City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) City of Ashes discussion

I don't know, but have you read this??

Comments (showing 1-50 of 53) (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Savannah I know this has been out for a while. But I only recently found it. It's Jace's POV when they are in the Seelie Court in COA and he kisses Clary. Enjoy! What are thoughts? I really like it.

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/bitter

Iris LOVE IT <3

Savannah I know, right. It really is awesome.

Radiya Aw, Jace :(
I loved the line where he wanted to thank The Seelie Queen xD

Artemis I love the line when Clary asked incredulous and all that... "You want Jace to kiss you?!?" That was super funny!

*♥*Athena Leilani*♥* That was amazing! I loved it! :)

Diana A++++

Nurlely Radiya wrote: "I loved the line where he wanted to thank The Seelie Queen xD"

Eh? that's incorrect. Jace did not want to thank the Seelie Queen for her action. It was her who 'considered' that she awarded Jace with a boon.

Radiya Nurlely wrote: "Radiya wrote: "I loved the line where he wanted to thank The Seelie Queen xD"

Eh? that's incorrect. Jace did not want to thank the Seelie Queen for her action. It was her who 'considered' that she..."

But I thought he did want to thank her because of that line..."The Seelie Queen was looking at him, and her eyes were like the sea before a deadly storm, and he wanted to say thank you. Thank you."
Unless I'm interpreting that wrong O_o

message 11: by percabeth (last edited Jun 01, 2011 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

percabeth No, i think that's right. I loved it! and it was really interesting to read. btw where did u find this?

Nurlely Radiya wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "But I thought he did want to thank her because of that line..."The Seelie Queen was looking at him, and her eyes were like the sea before a deadly storm, and he wanted to say thank you. Thank you."
Unless I'm interpreting that wrong O_o "

That's interesting. I left my book at home, but I have my e-book. I could not find that line in mine. Perhaps I should look at it in my book.

Nurlely I got it. That line came from:

Jace's Point of View - City of Ashes (Seelie Court)
by City of Fallen Angels Fan Page

That is why I could not find it in my book...:)

Radiya Nurlely wrote: "I got it. That line came from:

Jace's Point of View - City of Ashes (Seelie Court)
by City of Fallen Angels Fan Page

That is why I could not find it in my book...:)"

Ah, we were both talking about different parts. Sweet! =]

message 15: by nine (new) - rated it 5 stars

nine It was so cute!! aww Jace!

kirky loves yoohz!! BAM!! i love this series sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i am dieing for the next book!!!!!!!!!!1 and jace is such a sweetheart (:

Savannah I know right. I am soo glad I found the chapter. I was upset about his character at the end of CoFA, but this chapter had me smiling again. It was beautiful, getting to see his side, and understand a bit about what was going on from his point of view.

Victoria love it

Sierra Sweet <3 Yet I really don't like the Queen.

Elizabeth Cornish This was so unbelievably awesome!! I can't believe I didn't know that it existed! sigh! Savannah you're the best!!! I'm never going to stop reading this now!!!!

Yasmeen Herondale that was awesome...i really do love Jace "just close your eyes and think of England" hahaha..

BTW, how do you find these? I've read Jace's letter to Clary, and the postcards though..

Savannah Elizabeth wrote: "This was so unbelievably awesome!! I can't believe I didn't know that it existed! sigh! Savannah you're the best!!! I'm never going to stop reading this now!!!!"

Haha, thank you. And I'm not going to stop reading it either. I saved it on my computer, and i'm just going to read it again and again. :P And don't worry, I didn't know it existed either until a while back, and I couldn't believe that I hadn't know about it.

@Yasmeeen, I found it on the Cassandra Clare website. I usually just go on there every month or so to see what is happening with new books and stuff. And I found it and seriously loved it. Amazing the stuff you find...And I am jealous, i haven't read the letter from Jace to Clary, but heck i really want to. Maybe I should look it up on the internet. Do you know where I can find it?...Ooh, and yeh. I've read the postcards too. Haha. :)

Yasmeen Herondale Here's the letter, its the one Jace wrote to Clary in CoG when he left to kill Valentine..:

Clary,

despite everything, I can't bear the thought of this ring being lost forever, any more then I can bear the thought of leaving you forever. And though I have no choice about the one, at least I can choose about the other. I’m leaving you our family ring because you have as much right to it as I do
I'm writing this watching the sun come up. You're asleep, dreams moving behind your restless eyelids. I wish I knew what you were thinking. I wish I could slip into your head and see the world the way you do. I wish I could see myself the way you do. But maybe I don’t want to see that. Maybe it would make me feel even more than I already do that I'm perpetuating some kind of Great Lie on you, and I couldn’t stand that.
I belong to you. You could do anything you wanted with me and I would let you. You could ask anything of me and I'd break myself trying to make you happy. My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.
All night I've watched you sleeping, watched the moonlight come and go, casting its shadows across your face in black and white. I've never seen anything more beautiful. I think of the life we could have had if things were different, a life where this night is not a singular event, separate from everything else that's real, but every night. But things aren't different, and I can’t look at you without feeling like I’ve tricked you into loving me.
The truth no one is willing to say out loud is that no one has a shot against Valentine but me. I can get close to him like no one else can. I can pretend I want to join him and he’ll believe me, up until that last moment where I end it all, one way or another. I have something of Sebastian’s; I can track him to where my father’s hiding, and that’s what I’m going to do. So I lied to you last night. I said I just wanted one night with you. But I want every night with you. And that’s why I have to slip out of your window now, like a coward. Because if I had to tell you this to your face, I couldn’t make myself go.

