My Big Fat Booky Challenge-athon discussion

Your books > Currently reading

Comments (showing 451-500 of 1,374) (1374 new)    post a comment »
1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 27 28

message 451: by Cristen (last edited Oct 14, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

Cristen | 237 comments Vikki wrote: "The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern"

That's on my TBR Vikki, let me know how you like it!

I loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and Mortuary Confidential by Todd Harra was interesting

Now I'm on to Uninvited by Amanda Marrone

message 452: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Reading Everything I Ever Wanted (Compass Club, #2) by Jo Goodman & listening to Guardian of the Horizon (Amelia Peabody Mystery, #16) by Elizabeth Peters

Also reading Kipling's Plain Tales from the Hills (Penguin Popular Classics) by Rudyard Kipling - just one or two tales at a time, so it'll take me a while to finish this one! I tried sticking with it, but the stories were all bleeding together and I don't think I was enjoying them as much.

message 453: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

chucklesthescot | 2204 comments Mod
Starting Anita Blake book 10, still reading Known and Unknown which could take me a while!

message 454: by Bea (new)

Bea I have decided to give up on Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. I have enjoyed what I have read, but the book is too big for easy reading (paperback with over 1400 pages), so I only read a short intervals which is not getting me through the book.

I was reading this book for several different book groups so now will have to re-think my book reading plans. Oh, well.

message 455: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 237 comments Reading Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris and liking it so far

message 456: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Started Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish and will be looking at Cravings (includes  Anita Blake #10.5   Moon #4   Undead #1.5   World of the Lupi #1.5) by Laurell K. Hamilton and Bite  by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 457: by Vikki (new)

Vikki (silverstarz) | 105 comments I enjoyed The Night Circus - very descriptive and made the circus feel very real.

I'm now reading An Autumn Crush by Milly Johnson

message 458: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 319 comments finished Always a Witch (Witch, #2) by Carolyn MacCullough The Darkness by Crystal Connor Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan

currently reading The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell Space by Emily Sue Harvey

up next Dael and the Painted People (Book 3 in the Zan-Gah Series) by Allan Richard Shickman Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

message 459: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I finally got to finish Who Do, Voodoo? by Rochelle Staab and now I'll start on Again The Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas which I got from the library on Monday.

message 460: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Listening to Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #10) by Alexander McCall Smith & starting Risky Business by Nora Roberts

message 462: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 237 comments Finished Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong, now I'm on The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and I am loving the unique narrative perspective

message 463: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Finishing Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher which I've been pretty disappointed in.

message 464: by Vikki (new)

Vikki (silverstarz) | 105 comments I'm now reading All the Pretty Girls (Taylor Jackson Series #1) by J.T. Ellison

message 465: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I just started on Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin which I've been (im)patiently waiting for from the library. :)

message 466: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisMD) | 284 comments Angie wrote: "I just started on Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin which I've been (im)patiently waiting for from the library. :)"

I've looked at this several times. Please let us know what you think.

message 467: by Krista (last edited Oct 23, 2011 10:28AM) (new)

Krista (kacey14) Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist

A bit slow going in the first 100 pages. It's over 500 pages, so I hope it gathers momentum soon.

Almost done listening to:

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

Next up on the audio book list is:

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

message 468: by Krista (last edited Oct 23, 2011 10:30AM) (new)

Krista (kacey14) Cristen wrote: "Finished Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong, now I'm on The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and I am loving the unique narrative perspective"

I was absolutely blown away by The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I read it a few years ago but can still recall the powerful images and storyline. Great book!! Hope you enjoy it.

message 469: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin was really good! I can't wait to get the second book.

Now I'm trying something different: Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson.

message 470: by Bea (new)

Bea Finished The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper by John D. MacDonald.

message 471: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 237 comments @ Krista's message 499:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak was quite good (I laughed and I cried)

Now I'm reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells as a prelude to The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

message 472: by Chris (last edited Oct 25, 2011 05:10AM) (new)

Chris (ChrisMD) | 284 comments I've been on a reading frenzy thanks to the SRC. I am trying to read books that fulfull multiple challenges. Right now I'm working on
A Wrinkle in Time (Time Series, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle for the SRC and the Mount Everest challenge (and the fact that my son's class is reading it!)
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates for an SRC tasks and the Y book for my A-Z authors challenge.
Sky Burial  An Epic Love Story of Tibet by Xinran - the X book for the A-Z challenge and an incredible story
and listening to
Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris for the SRC.

message 473: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Just finished Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan (loved it!) & A Companion in Joy (Candlelight Regency #602) by Dorothy Mack - both for the SRC & for 2 Autumn challenges

Now reading Wild Heart (Wild #1) by Lori Brighton for the SRC & another challenge that I can't remember right now - too many challenges?!

message 474: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I'm currently 30% into All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris.

message 475: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisMD) | 284 comments Highly, highly recommend Sky Burial  An Epic Love Story of Tibet by Xinran. One of the best books I've read this year, and I never would have known about it if I hadn't been looking for authors with names that start with X for the Authors A–Z Challenge!

message 476: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Just finished Jackie Ethel Joan   Women of Camelot by J. Randy Taraborrelli which was a fascinating read about life as a Kennedy wife. I'm starting This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost tonight and I'm really looking forward to it!

message 477: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 319 comments Finished The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell Space by Emily Sue Harvey

Currently reading Double Helix by Nancy Werlin Dael and the Painted People (Book 3 in the Zan-Gah Series) by Allan Richard Shickman

Up next Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 478: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 237 comments Finished The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma, and while I liked the interesting historical tidbits that included H.G. Wells, the Elephant Man and 50 Berkley Square the rest wasn't really what I was expecting so I felt a bit let down overall

message 479: by Bea (last edited Oct 29, 2011 11:37AM) (new)

Bea Finished The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.

