Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Welcome & Ice Breakers > Introduce yourself

Comments (showing 201-250 of 930) (930 new)    post a comment »

message 201: by Sara (new)

Sara (MonkeyGirlsMama) | 196 comments Welcome Jen!

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 2500 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Jen.

message 203: by Heather (new)

Heather Adkins (heathermarieadkins) | 9 comments Just realized I never introduced myself after joining at the end of December! My name is Heather, I'm 24, I'm a dispatcher for law enforcement. I'm currently in school getting my English degree (and a possible minor in French, haven't decided yet). I have a house full of animals, my dog is my soulmate, and I've been an avid reader and writer since I was twelve years old. I joined goodreads last June, and I've loved every minute of being here with people just like myself!

Welcome to the group Heather. It is a great group, huh?

message 205: by Sara (new)

Sara (MonkeyGirlsMama) | 196 comments Welcome officially to the group Heather!

message 206: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments I am a big animal lover too. Right now we have a dog and two kittens. One of the kittens is making this message an extreme sport as we speak. Glad that you are in the group!

message 207: by Heather (new)

Heather Adkins (heathermarieadkins) | 9 comments Extreme kitten sports are the BEST! lol. I have five cats and they are a handful. Thanks for the welcome everybody!

message 208: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Heather!

message 209: by Ruby (last edited Jan 21, 2010 12:16AM) (new)

Ruby Me too. I apologize for not introducing myself since I started joining this group. My name is Ruby, Im from the Philippines. Im 31 years old and currently working as a legal assistant in a government agency. I love to read classical novels especially the works of Henry James and Jane Austen. Im also a fan of the Harry Potter series and lately, by the Vampire Academy series, they are just too irresistible! =)

And to the moderators, thank you for accepting me in this group. Maraming salamat po.

message 210: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Ruby!

message 211: by Sara (new)

Sara (MonkeyGirlsMama) | 196 comments Welcome to the group Ruby!

message 212: by Slayermel (new)

Slayermel | 656 comments Welcome to the group Heather and Ruby :0)

message 213: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Thank you Luann, Sara and Slayermel. =)

Welcome Ruby.

message 215: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Ruby! I definitely read my share of YA vampire books, but have not read any of that series. May have to look into that one.

message 216: by Arlene (new)

Arlene | 145 comments Kumusta Ka Ruby? I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Davao and Tagbilaran, Bohol. Where do you live. I know that when we lived there it was hard finding books in English but now there are some great bookstores in the metro malls.

message 217: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Davies | 2 comments Hi I'm Kerry, from Brisbane AU.
This group sounds great! I'm always looking for new authors to read.

message 218: by Sara (new)

Sara (MonkeyGirlsMama) | 196 comments Welcome to the group Kerry! Hope you enjoy our group!

message 219: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Kerry!! It's a great time to join the shelves have lots of great choices this month and next.

message 220: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Arlene wrote: "Kumusta Ka Ruby? I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Davao and Tagbilaran, Bohol. Where do you live. I know that when we lived there it was hard finding books in English but now there are some grea..."

Hi Arlene. I live and work here in Manila but I grew up in Masbate, one of the provinces here in the Philippines. Yes, there are a lot of bookstores that you can find in the malls today though sometimes there are some books, which earned good reviews here in Goodreads, that are not available in the market and is yet to be ordered. I've never been in Bohol and Davao, though they are now considered as one of the tourist spots. An officemate of mine who recently got married even spend their honeymoon in Bohol. When did you lived here? I hope my country gave you good memories. =)

message 221: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Kerry!

message 222: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 4 comments Hi I'm Mandy from Australia, all I have read are books in the paranormal romance/ urban fantasy section so I am really looking forward to being a part of this group and reading something different.

message 223: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Mandy! If you're looking to read different things each month, you've come to the right group!

message 224: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Mandy! I think you will find this group will get you reading things outside your norm.

message 225: by Sara (new)

Sara (MonkeyGirlsMama) | 196 comments Welcome to the group Mandy! Hope you enjoy it!

message 226: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leo23) | 129 comments Kerry wrote: "Hi I'm Kerry, from Brisbane AU.
This group sounds great! I'm always looking for new authors to read."

