Without Remorse (John Clark, #1) Without Remorse question

What's the joke about the name John Clark?
Stephen Stephen Jun 28, 2011 03:46PM
OK I'm a bit slow this week or maybe having an extended senior moment but I don't see why Greer et. al. find the code name John Clark humorous based on the guys real name being John Kelly. Yet, there are several spots where he and they appear to find it amusing. I googled Clark Kelly and Kelly Clark and apart from a snowboarder who came to fame way after the time setting of this book I can't find any popular references.

Can someone let me in on the joke?

The Dark Tower book by stephen king are worth a spin, they are a little patchy here and there but they are cetainly memorable and the last 3 become extremely compelling

i have memories of Raymond Fiests Magician series being good but it was 20 odd years back i read them

the Rendevous with Rama books by Arthur C Clarke were also good, well until they became shit - but up until that point they are good

For Victor: May I be so bold as to suggest you try "Extraction." A new novel released in August. Go to Amazon. Type in Extraction by Gerald Patrick. You can use the look inside feature and get the first 9 chapters for free. I'll look for your comments.
Thanks,
Gerald Patrick

I'm trying to remember when he got the name. For some reason, I'm thinking it had to do with the street they were on at the time. Now I'll have to go back & re-read the book to remember what my impressions were.

I'm looking for my next author/series to chew up and devour. I'm all the way through Clancy's body of work, Follett's Pillars of the Earth, Thy Kingdom Come, Fall of Giants. I was into the Anne Rice Vampire series and her erotica series but I jumped the tracks when she started with the Witch stuff. I'm looking for an author/series that will take me through the next year or so...please send me suggestions. I love the 20 lb. thousand pagers.

Victor- Try Robert Ludlum's "The Prometheus Deception".
It's a 600 pager. Good read, in the same style as Clancy.

clark was played by chevy chase in family vacation.

M 25x33
Antonio Angelo no victor nothing involving chevy chase is funny.
Dec 04, 2012 09:20AM
Di I know that in Debt of Honor a reference is made that JC are good initial for someone who "rose from the dead" referencing his faked death
Mar 14, 2013 07:33PM

Hmmmm. I've read the book 3 times and i don't think I've ever picked up on that. Guess that tells you why I can read books multiple times and still enjoy them.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Without Remorse (other topics)