What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Query Abandoned by Poster > girl kidnapped by indians

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 1 comments I read a book about a young girl who was kidnapped from her home by indians. I think it could have been a romance novel for she falls in love with one of the indians and becomes his wife. I remember she had really white skin and I think she had red hair but could be wrong about the hair. Im pretty sure she has children to the indian and I think she might have had a miscarriage at some point. The more I think about it the more Im convinced it was some kind of romance novel. it was written more like a romance novel than a serious novel

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 3 comments Is it possibly Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson? Or maybe Silken Savage by Catherine Hart?

message 3: by Noel (new)

Noel | 4 comments This story line sounds so much like the book I'm looking for. But in mine, I'm pretty sure the girl was American Indian. She had been taken from her village and later falls for her captor. Whom she initially despised. I remember that he was covered entirely with tattoos...

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 4 comments Could it be The Ransom of mercy carter by caroline b. cooney?

message 5: by Allyson (new)

Allyson (BiscuitMunroe) | 2 comments Sounds like Cassie Edwards to me? Check that out maybe... I dont' remember titles at all sorry :(

message 6: by Caitlín (new)

Caitlín (Ink Mage) (InkMage) | 9 comments They're both middle grade/YA, but either of these?

Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan, Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763

Beaded Moccasins (I'm pretty sure this girl has red hair)

message 7: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 126 comments perhaps it's Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison - Lois Lenski

It's Y.A., published in the 1940s, I think.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7... is one of the many other threads about books about girls captured by Indians. There's a good list there, and there's a tip about searching for more titles.

message 9: by Rhianna (new)

Rhianna um maybe Frontier Lady by Judith Pella or any other one in that 3 book series?

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Nahra | 2 comments i read a book just like that and i cant remember the title i know it was like Diary of a...and thats all i remember i'll look when i go to the library this friday

message 11: by Melissa (last edited Sep 18, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Melissa Nahra | 2 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/46... this was the book that i was thinking of!she does marry one of the indians if i am remembering correctly!

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) It's interesting that the character in Melissa's book (Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan, Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763) is a Quaker girl. This group repeatedly gets requests for certain books about Quakers, too.

message 13: by Vail (last edited Sep 21, 2012 08:49AM) (new)

Vail (Vailkyrie) | 1 comments The one I'm thinking of, she wasn't a captive but a translator sent from a community of Puritans or Quakers to learn (I think it was) Cherokee. And somehow was forced out by her own community or somehow got stuck with the tribe.

Is it the one where she has to build her tent/teepee across the road from the rest of the tribe?

There was a male medicine man that she eventually fell in love with.

Edit: This is the one I'm thinking of: The Primrose Way by Jackie French Koller

message 14: by Deborah (last edited Apr 04, 2013 05:11PM) (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Someone recently mentioned on another post: A Circle Unbroken

message 15: by Mar (new)

Mar | 1 comments It is Follow the River - about Mary Ingals - not the Little House Mary Ingalls - she is red headed and has her baby while they are headed for the Indian Camp - Most of her kids stay with the Indians, but she escapes and has a hard road back. When she gets home she is white headed.

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Follow the River, for the link.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, fighting off Sharia law (new)

Lobstergirl | 10069 comments Mod
Natasha, are you still looking for this book? (Only one comment from Natasha in the Group, back in 2011....)

message 18: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (LaurieLynette) | 327 comments Well if she is I read 2 books of this type that wasn't mentioned above and might come in handy if someone is ever looking for the same type of books.

The White by Deborah LarsenThe White by Deborah Larsen.

The Unredeemed Captive A Family Story from Early America by John DemosThe Unredeemed Captive: A Family Story from Early America
by John Demos

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan, Delaware Valley, Pennsylvania, 1763 (other topics)
The Beaded Moccasins (other topics)
Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison (other topics)
Frontier Lady (other topics)
The Primrose Way (other topics)