Torment (Fallen, #2) Torment discussion

Is Luce Lucifer?

Comments (showing 242-291)    post a comment »

message 291: by Xoi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Xoi Spoiler alert Luce is not Lucifer. Lucifer was in love with Luce.

message 290: by Xoi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Xoi I thought that Lucifer was in love with Luce.

message 289: by Briannaxo (new) - added it

Briannaxo Wow, never considered that....most likely :o

message 288: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Zun deleted user wrote: "I was just wondering if anyone else thought that Luce was Lucifer I mean think about the similarities between them and all of the angels kind of look up to Luce, Daniel fell for her she likes two g..."

me toooo! I have read only the first and second book. And I stopped because of that hhahha. So you're not the only one.

message 287: by Andrea (last edited Jun 19, 2014 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea Just.... Keep reading... and no... Lucifer never had a child it does not make sense at all.. He was an angel , he couldn't had done it at all.. and after yes .. after he fall... but that would make luce a nephilim. :D She cannot be him because for some weird reason, she wouldn't be able to step on churches and do stuff... and why would an angel want to hang around with Lucifer ??? do you think cam would be making moves on Lucifer LOL and why is Lucifer even there? is it Lucifer the one who is suppose to be in charge of hell? if she was Lucifer ... it wouldn't make sense because that would mean that Lucifer has always been dying and living once again an no one is taking care of hell... plus does dudes without eyes .. they have been attacking Luce and Daniel so .. nop Luce is no Lucifer's daughter or Lucifer.. So try another theory.

Shuhan [On Leave] Did you just ruin the book to people who haven't read it yet?

message 285: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Wallace No, if one was to read Rapture all would be revealed of Luce's and Lucifer's "relationship"- it can be categorically stated that Luce is NOT Lucifer.

message 284: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea Omg! Iʻm sorry, I just realized I gave out a few spoilers to those who have yet to read it. My bad, I did it without thinking.

message 283: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea Luce and lucifer were once lovers

message 282: by Camille (new) - added it

Camille Bénard I didnt know exactly what to think about the similarities between Lucifer and Lucinda. But when she founds out that the little guy who followed her every zhere was actually Lucifer, I was confused because they were actually friends... So the one who could answer that question the best is the author...

message 281: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I get it now... I just read the last book and it all made sense!! I just wished they were still immortal so that their love can last forever. they lost every memory of being together over the past 6,000 years!! I always thought that Luce was an angel but I didn't know she was one of the top three. It was so sad, Cam and Daniel were brothers but cam will live forever and Daniel will die!

message 280: by Shay (new) - rated it 1 star

Shay Johnston Yes

message 279: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I know Tht!!
It's just I was thinking "how can they be the same person if the gargoyle Bill (Lucifer) helped Luce out... they're totally different People!! I was just wondering if they were somehow connected...

shruthi They are not the same people they are different people!

message 277: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea That's what I was thinking...

Brittany Bardman If Luce is the girl version.... well, as far as I know, she can't turn into a gargoyle. I think they do have a significant way of connection, but they can't really be the same person.

message 275: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I agree
Plus, how can they be the same person if Bill (Lucifer) was helping Luce out in Passion?
Unless he's the guy version and shes the girl version...

message 274: by clair (new) - rated it 1 star

clair No. I don't want to spoil anything, but Luce and Lucifer are not the same person. They are connected in a significant way, though.

message 273: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea Sorry if I repeated it...

message 272: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea 4. Cam tried to shoot her mirror with a star shot
5. The itching feeling behind her shoulders
6. Daniel telling her watch out even though starshots can't kill mortals

message 271: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I think Luce is an angel because why would Cam try to kill her mirror image with a starshot... And Daniel told her to be safe even though starshots can't kill mortals? Doesn't it only kill demons and angels...? And in Torment it said her shoulders began to itch (or something like that)...
So that only leaves a couple theories for me about her being an angel...

1. She cant remember anything which is probably from the curse...
2. She's a FALLEN ANGEL
3. I heard a rumor saying in the end she remembers everything

message 270: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea Ok thanks!!

Brittany Bardman By the way... I personally think Rapture was really good. Enjoy reading it!

message 268: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea Sorry I accidentally posted it again!!

message 267: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I heard that she's an angel and couldn't remember anything besides being drawn to Daniel in every life she's lived. I also heard that Lucifer loved Luce but Luce loved Daniel... Oh and one more thing... Is it a coincidence that in every life she's lived, her name kinda sounded like Lucifer's... And someone said that blah blah blah that the name Luce was supposed to be like Lucifer but in a girl version. Or something like that...

