rachel....

Roger I believe there are too many authors that milk their characters to death in the name of making more money and fail at it *cough cough* LK Hamilton *cough cough*. I hope KH can wrap it up before her girls / pixie / elf become overpowered, boring, predictable nonsense.

Cindi She's not even close to that point, IMHO. I eagerly look forward to Ms. Harrison's books still. Still read *cough cough* LKH but now wait for them at the library.

message 17: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Roger wrote: "Kisten had to die because he was like a thousand other men in a thousand other books similar to this one. The reason I love Kim Harrison is she is not afraid to break ground and piss people off in..."

What an excellent point. It was upsetting that Kisten died. I wouldn't say I was mad about it, just more like 'Rachel can't catch a break' lamenting.

I liked the love/hate relationship between Trent and Rachel. Don't really want it to go beyond that, however. It makes for too much wonderful tension to make them hook up.

Pierce, on the other hand, there's something Harrison's keeping from us on him.

I think that piece of silver isn't going to stay on for long but it might make the next book more interesting and more fast paced I'm thinking.

Valerie Yoder-specht There are only 3 more books to be released of Rachel's Hollows Stories...

Carmon Valerie wrote: "There are only 3 more books to be released of Rachel's Hollows Stories..."

:'(

Alana ~ The Book Pimp only 3 more books.... ACK! No, I need more....

My two cents on the Trent/Rachel thing... they need to just do it already... too much sexual frustration on both sides, regardless if they want to admit it or not. Just do it!

Noreen Love love love the Rachel/Trent thing going on. Suspected they had this attraction since book two, that is why she hates him so much and he's so afraid of her. Can't wait for them to finally get it together.

message 22: by Cher (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cher Hi everyone, I sobbed my brains out when Kisten died. Good grief, I thought I would never reread the series because of such overwhelming sadness, but I did. Cried the second time around as well. It was edgy of her to kill him off as other authors wouldn't have the guts to do that. I also love the Rachel/Trent thing as well, but I don't see it happening. I think she just set this up to give it a twist and keep us guessing through out the series. The ending pretty much told me that from the Rachel POV. Hope I'm wrong, who knows. Al is getting to be more sympathetic with every book, not to mention how funny he is, but, and a big but, the usual moral to the story says how can he overcome his past evilness? Doesn't everyone have to pay for their choices and mistakes, especially coming from a demon with no moral values whatsoever? Plus, authors nowadays have no problem not giving us fans an HEA. Any takers on this one?

Carmon Cheri wrote: "Hi everyone, I sobbed my brains out when Kisten died. Good grief, I thought I would never reread the series because of such overwhelming sadness, but I did. Cried the second time around as well. It..."

In the demon world and by demon morals Al really hasn't do n anything wrong. They view humans much like we view cats or dog or even cattle. So while he's becoming more "human" he doesn't really have much to repent for. That's my take on it anyway :)

message 24: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Adams Noreen wrote: "Love love love the Rachel/Trent thing going on. Suspected they had this attraction since book two, that is why she hates him so much and he's so afraid of her. Can't wait for them to finally get ..."

Me too, I hope they don't ignore their feelings for each other, and end up fighting the whole time. I hope they get together, I believe they have had feelings for each other since the beginning. I really hope they don't ruin it. I also liked Al, too, though.

message 25: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Adams Alicia wrote: "I was terribly upset when Kisten was taken from ALL of us, but I'm totally rooting for a Rachel/Trent thing even if it happens once.. how hot would that be? Pierce can just go back to being buried ..."
I dont like Pierce, never have and I wish he would go away. I am rooting for Trent and Rachel too, I hope they don't ignore their feelings for each other and fight the whole time, or she avoids him. I hope they go with it, *SPOILER* The million things she could have said at the end of Pale Demon when she called out to him...but she said never mind cause she got scared... I really wish she said something then, so we could know if it will continue.

message 26: by Trisha (last edited Aug 08, 2011 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha Valle Rachel and Trent?
or
Rachel and AL

I LOVE WHAT AL SAID TO RACHAEL
QUOTES

“I saw what you are,” he said, “and I was ashamed. I saw what you expect from a person, and I’d call you a bitch except you demand it from yourself as well. I saw how you see me,” he explained. “It wasn’t anything I didn’t already know, but it made me wonder at what I lack, what isn’t there.”

