Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Books Just Finished/Now Reading > My reads for the last week.

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenrt) | 18 comments I think I must have been too busy reading to write. I am new to this group, but I really enjoy reading your posts. I do not have a Nook or a Kindle, but I have and iPod Touch with Nook, Kindle, Apple books and a couple of other APPs. Whew.
I read something about Beverly Connor, and remembered that I had read her books years ago, but my library does not carry them. So I ordered "One Grave Too Many" from Amazon, ebook. I could not put it down. So, when I finished it, I ordered "Dead Guilty", and am only putting it down to recharge the iPod, to eat and sleep and take showers or to listen to audio books. At the same time, I just finished listening to Dark Light By Randy Wayne Wright. Also a good listen. If it weren't for audio books I might never do anything I need to do that does not involve reading.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 8708 comments I am with you on the love of good audio books and Randy Wayne White's books!
Ellen wrote: "I think I must have been too busy reading to write. I am new to this group, but I really enjoy reading your posts. .... If it weren't for audio books I might never do anything I need to do that does not involve reading."

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Ellen wrote: "I think I must have been too busy reading to write. I am new to this group, but I really enjoy reading your posts."

Welcome, Ellen. We always appreciate new posts about books you have read. My TBR pile grows taller all the time.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (SusieinKS) | 1191 comments Ellen wrote: "I think I must have been too busy reading to write. I am new to this group, but I really enjoy reading your posts. I do not have a Nook or a Kindle, but I have and iPod Touch with Nook, Kindle, A..."

Ellen, I love the Beverly Connor books too! I have the third book - Dead Secret - waiting on my Kindle ;)

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited May 28, 2011 05:54AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 5325 comments Hi Ellen, and welcome to the group. You've given me something to think about. I have a Kindle and an iTouch but I don't take the Kindle out much. I carry my iTouch with me everywhere however. I do have the Kindle app and the iBooks app I think. You don't find the screen too small to enjoy reading a book?

Ellen wrote: "I think I must have been too busy reading to write. I am new to this group, but I really enjoy reading your posts. I do not have a Nook or a Kindle, but I have and iPod Touch with Nook, Kindle, A..."

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2517 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hi Ellen, and welcome to the group. You've given me something to think about. I have a Kindle and an iTouch but I don't take the Kindle out much. I carry my iTouch with me everywhere however. I ..."

yeah, you probably shouldn't take your kindle out too much

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 8708 comments LOL
Sherry wrote: "yeah, you probably shouldn't take your kindle out too much "

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 5325 comments LOL. How about AT ALL!!!

Sherry wrote: "

yeah, you probably shouldn't take your kindle out too much ..."

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenrt) | 18 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hi Ellen, and welcome to the group. You've given me something to think about. I have a Kindle and an iTouch but I don't take the Kindle out much. I carry my iTouch with me everywhere however. I ..."

I thought I would find the screen too small, but I actually don't. Sometimes, I find books that I can't put down, and read for hours. My eyes don't bother me any more with the iPod than they do with a book. I know that my friends with a Nook can transfer books at the bookmark from the Nook to the iPod.

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 8708 comments Ellen: You can do the same with a Kindle across devices, very handy.
Ellen wrote: "I know that my friends with a Nook can transfer books at the bookmark from the Nook to the iPod. "

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenrt) | 18 comments Can you transfer books from iPod to Kindle? Has anyone done that?

message 12: by Ann (last edited May 29, 2011 08:48PM) (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 8708 comments Ellen: I only have audio books on my Nano, they are audible titles that will transfer to a Kindle, but I have no experience doing it with any other format personally. You should be able to use Calibre to do that though. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.h...

message 13: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellenrt) | 18 comments Ann wrote: "Ellen: I only have audio books on my Nano, they are audible titles that will transfer to a Kindle, but I have no experience doing it with any other format personally. You should be able to use Cali..."

Thanks, Ann. I definitely will try that.

message 14: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 2761 comments I have a ipod touch that I started with a kindle app on then I got a nook. I now wish I could put my books from the ipod to the nook but I don't know of the way it's done and I know people do it. because they get books from friends that have kindles. I think you might be able to do it with the calibre but to tell you the truth ebooks go there sometimes but I've never had to switch formats for any of those. I'll have to ask someone if I really get to that point. I carry the ipod in my pocket book (what is one more heavy thing weighing it down anyway) so if without a book I do have the ipod but it really doesn't get that much use except for music.
I was looking and touching the newer nooks yesterday the new small touch one or what ever you call it for $135 I think is really cute. but I'm very happy with what I have. Just kind of wasn't happy when I saw all the nice covers for the new nook and the nook color. I guess because they are a different size.
I asked one question the manager there since he's helped me in the past. and I meant to go back and ask what the new download I got while in the store trying to use my nook yesterday that I couldn't do anything on for awhile was. no notice came up about it but something was downloaded. it would be nice if they told you. I'll have to go over and check the boards on BN and see if anything is said about it.

message 15: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette (Bern51) I finished The Priest by Gerard O'Donovan. One of the best mysteries I've read in a long time. The Priest is a murder mystery set in Dublin and I really didn't want to put it down (and barely did). Would highly recommend. Looking forward to more by O'Donovan.

message 16: by Ann (last edited Sep 06, 2011 09:43PM) (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 8708 comments Sounds good Bernadette - books you can't put down are great (except for sleep) ;)
Have you read John Connolly's or Val McDermid's books?
Bernadette wrote: "I finished The Priest by Gerard O'Donovan. One of the best mysteries I've read in a long time. The Priest is a murder mystery set in Dublin and I really didn't want to put it down "

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Priest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Val McDermid (other topics)
John Connolly (other topics)