Hi Kerry, I'm from Brisbane too and found this group just over a year ago. I have read so many books that I wouldn't have otherwise even picked up. Welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Cheers Leonie

message 227: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Gail from Sydney. Just joined, feeling like a fish out of water. I love the concept of this group. I have been stuck in a particular genre for a long time (fantasy & classics). It is now time to move on. But where? Your current choice of shelf for February gives me an easy entry, as I can slip in some old favourites. Hopefully I will eventually be pushed out of my comfort zone.

message 228: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (Tantara) Welcome Gail! (and Kerry, Mandy, Ruby, Heather, Jen, Emily... I just found this thread, and I figured the least I can do is wave at all the new folk on the most recent page!)

I think you'll really like it here. It's a very friendly group with diverse tastes in books. Whatever you're into, you'll find others here who share your tastes.

And Gail - it's a great group for being (gently) pushed outside your comfort zone. You start blurring the genre lines, reading things that are less easy to neatly classify, and suddenly you're all over the reading map!

message 229: by [deleted user] (new)

Candiss, Thanks, am looking forward to it!

Welcome Gail - This is a great group for helping you read genre's you never thought you would. I have read travel books, and romance books that I never thought I would enjoy, and I did.

message 231: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome to the group, Gail!

message 232: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Gail! I hope we can help give you that little push!

message 233: by Bec (new)

Bec (bheitbaum) Hi All! I've just joined this group. I'm Bec, and I'm from Melbourne. This group looks really interesting, and like Gail I have been stuck in one genre for a while and need to "stretch my reading legs" :-)

I am totally addicted to reading (and a bit of writing) and since I got my Kindle I've become completely obsessed!

Welcome Bec. This is certainly the place to get you to stretch you genre legs!

message 235: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Bec! I have been teetering on the idea of the Kindle or the Nook! I have not met someone that has not loved it. I may have to join that bandwagon soon.

message 236: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Bec! I would love to get a Kindle, but they still cost just a bit more than I want to pay!

message 237: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (OntarioGal) | 1 comments Hi all! I enjoy reading many different genres and mixing it up, so this looks like a great group. I look forward to delving into genres and books that wouldn't have occurred to me to read.

message 238: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Stephanie! I think you will find a whole bunch of books here. I know my TBR has grown exponentially.

message 239: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Stephanie! You've definitely found a place to mix it up!

Welcome Stephanie. I second Tara's comment. My TBR list is HUGE now.

message 241: by Maisha (new)

Maisha | 5 comments I'm new to GoodReads, and am so excited to have joined this group. I can definitely get stuck in a book rut, and am ready to embrace new genres.

Maisa

message 242: by Em (new)

Em (Emily27) | 45 comments This is certainly the place to do that! Welcome to the group, Maisha!

Welcome Maisha. Hope you enjoy the group. I have read a few genres that I never thought I would, and have found that there were books in those genres that I actually enjoyed! This is a great rut reducing group.

message 244: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Lyn M wrote: "...This is a great rut reducing group."

Welcome to the group, Maisha!

I love that description, Lyn!

Pick-a-shelf is our name, and rut reduction is our game!

message 246: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Maisa!

message 247: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Hi guys,

I love being stretched and this book club certainly looks like it'll do it! Glad to join you all with some great reading :-)

Tina

message 248: by Em (new)

Em (Emily27) | 45 comments Welcome to the group Tina!

message 249: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 996 comments Welcome, Tina!

message 250: by Tara (new)

Tara | 742 comments Welcome Tina!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Devil's Arithmetic (other topics)
The Time Traveler's Wife (other topics)
To Say Nothing of the Dog (other topics)
Mona Lisa Awakening (other topics)
The Left Hand of Darkness (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ursula K. Le Guin (other topics)
Ellyn Bache (other topics)
Cory Doctorow (other topics)
John Steinbeck (other topics)
Patricia McCormick (other topics)
More...