Dreamspinner Press discussion

Meet the Author > Chatting with Damon Suede

Comments (showing 201-210 of 210) (210 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

ElaineY | 71 comments Do update us!

Jaime I want to know what happened Damon....was your book plugged or not?

message 203: by Damon (last edited Jul 18, 2011 02:36PM) (new)

Damon Suede (DamonSuede) | 115 comments LOL Yeah. It was maybe 4 seconds, but he gave it away as a prize said my name and the title and held it up for the camera. More importantly it got picked up on twitter as well, because the show is so tweet focused... (I don't tweet so no real undderstanding of how that works!)

The response has been bananas. The book's "paid" ranking jumped almost 200 on Amazon in like an hour. Elisa just did an incredibly cool blog post about it as a step for the genre, thoguh I think she's probably being generous there... :) In any event, it was an amazing, fluky gift from the Universe; the Bravo folks couldn't have been sweeter and I'm thrilled!

No idea what it means long term, but it definitely got Hot Head some attention.

Sylvia | 25 comments Wow, that's great!

Jaime YAY!!! Damon, I'm so thrilled for you and the genre, that is so awesome.

message 206: by Eden (new)

Eden Winters (EdenWinters) | 67 comments Congratulations! That is incredible!

Angel Martinez (AngelMartinez) | 40 comments Damon wrote: "Elisa just did an incredibly cool blog post about it as a step for the genre, though I think she's probably being generous there... :)"

For anyone looking for Elisa's blog, it's here:
http://elisa-rolle.livejournal.com

Maybe it was a four second mention, but it was a mention on MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!! You have to be totally pumped, Damon, hon. (I am for you - woohoo!) And, brief as it was, I do see this as a breakthrough for the genre, points people in the right direction, as it were :D

ElaineY | 71 comments Angel wrote: "Maybe it was a four second mention, but it was a mention on MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!! "

I'm SO thrilled and happy for you, Damon!

message 209: by Jane (new)

Jane That had to have been the kind of moment you remember for a long time! Wonderful news and congratulations on the great publicity.

message 210: by Lou (new)

Lou Sylvre | 359 comments That's wonderful, Damon. I'm with you on being somewhat twitter illiterate, but I have heard that it makes a big impact on getting the word out. Excellent news!

Damon wrote: "LOL Yeah. It was maybe 4 seconds, but he gave it away as a prize said my name and the title and held it up for the camera. More importantly it got picked up on twitter as well, because the show is ..."

1 2 3 5 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hot Head (other topics)
The Lord Won't Mind (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Damon Suede (other topics)