I don’t blame you if you hate me, I wish you would. As long as I can still dream, I will dream of you

-Jace

its soo cute :'[ <3

Savannah You are awesome....thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Yasmeen Herondale hehe ur welcomee ;]

Savannah Gosh, it really is sweet. I always wondered what the rest of the letter said...so glad i got to read it. Absouletely love it!!

Yasmeen Herondale Jace RULES <3 i wish he was real :'[

Savannah I know right. So do i. Shame it will never happen...*cries*

Yasmeen Herondale unless we invent a machine that makes people in books real...not sure how but with technology and our creativityness maybe we can..i hope..

Savannah Exactly, we should soo invent something like that. Lol. Then all the awesome, gorgeous characters in books can become real. Imagine how crazy that would be...crazy but seriously awesome. :) In the mean time, i'll just have to survive by reading about them in books... :P

Elizabeth Cornish OMG Savannah what postcards?? i never knew there were postcards!! *tear* I am totally missing out on something vital I can tell.... :P

Elizabeth Cornish Yasmeen wrote: "Jace RULES <3 i wish he was real :'["

Sorry. I already called dibs on Jace. *shrug* :P

Savannah @Elizabeth
Haha, here they are...

http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...

They are postcards from Magnus and Alec on their holiday to all the people back in New York. Haha. They are pretty awesome. Read them. :)

Ooh, and can you imagine if Jace was real...the arguments that would break out. Everyone would want him. Haha.

Yasmeen Herondale or we can make clones out of him...omgg i feel like im going insane..

Elizabeth Cornish Thanks Savannah :) and hellz yeah there would be arguments! But no we couldn't make him into clothes... could you really rip up all of that gorgeousness??? It would be a crime against nature

Yasmeen Herondale i said CLONES::a copy of the same person..

Sierra Yasmeen wrote: "Here's the letter, its the one Jace wrote to Clary in CoG when he left to kill Valentine..:

Clary,

despite everything, I can't bear the thought of this ring being lost forever, any more then I c..."

Jeez this almost makes me cry my eyes out.

Elizabeth Cornish Yasmeen wrote: "i said CLONES::a copy of the same person.."

whoops... sorry.... awkward

Savannah Haha, yeh...clones is a good idea. Genius. Then we can all have him. :P

message 40: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi I think what I love most of all was the kiss with Mangus and Alec... It was amazing!

http://cassie-claire.com/cms/kissed

Elizabeth Cornish that was a great scene! slightly weird but still great

Savannah Yes, agreed. Wierd, but awesome at the same time. Thanks for posting the link... :)

Yasmeen Herondale did you guys read the full story of Jocelyn?and Jace's point of view in the Seelie Court? [when he kissed Clary]i got them::

http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/cit...

Savannah Haha, yes...i've read both of them. :) Love them both.

Sierra Yasmeen wrote: "did you guys read the full story of Jocelyn?and Jace's point of view in the Seelie Court? [when he kissed Clary]i got them::

http://www.cassandraclare.com..."

On the second one-The one where Jocelyn is telling Clary that story,at the end it says Valentine gave Jace that nickname but in the books it says Maryse did. So that has to be wrong somewhere..

Elizabeth Cornish Details, details. I think they are both awesome :)

message 47: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Elizabeth wrote: "that was a great scene! slightly weird but still great"

But neither of them are typical which is what I love. They are both unique and awesome.

message 48: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Savannah wrote: "Yes, agreed. Wierd, but awesome at the same time. Thanks for posting the link... :)"

No prob! I think it's because I love both of those Characters and the seem like a couple and cute together and not overly i dunno girly. I don't think about 2 men when I read it, just two people. One who's confused and honest a little and the other who's confident and cool. I think it's so sweet!

message 49: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Yasmeen wrote: "did you guys read the full story of Jocelyn?and Jace's point of view in the Seelie Court? [when he kissed Clary]i got them::

http://www.cassandraclare.com..."

Haven't read Jocelyn's story yet. I'm looking forward to it.

message 50: by Kimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimi Sierra wrote: "Yasmeen wrote: "did you guys read the full story of Jocelyn?and Jace's point of view in the Seelie Court? [when he kissed Clary]i got them::

http://www.ca..."

Interesting! =/

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Ashes (other topics)