HUngry for the Games discussion

mocking jay > Why did Katniss kill President Coin?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carson (new)

Carson Fuchs | 42 comments I'm not sure

message 2: by Carson (new)

Carson Fuchs | 42 comments I'm not sure why she did

message 3: by Dora (new)

Dora | 18 comments Not sure.

message 4: by Denali (new)

Denali | 3 comments She killed President Coin because after the rebellion Coin would have no need for Katniss and might even kill Katniss because Katniss was just needed for the rebellion. This is just what I think.

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I think I remember it saying how President Snow was right, that he wasn't lying, or something like that. Katniss hadn't completely forgive him, but she was also thinking something along the lines of what Denali said.

message 6: by Tanvi (new)

Tanvi | 16 comments what Denali said

message 7: by Zion (new)

Zion Mpeye | 35 comments what Denali said

Ashley-n-Garrett | 16 comments ya, wat Denali said

message 9: by Zehra J. (new)

Zehra J. (j0911492) | 16 comments She killed President Coin because after the rebellion Coin would have no need for Katniss and might even kill Katniss because Katniss was just needed for the rebellion. This is just what I think.

p.s that's what denali said

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob | 1 comments She killed president coin because she realized that snow was telling the truth and that the bomb that killed prim e was ordered by coin.

message 11: by Tatyana (last edited Nov 17, 2013 08:47PM) (new)

Tatyana Camelia | 1 comments Katniss had a choice to make. She reasoned that since Snow was finished he was not a threat anymore. However, the president Coin and Snow were alike. Her name is kind of symbolic with its monetary value, she seems to be materialistic and calculative. Coin wanted to continue the legacy of despotism and planned resuming the games with the kids from the Capitol paying the price for the decades of the abuse. Except, that coin would probably be more tyrannic, since she emerged from the military undergrounds.

unread topics | mark unread