CBC Books discussion

Just for Fun > Favourite Oprah Book Club Book?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ErinCBC (new)

ErinCBC (booksin140) | 236 comments Oprah's final episode airs today. What was everyone's favourite Oprah book club pick and why?

I love that she chose Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald as it's a very Canadian pick, but think Freedom by Jonathan Franzen was my favourite read.

What about you?

message 2: by Marianne (last edited May 26, 2011 05:06AM) (new)

Marianne I love Fall on Your Kneesbut I read it before it was part of her book club selection. For me she made me discover the author Elizabeth Berg with this book Open House. I fell in love with characters. And I love a book that makes me laugh and she did !

message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra (DebraPurdyKong) | 55 comments ErinCBC wrote: "Oprah's final episode airs today. What was everyone's favourite Oprah book club pick and why?

I love that she chose Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald as it's a very Canadian pick, but think [b..."

I read Fall on Your Knees a few years back and didn't know it was an Oprah pick, but I haven't seen a lot of Oprah until these last 3 months. I really enjoyed the book.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael T | 1 comments Million Little Pieces what else

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (sianin) | 114 comments There are many on her list that I have not read, some that I read and thought were OK and some I did not like. Of the ones that I read and really liked I would have to say: A Fine Balance and She's Come Undone. I loved parts of Fall on your Knees and other parts didn't grab me but overall a well written book. In our book club many folks held The Poisonwood Bible in high esteem but I personally struggled through it and did not like it. (sorry to all of those who love it and I know there are multitudes)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fall on Your Knees (other topics)
Freedom (other topics)
Open House (other topics)
The Poisonwood Bible (other topics)
A Fine Balance (other topics)
More...