Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > HOW TO DOWNLOAD LIBRARY EBOOK

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth | 4 comments Here are the steps to take to ensure getting the library books onto your Nook (standard or Color):

1. turn on Nook and plug into USB port using provided USB cord.

2. Make sure Nook appears on "My Computer" as its own drive

3. If Nook does not appear, you may need a new USB cord. Call 1-800-the-book & tell them your computer is not recognizing your Nook and they should send a new USB cord

4. Go to your public library digital downloads section. Download Adobe Digital Editions program. Note: NOOK NEEDS TO BE ON AND PLUGGED INTO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD ADE. If you did in reverse, remove ADE and download again with Nook on and plugged into computer first. Nook should appear on the left-side bar on ADE as its own 'shelf'

5. Select ebook. Make sure you have NOT chosen an audio book. Common mistake. Those get sideloaded to the Nook under "music"

6. Check out with your 'cart' and click on 'download'. It will show up as a download on your computer and when you click on it it will auto upload to ADE (on Windows Vista click on the download showing at the bottom of page)

7. The upload to ADE may take a few minutes. Be patient. Once you see the first page it is ready and go back to the 'shelves' view.

8. Right click and drag to the Nook 'shelf'.

9. You should see a quick pop-up that says it is 'copying 1 of 1 file'

10. Questions??? Post them here and I will be glad to help. I sell Nook at B and N so I have handled a lot of problems.

Beth (bethnlarrypfeiffersr@gmail.com for LendMe books!)

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 29 comments Thank you so much! I will try this sequence.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina (cmxtina) Finally got it to work! :) Thank you for posting this!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Beth wrote: "Here are the steps to take to ensure getting the library books onto your Nook (standard or Color):"

Very helpful! Thank you, Beth.

message 5: by Bibli-ophelia (new)

Bibli-ophelia Clerico | 26 comments I got the shelf, I saw it copy but when I look for it on my nook, it's nowhere... am I missing something?

message 6: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 412 comments Mod
I sometimes can't "find" library books on my Nook. Try the "check for new content" button. If that doesn't work, try reloading it from ADE. It will very likely say, "this file already exists..." -- tell it to replace the file, and that should work. If it doesn't say that, then presumably it didn't copy in the first place.

message 7: by Bibli-ophelia (new)

Bibli-ophelia Clerico | 26 comments I found it- it was hiding in "my doccuments" instead of my library!

message 8: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Jul 01, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

willaful | 412 comments Mod
Bibli-ophelia wrote: "I found it- it was hiding in "my doccuments" instead of my library!"

Oh right -- B&N nook books go into your B&N library, anything else from any other place goes into "my documents." I'm so used to that it didn't occur to me to mention it. :-)

message 9: by Pam (new)

Pam | 2 comments I followed all these steps - I see the books on my Nook color but when I open any of them I just get a black screen and no book - opens fine on my PC. ???? I don't get it? HELP?

message 10: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 81 comments Pam wrote: "I followed all these steps - I see the books on my Nook color but when I open any of them I just get a black screen and no book - opens fine on my PC. ???? I don't get it? HELP?"

I have the original nook, so I'm not sure if it is the same, but check under the "My Library" tab and then under 'my documents.' All sideloaded ebooks will go there, while B&N ebooks are under 'my library.' Hope this helps!

message 11: by Pam (new)

Pam | 2 comments Nicole R. wrote: "Pam wrote: "I followed all these steps - I see the books on my Nook color but when I open any of them I just get a black screen and no book - opens fine on my PC. ???? I don't get it? HELP?"

I h..."

Thank you Nicole - after I powered off and on it worked. Thanks so much for commenting - always appreciate help! :-)

unread topics | mark unread