English Mysteries Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Pre-August 2012 Revival > June 2011 - Edith Ngaio Marsh - A Man Lay Dead

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 01, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Introducing the June 2011 Book of the Month title...hopefully loads of folks out there will come along on the journey!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

If you're planning to read the book, please feel free to let the group know on this thread as I'd love to know who's participating!

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 29 comments I don;t own this one, but I'm looking for a copy. Not at my local library so I'm trying used books stores this week.

message 4: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) I finished it last week.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished...can't wait for the end of the month and some great discussions! :-) Quite a change from last month but then that was the goal when I put together the list for the year.

So - how many folks on the list are on board for this month's book? Just curious while we wait a few more days before opening up discussion.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

OK - who read this month's book? Anyone out there ready to kick start some discussion?!? I really enjoyed it. It's old school but with a forensic twist that makes it a bit unique for the period.

Fave character?
Best twist?
Best scene?

Let's open up a wide discussion! :-)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Julia - glad you enjoyed reading it. I did as well - lovely 'old school' mystery! I think my favourite character was Inspector Allyn. I did some poking around on Wikipedia for more about Marsh and Allyn. I didn't realize it but he is her main characters for 31 other novels. Her novels follow his life and are in chronological order right up to her last novel published in 1982! That means I've quite a list ahead of me if I want to learn more about this character and how he develops. 31 more books...no small task! :-)

Any other feedback about this book and/or author? Hoping there's a few more out there who might want to contribute to our discussion! :-)
Cheers!
~S~

message 8: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) I'll probably read at least the next one and see what I think from there. This wasn't my favorite of the genre, but I definitely enjoyed it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll definitely try to read more from the series...assuming I can still keep up with the BotM reading on here. Honestly - I need more reading time in my life! Need to work on that! :-)
~S~

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread