The Dark Side of the Moon discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > JOIN US! Author Chat and eBook Giveaway: June 15-17 with Susan Ee

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Twisted Sister (last edited Jun 13, 2011 07:01AM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 736 comments Mod
Welcome to our first Author Chat & Giveaway!
Chat & Giveaway: Wed-Fri, June 15-17!

Members
A few guidelines to remember

Please ask only one question per post. If you have more than one question, please ask it in a new post. Please not to duplicate questions which have already been asked. To make it easier for the author, please make your questions bold. It goes without saying, but I will ~ Please be friendly and respectful.

If you would also like to be included in the giveaway, please state in your post which format you would like to receive, should you win. Format options available: .mobi (Kindle) or .epub; please remember to adhere to copyright rules.

* This giveaway is being offered worldwide.

Winners will be chosen using randomizer. If you are one of the lucky winners, please contact Susan (via PM) within 48 hours on how to claim your eBook.

message 2: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Our first author chat will be with Susan Ee

Her book, Angelfall was released on 21 May and is the first in the Penryn & the End of Days series.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) by Susan Ee

GR Description:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Giveaway: Susan will be giving away 5 copies of her book in eFormat. Members may choose either .mobi or .epub format.

message 3: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Please be thinking of some questions you'd like to ask her. A broadcast message will be sent out to all members announcing the chat & giveaway dates.

message 4: by Judithe, ~Bump of Chicken~ (new)

Judithe | 242 comments Mod
How exciting!!

message 5: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

:) I'm looking forward to it. Hope some members will join us.

message 6: by Judithe, ~Bump of Chicken~ (new)

Me, too!!

Josie | 102 comments Same! :)

When you say eFormat is that exclusively Kindle/Sony Reader etc or does that include PDFs?

message 8: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Our Author Chat & Giveaway dates have been set!
Wed-Fri, June 15-17th

Chat with Susan Ee and enter for a chance to win a digital copy of her new book, Angelfall.

Join us here on Wednesday!

The chat thread will open Wednesday morning, Japan time, so that come Wednesday in all time zones (including Susan's) it'll be ready and waiting for your questions.

message 9: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Josie wrote: "Same! :)

When you say eFormat is that exclusively Kindle/Sony Reader etc or does that include PDFs?"

I'm sorry, Josie, but she's only offering .mobi and .epub formats. You can download a Kindle reader app here to read the Kindle format.

Josie | 102 comments Thanks for the link, Steph. I had no idea you could download Kindle eBooks without a Kindle, although I feel I'm on a slippery slope now lol. It's even easier ;)

message 11: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

You're welcome. Susan wanted to make sure everyone knew you didn't need a Kindle to read Kindle-formatted eBooks. ;)

I use Stanza (a free app) on my iPhone and iPad, which allows me to read just about any format. Talk about hazardous to my wallet!

Josie | 102 comments Lol, the trouble with this is that there's no proof, no books being delivered, no one knows that you've lost control of your life. It's great ;)

Susan Ee | 71 comments I'm excited too! :)

.mobi works on the Kindle and free Kindle apps.
.ePub works on the Nook, iPad, iPhone, and I think most other reading devices.

I l-o-v-e my Kindle. I have my library in my purse everywhere I go. :D

message 14: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

I've created a group event for those that would like to sign-up that way and receive a reminder via email.

Event Link

message 15: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Josie wrote: "Lol, the trouble with this is that there's no proof, no books being delivered, no one knows that you've lost control of your life. It's great ;)"

LOL! So true, Josie!

message 16: by Judithe, ~Bump of Chicken~ (new)

I didn't state for the giveaway...so, add me & e-pub format!

message 17: by Steph, Twisted Sister (new)

Just spotted this post, sorry. If you wouldn't mind, please send Susan a PM to discuss how to receive your copy. :)

message 18: by Judithe, ~Bump of Chicken~ (new)

No biggy! I'll just pick it up on Amazon (don't mind buying to show my support!)

Susan Ee | 71 comments Hi Judithe,

I'll be more than happy to send you a copy of Angelfall. Please shoot me a PM with your email so I can send the ePub. Thank you so much for the thought, though! It was lovely chatting with you during the author chat. :)

message 20: by Judithe, ~Bump of Chicken~ (new)

Aren't you a sweetie! Will do, and so excited to read it!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angelfall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Ee (other topics)