The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P discussion

Fun Discusssions :P > OMFG. READ THIS. this is insane. :$

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by {{Kylee} heh..wait what (last edited Jun 18, 2011 12:58AM) (new)

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments alright I need to ask a question. this is very random, but has anyone seen harper's island the tv show.
no listen. THIS IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS.
or am I just crazy?

DO NOT READ IF YOU PLAN TO EVER WATCH HARPER'S ISLAND.

so. there's this girl named abby. she goes to her friend's wedding. his name is henri. along the way she sees her old "friend" jimmy. years before, there was a serial killer named watefield, but he was thought to be long dead.
you're probably wondering where I'm going with this. just read on. :P

so soon murders start to appear all around. I'll save you all the boring details and just get right to the point.
towards the end (the second to last episode I believe) you find out that watefield loved abby's mother. but when he started to go all psycho, she left him. but they had a kid. so watefield is back again and you also find out that he has an accomplice working with him in the murders. and that it may be his elder son. well, they suspect abby's love jimmy. they think jimmy's the son.
then when the mother left watefield she had a daughter with another dude, which is the only difference.
BUT soon later on, henri confesses that he was working with his father and that him and abby are, in fact, brother and sister. and that their mother did not want henri and abandoned him, sorta.
henri turns out to be this freakin' psychotic guy that is his father's little pet and has known for years that abby was his sis and stuff.

am I insane? or is this sounding very strangely familiar to anyone else? :/
I'm not pulling your leg here...go watch it yourself if you don't believe me.

it's not just that. even little details are true too. by the end, I was bugging my bf SOOOO bad because I kept saying things that were going to happen with a kind of -_- face and I was ALWAYS right. like "oh ja--I mean jimmy's going to take down seba--I mean henri. don't worry, he's not really dead."

Tessa (TessaKaye81) Wow. Does sound like there are a lot of simmilarities! May have to go check it out :)

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments huh,it does sound the same. i should watch the show :D

maddy (may-may-chan) | 97 comments can i punch people who copy things? i really want to.......its just not fair T_T

Claire *growls*

Kendall (I_Love_Jordan_Taylor) | 19 comments oh my gods that makes me really mad! I mean come on there are other ideas out there! ugh! =(

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments I know...and they sorta even look the same too...it's very weird. :/ I don't know how you'd do that and not realize how much you're copying!

Brooke (MischeifManaged) | 5 comments Why can't they just come up with their own ideas! Some people! >:(

~Linds(: xD! Some people think that Clare is copying others . . . ( Not Me) D: but yeah . . . and even if she was . . . shes a much better writer . . . At least i think so . <3

maddy (may-may-chan) | 97 comments It reminds me of this book called Star Crossed that people say is a copy of twilight. i dont relly care that much but i mean......be original people!

Be Happy | 35 comments Wow, this reminds my a lot of City of Bones! But i am sure City of Bones is better :)

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments yeah books are always better than the shows or movies :D

maddy (may-may-chan) | 97 comments obviously! I just watched the movie Beastly last night. there were so few things that they kept from the book that it might as well have had a different title!

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments omg yeah i watched and was like what the heck... if its based on the book why change important stuff? i dont get why they changed his name from adrian to hunter

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments I DON'T EITHER.
in the theater, when they first mentioned hunter, I shouted out "IT'S ADRIAN" -_- I was mad .

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments yep, im still a little mad, did u see I am number four kylee?

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments yeah, I did. that's one of my fav books

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments i loved the book and the movie but they still changed a pretty good amount of info from the book

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments they did! they were good in different ways, I guess. I love sam, and I love that actor for him..but he wasn't as awkward as he was in the book. little thing that bugged me, but still. they did change a lot . :$

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments its a good thing i watched the movie first, bc if i read the book then watched the movie i would have been so freckin mad

{{Kylee} heh..wait what | 53 comments I read the book first..and honestly it wasn't the worst adaptation I'd ever seen. but they could have done better . I just don't see why they feel the need to change stuff

Mariam of the Yemen (JacemineWayland) | 333 comments i know right

The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P

unread topics | mark unread