Had to turn in Brasyl by Ian McDonald before I finished. Barely got started so might re-think the tasks for which I had planned it.

Reading Windy City Blues  by Sara Paretsky, Angel's Advocate (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #2) by Mary Stanton, The African Queen by C.S. Forester, and Seven Blessings  A Novel by Ruchama King Feuerman.

message 480: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Currently reading Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris, book 2 in the Harper Donnelly series

message 481: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I started Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling yesterday.

message 482: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

I finished This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost and I'm reading Incubus Dreams (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #12) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 483: by Kat (new)

Kat (KatZombie) I'm currently reading So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead.

A $1.99 Kindle read picked up on a complete whim, but I've actually found it really entertaining so far - some great diagrams, graphs and quite a few snickers at the sarcastic writing style.

message 484: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Reading What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5) by Julie Anne Long - love the Pennyroyal Green series!

message 485: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Tonight I'm starting Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the audio cd. I've just finished Micah and I'm starting One Grave at a Time.

message 486: by Cristen (new)

Cristen | 237 comments Reading Chains (Seeds of America, #1) by Laurie Halse Anderson right now and liking it quite a bit, it's beautifully written

message 487: by Chris (new)

Chris (ChrisMD) | 284 comments My currently reading stack includes
Years of Red Dust by Qiu Xiaolong
This has been a bit of a disappointment so far, but it's my Q book for the A-Z author challenge.
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
It's OK.
A Marked Man (An Abigail Adams Mystery, #2) by Barbara Hamilton
Up until now I have avoided all the series in which famous people or characters become sleuths (or zombie slayers). But this one, featuring Abigail Adams, captured my attention. It's cute.
The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton
I'm listening to this, read by the fabulous Simon Prebble, and enjoying it greatly!
I'm ashamed to admit that I spent about three days trying to figure out my reading plan for this month to finish up the fall reading challenge. I think I may have become a bit obsessed.

message 488: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinajt) | 238 comments Currently reading Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) by Tara Hudson

message 489: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

This is on my tbr-how are you finding it?

message 490: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinajt) | 238 comments chucklesthescot wrote: "This is on my tbr-how are you finding it?"

I'm a hundred pages in and I'm finding it likeable but the writing style isn't quite there for me. Based on the first hundred pages I'd probably be giving it 3 stars. However the plotline hasn't really taken off yet so I'll report back when I'm finished. Lets hope it's a good one!

message 491: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Thanks for the update! I'll get round to all these books eventually...(I hope!)

message 492: by Zakiya (last edited Nov 05, 2011 06:50PM) (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 319 comments started Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie today!!

message 493: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I've started on Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1) by Moira Young.

message 494: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Kennedy (laurenxo) I'm have started A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

message 495: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 172 comments Reading and enjoying Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer

message 496: by Bea (new)

Bea Finished: Windy City Blues  by Sara Paretsky, Angel's Advocate (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #2) by Mary Stanton, Seven Blessings  A Novel by Ruchama King Feuerman, Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum, #13) by Janet Evanovich, You've Got Murder (Turing Hopper, #1) by Donna Andrews, A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park

Currently reading: The Shadow Lines by Amitav Ghosh and The African Queen by C.S. Forester

Doing most of my reading by candle light. No electricity in 8 days. Using work laptop at library (WiFi) to access GR.

message 497: by chucklesthescot, Bookaholic (new)

Reading One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost and listening to the audio cd of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling.

message 498: by Katrina (last edited Nov 07, 2011 04:10PM) (new)

Katrina (katrinajt) | 238 comments Finished Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) by Tara Hudson and rather enjoyed it in the end, still gave it 3 stars but would instead call it a 3.5. I am, however, very easy to please so if you read it and don't like it, don't blame me! :P

Now onto The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley for the SRC group read task.

message 499: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) I got an ARC of Pure (Pure #1) by Julianna Baggott this morning, so I'm starting on that.

message 500: by Alfred (last edited Nov 09, 2011 03:32AM) (new)

Alfred Nobile | 8 comments Currently readingThe Garbage Man. A bit slow but I will stick with it.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 27 28

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tomorrow, When the War Began (other topics)
The Supernaturalist (other topics)
Brooklyn (other topics)
Hoot (other topics)
The Devlin Diary (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nevada Barr (other topics)
Jennifer Egan (other topics)
Audrey Niffenegger (other topics)
Philip K. Dick (other topics)
Rebecca Miller (other topics)
More...