Sheesh GOSSIP!! I didn't read Rapture yet... Sorry! ☺

Brittany Bardman I don't think Luce is Lucifer. They both have different bodies and personalities. Luce even has to fight against him in Rapture (Or is it Torment? I don't remember...). I don't think she would fight against herself in that kind of way. I understand that their personalities are very alike, but I don't think they are physically or even mentally the same person.

message 265: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I heard that she's an angel and couldn't remember anything besides being drawn to Daniel in every life she's lived. I also heard that Lucifer loved Luce but Luce loved Daniel... Oh and one more thing... Is it a coincidence that in every life she's lived, her name kinda sounded like Lucifer's... And someone said that blah blah blah that the name Luce was supposed to be like Lucifer but in a girl version. Or something like that...

Sheesh GOSSIP!! I didn't read Rapture yet... Sorry!

message 264: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea I hea

message 263: by AJ (new) - rated it 1 star

AJ yeah, i agree.

Brittany Bardman Yes, Bill was disguising himself as the Scale but was actually Lucifer. I don't understand how they could mold together as one. They also have very different personalities.

message 261: by AJ (new) - rated it 1 star

AJ Okay so i went and looked this up on google and it says that Lucifer also known as Satan and Bill, that creepy thing that guided luce through the announcers and into her past, is NOT the same person as Luce.

Brittany Bardman I extremely am sure Luce is not Lucifer. Sure, they have similarities, but I seriously doubt it.

shruthi When you read Halo series you pretty much find out that lucifer is not. Luce

message 258: by Indie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Indie I did think that Luce was actually Lucifer but now that I have read the last book I know what she is and it is pretty dramatic lol

shruthi No they r different people

Shuhan [On Leave] I hate Luce...

Jacquelyn deleted user wrote: "I was just wondering if anyone else thought that Luce was Lucifer I mean think about the similarities between them and all of the angels kind of look up to Luce, Daniel fell for her she likes two g..."

I'm just going to say no. You will find a very deep significance between her name and Lucifer later on in Rapture, though. Very deep thematic and symbolic significance. I did think that at first, though but think about it: Luce is very innocent, sweet, a victim. She wants to do the right thing and is one of the only people at Sword and Cross who is not a delinquent. In Cali, though she is surrounded by people completely in the know about how "things" work in the new world she has been thrust into whereas Lucifer, as described in the bible, is the exact oposite. Long story short, she is not Lucifer, but there is a significance behind her name being so similar.

Brittany Bardman I highly doubt that Luce is Lucifer. Highly. I think Lauren Kate made it clear that Luce was his earlier lover but not her being him.... I think it just confuses the plot too much. Good observation, though!

message 253: by Anuhea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anuhea "I heard that Lucinda's first love was LUCIFER!!! And that she's an archangel... or something like that! I'd be so surprised if it was true!!

BUT U CAN'T ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT U HEAR!!!

Shuhan [On Leave] when molly passed the teasing note in misssophia's class, she asked if there was any relation between them. then bill appeared. maybe with all those past lifes, her first one was in heaven. i think she is also a fallen angle and maybe she fell with daniel but then forgot things leaving daniel alone or maybe they were cursed to be a human and daniel left alone so they get punishment and when the curse is broken, she can be a fallen angel again! make sense? well that's my first theory.

theory #2: they both fall for maybe doing something bad like sneaking of or falling by choice. god gets angry and curses them so luce doesn't remember she's an angel but daniel is cursed so he is immortal and watches her die every life. then when the curse is broken luce remembers everything and knows that her guardians in heaven were lucifer's/satan's supporters or demons so she was always in every life named after him.

Valencia Cain Luce is my cook.
Only messing, i dont really know actually, i'm curious.

message 250: by Tamara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tamara Awww come on people stop ruining it!!

message 249: by Lauren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren Ooops Spoiler Alert

message 248: by Lauren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren Luce is an Angel and Lucifer loved her, but Luce loved Daniel.
Now Luce and Daniel are Humans

message 247: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Wells I've read the entire series thus far and can tell you Luce is NOT Lucifer. There is a relation there, though but I don't want to give it away. Stay with the series and see it through. It's really good and you'll be pleased with the ending. I promise!

Lisa Hannah Wells

Mariana Luce is LUCINDA.

message 245: by Nuran (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nuran That would have been an interesting twist.

message 244: by Tamara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tamara Never mind ignore my comment!!!! Srry !!

message 243: by Tamara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tamara I thought luce was an angel??

Michelle Medrano I don't think so... Luce is a human for heaven's sake.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Torment (other topics)