SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead Threads > eBook: Susan Ee's "Angelfall"

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Shhhh! I'm Reading! (last edited Jun 20, 2011 09:31PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 18177 comments Author, GR & SOS member, Susan Ee recently spent a few days chatting with us at The Dark Side of the Moon.

She's generously offered three more copies of her book, Angelfall, to be offered in a giveaway here as well.

If you are interested, please state your preferred format (epub or mobi) along with one thing about the book that appeals to you as a fantasy fan. Three members will be randomly chosen from the posts.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) by Susan Ee
Goodreads Description:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Susan Ee | 14 comments Hi all!

Thanks, Steph, for setting this up! I’ve been on the road, otherwise, I would have posted this sooner. Since I’m new to the group, I wanted to say hello and offer up some free books to the members. I’ve found bribery—I mean, gifts—to be helpful when it comes to getting people to like me. :)

Angelfall has been out for a full month now! It has gone as high as being #48 in the bestseller list for Kindle Dark Fantasy and somewhere in the 50's for Kindle Fantasy Series. It's currently ranked #1 in top rated Kindle Dark Fantasy, #1 in top rated Kindle Fantasy Series, gone as high as #1 in Kindle's hot new dark fantasy releases and #7 in Kindle's hot fantasy series new releases. But it's also fallen off these lists all together, with some of them coming back and some of them not. So it’s been a wild and crazy ride!

Here’s a full version of the cover:

Susan Ee | 14 comments BTW, .mobi is for the Kindle and ePub is for the iPad and Nook. If you don’t have an eReader but would like to read the book, you can download the FREE Kindle app for your computer or phone here: Kindle app

message 4: by Steph, Shhhh! I'm Reading! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 18177 comments Thanks for the info, Susan! And, again, Welcome! I'll keep the thread open this weekend, in case any stragglers pop by.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments The cover is GORGEOUS!!!!

Well - that's not the only reason I would love to read it. I'm a vamp girl from WAY back, but lately some of the ways authors have tried to break away from the "typical" vamp have just been plain silly.

I've really enjoyed reading about other types of supernatural beings lately. Angels are becoming a new favorite of mine and I have been actively seeking them out! I love that Penryn sounds like she will be a strong character, and not someone who relies on a boy/man to solve her problems.

I don't have an ereader, so I guess if I actually win a copy I'll be downloading that free Kindle app! Thanks for the link. LOL

Susan Ee | 14 comments Thanks, Steph!

Hi Cindy--so glad you like the cover! I love it too. :)

Cindy said: Angels are becoming a new favorite of mine and I have been actively seeking them out!

Yay! I'm a vamp girl from way back too--Rice and Dracula. :) I guess you could say I've moved on to angels as well!

AH | 1930 comments This sounds really interesting. I've always enjoyed angel stories, especially the darker ones. I'll have to add it to the to-read list.

Thenia | 612 comments Beautiful cover and the story sounds interesting. I hope it does very well, Susan!

Susan Ee | 14 comments Thanks so much, AH & Thenia! Always great to have good wishes. :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 1391 comments The cover is visually stunning. I hope it continues to move up the charts for you! Darker Angel stories have always intrigue me, I don't always enjoy light & fluffy books (too much Stephen King, Dean Koontz & Richard Laymon as a child). I'll be adding this one to my wish list. Best of luck with this and the following books. :)

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Oh Michelle, we could be long lost book twins! I was reading King and Koontz in the early 70's. Never did want light and fluffy.

Carlyn | 466 comments The cover is absolutely gorgeous! I'm a fan of angel tales good or bad angels :) I like the idea of an apocalyptic world as it shows people in a different light. Good luck with the series :)

Susan Ee | 14 comments Thank you, Michelle & Carlyn! :)

And I'm right there with you on King & Koontz. I gobbled up their books like it was candy. :)

message 14: by Steph, Shhhh! I'm Reading! (last edited Jun 25, 2011 11:54PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 18177 comments Alrighty folks, it's Sunday late afternoon, my time, so I'm officially calling an end to the giveaway.

But, please feel free to continue to share your thoughts on the book.

I'm off to randomize those that commented and pick 3 lucky duckies to receive a free ecopy. :D

message 15: by Steph, Shhhh! I'm Reading! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 18177 comments Winners

Congratulations to: Michelle, Carlyn & AH
Please send a PM to Susan stating your preferred format and email address to receive your copy of Angelfall.

Thank you, Susan, for sharing your book with our members!

For the purpose of this giveaway, I entered the # of the member's comment into the randomizer. The first three were chosen as the winners.

message 16: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 5312 comments Congrats & hope you all enjoy the book!

message 17: by Sandra, Winter is Coming ... (new)

Sandra | 12922 comments Congrats to the Winners!

message 18: by AH (new)

AH | 1930 comments Wow! Thanks!

Congrats to all the winners!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Congrats ya'll! I want to see reviews! *cracks whip* Get to it you lucky ladies....

Zaanodes | 804 comments Congrats, Michelle, Carlyn and AH!!

Susan Ee | 14 comments Congrats to the winners! And a big thank you to all the participants! It was fun. :)

And thank you, Steph, for being a wonderful hostess!

message 22: by Michelle (last edited Jun 26, 2011 10:04AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 1391 comments Thank you! I didn't expect to win but I'm really glad I get to read the book! :)

Congrats to Carlyn & AH!

Carlyn | 466 comments Thanks so much and congrats to the other winners! I'm really looking forward to reading it! :)

message 24: by Steph, Shhhh! I'm Reading! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 18177 comments :D You're welcome, Susan. Thank you as well! Congrats to the winners! I'd love to read your reviews as well.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angelfall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Ee (other topics)