"I am not going to be the person who completes you,” he said, glancing at me and turning away. “You are one messed-up bitch.

MY FAV LINE FROM TRENT

"Just so you know, I’ve trusted you since camp."

Angella Charmayne wrote: "Is it just me or was there possibly something more between Rachel and Trent than the "Kiss". Has anybody else read this one? I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read it yet. I still w..."

Trent and Racheal all the way...i never did feel her and kistan thought i like kistan but i always thought trent and racheal could have something even with all there delemas

message 28: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher I hope the next book explains more about what Rachel forgot, especially from camp.(spoiler) I'm also wondering what other things that Rachel forgot after the demon attacked her soul. At the end of the book, she couldn't remember why her spell pot was dented.I love the Trent/Rachel hook up and I think Lucy will change both of them.

message 29: by Cher (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cher I agree with you Cher :) Good thought!I had forgotten about the dented spell pot, lol. Children always change things in a big way, especially considering Lucy loves Rachel. I had a thought when reading about that connection between Rachel and Lucy. Rachel should never have children because of what Trent's father did to her DNA, its just too dangerous, so Lucy could be the child that she cannot have and this would connect and bond Trent to Rachel and vise-versa within a family dynamic. What do you think?

message 30: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher I hope sooo. But everytime I think "Finally" Trent and Rachel get it, he does something so mean to her.I hope Lucy does soften them both.Does anyone remember in the earlier books that the demon Minas told Rachel that a new baby was to be born in everafter after 5000 years?There hasn't been a follow up yet.Anyone else recall this? I'm also curious about the tales that Trent was reading about for six months and trying to find answers.I wonder what it means? What he's trying to solve.

Fangs for the Fantasy I don't want to see her end up with Pierce at all. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about him I just don't like. For me it really could go either way, Rachel/Trent or Rachel/Al. Either of those choices are better than when she was with Tristan. I think my main issue with Rachel/Tristan was the way it was suddenly okay for her to be with a vamp with the relationship is heterosexual but Ivy is some sort of predator and is confused. The whole way the Ivy/Rachel relationship works makes me very uncomfortable. I was actually relieved when Tristan died.

I think that sexual tension between her and AL and her and Trent really needs to be explored and the waiting for the next book is really starting to get to me. Without doubt, Harrison is one of my favorite authors in this genre.

Beatrix Hi!
I am very curious what will happen in the next part. It would be interesting to relationship Rachel/Trent, but Trent hates demons, and Rachel is one of them now. Al, as men are not as appealing to me, but it's still better than the little rat Nick. Maybe a vampire again, Rachel should be convergent.

whitney Yikes! I have never heard someone say they were relieved to have Tristan die. That is the worst heartbreak ever for me while reading a book! I have moved on, but it still hurts. I like Al. I wouldn't be upset if Rachel ended up with Al. I just can't help but hope for a Trent and Rachel HEA. There has just been something smoldering there from the beginning. Yes he put her in the Rat fights but Al tried to kill her. A few times. Cudos to KH for her ability to redeem characters because I love Al and Trent despite their wicked ways. I am REALLY REALLY hoping Trent and Rachel end up together. That kiss was one of the best parts of my reading year 2011 :)

Aniko Kisten's death had me crying for several books! It's a testimony to Kim's brilliant writing that I still had to keep reading the next book anyway. As it is, it's taken a while, but Trent has really grown on me, especially after the last book. I'm hoping he is Rachel's HEA, but apparently there's a new guy somewhere over the horizon we have yet to meet, so who knows!

Chrystal-Clear (aka trouble4u) Aniko wrote: "Kisten's death had me crying for several books! It's a testimony to Kim's brilliant writing that I still had to keep reading the next book anyway. As it is, it's taken a while, but Trent has really..."

Trent has also really started to grow on me too but so has Al. Pierce is hiding something and I just don't like him or trust him, just like Nick.

Where the books will go I can hardly wait to see. Kim Harrison is one of my top favorite to read also.

