Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson Series One, #1) Vampire Shift discussion

Do we still judge a book by its cover?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke The cover for my new book Vampire Shift (Book One) The Kiera Hudson Trilogywas kindly created by cover artist Carles Barrios. Do you find this cover appealing? Would it make you want to read what was hidden beneath it?

Jennifer I've had quite a few people tell me how much they love the cover, on my FB page AND blog so I would say yes we do!

message 3: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke I'm really lucky to hve had such talented artist do the cover for me!

Jackie Hauver Tim you are an amazing author! I devoured the series. I think you've had great cover art on all of your stories.

message 5: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Candice Terry yes...when i'm flipping through my amazon recommends the first thing i'm looking for is the cover... I try not to do that so much now because there as been some really great books i've read and the covers were plain ..and i kicked myself for not reading it sooner... just so happens this is one of my books on my kindle (wink) loved this cover along with the other books in the series.

message 7: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke Hi Candice,

I'm the same, its always the covers that first get my attention, and I have to admit that I've skipped other books in the past where the covers dont catch my eye.

Samirah I think both the cover and book were really good.It wasn't the typical run of the mill urban fantasy.Infact I would rather call it dark fantasy or horror

Rachael Just read and finished this book. Absolutely brilliant. As for the cover I love it too. Reminds me slightly of 'The immortal Rules' by Julie Kagawa and I was drawn to that by the cover before the blurb and it was the same for yours.

I have also skipped past books because the cover was a let down BUT I tell myself off for doing it now as I think I've probably missed out on some amazing books because of it.. I always check the blurb now, just to make sure.

Stephanie Bolen I like the cover but it has absolutely nothing to do with the contents. I liked book but she's a cop not a vampire, and that's kind of what the cover conveys.

message 11: by Jjab (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jjab To answer the question of judging a book by it's cover, I do, even though I know what's on the outside isn't always what's on the inside. But, the cover or wrapping is what always catches my eye and makes me look again.

The cover art is interesting. It is what made me look at the back of the book to see if I might enjoy it.

message 12: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke Stephanie wrote: "I like the cover but it has absolutely nothing to do with the contents. I liked book but she's a cop not a vampire, and that's kind of what the cover conveys."
Thanks for your comments Stephanie, you need to read further into the series to see the reason for the cover. Take care, Tim:)

message 13: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim O'Rourke Jjab wrote: "To answer the question of judging a book by it's cover, I do, even though I know what's on the outside isn't always what's on the inside. But, the cover or wrapping is what always catches my eye an..."

Its nice to hear from you Jjab, thank you for your comments:) Tim

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Vampire Shift (other topics)