Monica Briscoe My wish would be for her to explore a relationship with Al even for a short time...but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen and I'll really feel sorry for him. Wondering if we are ever going to learn more about the war between Demons and Elves...and did Al ever have a wife/lover/children??? We know he is extremely old but has he always been bitter and unhappy or has that just happened because of circumstances?

Chrystal-Clear (aka trouble4u) IT would be a good concept to see what Al was before he became so bitter. Was he human at one time that became a demon or was it like Newt and he just became bitter...

Crystal Andresakis Cher wrote: "I hope the next book explains more about what Rachel forgot, especially from camp.(spoiler) I'm also wondering what other things that Rachel forgot after the demon attacked her soul. At the end of ..."

Cher, the spell pot was dented because Nick hit Ivy in the head with it.

message 39: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher Crystal wrote: "Cher wrote: "I hope the next book explains more about what Rachel forgot, especially from camp.(spoiler) I'm also wondering what other things that Rachel forgot after the demon attacked her soul. A..."
I remember what caused the dent in spell pot but I'm curious what else she forgot.I'm sure it's more then just the spell pot. More interested in finding out what happened at camp with Trent

Fangs for the Fantasy I think there's definitely going to be an ongoing flirtation with Al, but ultimately it's going to be Rachael/Trent on the cards. I like how their relationship has slowly developed

Randy Smith The bottom line in spite of all the back biting and bitching on both their parts there is a very strong and getting stronger love connection there. They are beginning to see each and see through each other to the stuff that is important. When Trent gains the courage to face Rachael and tell her what he has been holding back since camp then his heart will be free. Racheal must put aside all past herstory (not history) to hear him and to listen to her own heart. She has loved and been in love. Now it time for her to be truely loved and for her to trust in love again.

Kristin Alice wrote: "Well, there's nothing to say the love/hate thing can't include at least 1 night of really hot sex! Besides, I think Trent's problem with Rach is that he hates that he loves her. Don't get me starte..."

Sooo totally agree with the he hates that he loves her. I think that Rachel does truely love Trent and has since camp all those years ago. I think some great story lines could come out of that relationship!!!

Carol I have been rooting for Trent and Rachel since book 1. IMO, no other love interest for Rachel has compared to Trent, including Kisten. And I think Rachel's mom knows they love each other.

message 44: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher Agreed. I wonder what else Rachel's mom knows about Trent and family. The only thing I can remember is Alice asking Rachel if she'd been allowed to she Trent's library yet?

message 45: by Randy (last edited Oct 07, 2011 02:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Randy Smith I think mama knows more than she is letting on about the whole deal, from Rachel magical cure and Trent's family secrets.

I also think that one of the thinks that attracts Rachel to Trent is his power. He strangly enough has been one of the few outside of Al that can let/ make her feel safe in her crazy world. Is that enough for love.. I kind of think it is a starter. On the other hand it is the need for power and control that make
Trent feel vulnerable around Rachel because she is such a wild card. That wild storm that fascinates him and yet scares him to his bones....it is because he could lose her? Can't wait to see what is going to happen next is this train wreck.

Shauna Randy wrote: "On the other hand it is the need for power and control that make Trent feel vulnerable around Rachel because she is such a wild card..."

I agree, it's not a love-hate relationship, at least on Trent's side of it. It's more of a love-fear thing, or desire mixed in with fear.

Randy Smith Makes you wonder what the truth really is? I think Trent had tried to tell her on a few occasions but something always seem to stop him. Then there is Ivy.. in her way she is very much in love with Rachel...humm interesting..

message 48: by Cher (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cher I think Trent was made to fear and loath Rachel from the beginning. His father told him to stay away from her because she was dangerous.Kim Harrison has said that Trent's father had plans for her but that Trent has now changed all those plans. Even Rachels father told her to work alone. I personally think Trent's finally seeing her as a person, instead of just a demon.

Randy Smith @Cher I am with you on that,about Trent seeing her as a person. The question is for him, (I think)is can or is he willing to love her for who she is.

Randy Smith Could it be that Rachael real deal is to save others .. the others, Ivy,Trent, etc? Think of how many people are tied to her because her helping or saving them and the number keeps growing. Maybe she is the best of both worlds.

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Pale Demon (other topics)
Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (other topics)
Ever After (other topics)