Indie and Self-Pub Book Corner discussion

I'm an indie/self pub author and my book is...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 202) (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Raver (danielleraver) | 27 comments Mod
Here is a place to tell readers about your book! Please participate some in the discussion instead of just posting a link.

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison DeLuca (AlisonDeLuca) | 15 comments I'll start - my book is YA steampunk The Night Watchman Express and it was a LOT of fun to write. I'm working on the sequel now.

message 3: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 5 comments Hi! Thanks for the invite. :)

My book is Prince of Bryanae, a dark action-filled fantasy adventure featuring a kick-a** female protagonist.

NY Times Bestselling author R. A. Salvatore said of my book:

“It’s always refreshing to read the work — the lifelong love — of a promising beginning author. There’s something fresh and strong and full of energy in these books, the very energy that turned me on to the limitless promise of fantasy in the first place. As the publishing business has become one of narrow margins and risk-aversion, we’re losing these hidden treasures and this first-book energy, and while that might be something positive for the next quarter’s bottom line, it’s surely not a recipe for a healthy genre!

“So reading Jeff Getzin’s Prince of Bryanae brought me back to that special place I haven’t visited in a long time, that place where the author’s energy and love for his or her magical vision is pure and fresh. Indeed, the rough edges make the charm all the more inspiring.

“It’s the world-building that makes Prince of Bryanae truly sing; it’s so obvious that Jeff Getzin has spent years living in this world, learning this world, falling in love with this world and making this world a place where he can share with us so many wonderful adventures.”

I'm currently working on whipping an earlier novel and a novella into shape.

Um, that is all for now. :)

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison DeLuca (AlisonDeLuca) | 15 comments HI, Jeff! Wow - that book sounds fantastic.

message 5: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 5 comments Thanks, Allie. I fear I may be a one-hit wonder, but at least I feel I wrote one good book. That's something, right? :)

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie Jasperson (cjjasp) | 6 comments Hi, I wrote my first published novel in a sort odd genre, medieval fantasy. I had a great time researching armor, and actually used some of my hap-hazard education in the development of the world that my adventures take place in. My own love of a good party also came into play in the writing of that tale! In my second book, I have had to build an entirely different and unique world, with different magic and fighting styles. Where 'The Last Good Knight' is based somewhat on the sword techniques that the knights templar used, and was easy to research, 'The Rose Tower' is based more on the style of fighting that one would find in a role-play-game, combining magic and weapons.

message 7: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 5 comments Way cool. I love fighting! :)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Tsoumbakos (RachelTsoumbakos) | 5 comments Hi, I wrote Emeline and the Mutants ( ).

It's about an AIDS cure that goes wrong and transforms people into zombies, trolls, vampires and many other types of mutants.

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire Chilton (ClaireChilton) Hi,

My book is a young adult sci fantasy with elements of satire in it (try saying that fast 10 times lol)

Here's a little blurb :)
Super powers, near death experiences and breaking all the rules. Well what would you do if you were the only purple girl in the world?

More info here:
Or here:
Or a special edition here:

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison DeLuca (AlisonDeLuca) | 15 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Way cool. I love fighting! :)"

Jeff, then you must read Brother, Betrayed

There are amazing battle scenes in it. The author obviously did her homework!

message 11: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 5 comments Neat! :)

message 12: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Flora (JohnnyFlora) | 1 comments HI, my name is Johnny Flora and I'm the author of "The Spell of Zalanon". Imagine 500 million common household cats suddenly transformed by an ancient Egyptian spell into phycho demon predators bent on culling the overpopulated herds of humanity. The result is catyclysmic chaos like the world has never seen. Simply put, "The Spell of Zalanon" is a good old-fashioned monster story with overlapping plots, emotional twists and bends, reluctant heroes, an assortment of sinister villians and an ending that I can't talk about.... Check it out, Much Obliged, [Jersey] Johnny Flora

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison DeLuca (AlisonDeLuca) | 15 comments Hi Johnny! Are you getting close to publishing?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Eileen from Southern California. I have two self-pubbed books, "Some Rivers End on the Day of the Dead," a coming-of-age novel (but not really YA) and a poetry book, "And More White Sheets").

In the next week I will be unveiling my new volume, "Flash Fiction and Other Short Stories."

By the end of summer, I hope to have finished the rewrite of my 5 years' project, a novel of a mother and daughter, STAIRS OF SAND.

message 15: by Jeana (new)

Jeana (jeanaclaudine) I'm Jeana. I self-published my first novel in February, The Pulse of Hopeful Life, which falls in the women's fiction/family category. I'm working on something really different from my first novel now, which is a YA Shakespeare retelling.

message 16: by Jeriel (new)

Jeriel (JerielNg) This is quite a cool thread for up-and-coming authors. Thanks! I'm Jeriel Ng and I've recently self-published my first novel this year - The Syndicate. Really, it's a work of literary fiction set in the premise of a revolution. Hope you guys check it out and let me know what you think!

message 17: by Adam (new)

Adam Santo (LocoDuc) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Adam Santo and my debut novel is Temperature: Dead and Rising.
Here is a little bit about it.

Sally has died and come back to life without understanding why. Fighting for her un-life is made difficult by the church, and her own kind, looking to end it as she struggles with the idea of living forever and controlling the special power given only to her.

message 18: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Raver (danielleraver) | 27 comments Mod
Jeana, sounds interesting, what is the name of your first book?

message 19: by Arshad (new)

Arshad (pactarcanum) | 3 comments Greetings, all.

My name is Arshad Ahsanuddin, and I self-published two fantasy novels a few months ago, with a third on the way.

The two books are the first of a series, based on on a question I asked in my head a number of years ago: Suppose vampires and vampire slayers were real, and fighting each other in secret all over the world, then what would happen if they were suddenly exposed on national TV?

Here is the Kirkus Indie Review of the second book, Sunrise: Pact Arcanum: Book Two:

"Vampire mythology, music, magic and science fiction fuse in the second installment of Ahsanuddin’s (Sunset, 2011) Pact Arcanum series, a homoerotic tale of lust and power.

"Sentinel Antonio Martinez is quick to realize he’s found three members of the Four Winds in Rory, Ana and Takeshi, the young musicians of the band Nightfall. Having rescued the longtime friends from two bloodthirsty predators, Martinez assists the trio in understanding their destiny and the bandmates, out celebrating the debut of their breakthrough album, soon find life has more to offer than mere concert dates. Beginning in the not-so-distant future of 2015 and continuing to 2039, the newly reborn musicians are soon embroiled in a world of Nightwalkers, Sentinels and the dark Court of Shadows. The novel’s science fiction elements, particularly the author’s use of House Lucian, House Jiao-long, off-world travel and other cosmic references, evoke Frank Herbert’s operatic Dune novels. Hierarchal themes may also ring familiar to adult readers of Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series, though Ahsanuddin brings a crisp edge to the telling. And, like Vampire Academy, the allure of forbidden romance plays an integral role in the development of the novel’s central characters, particularly in Rory’s love for Takeshi. Toss in the usual doses of Anne Rice’s homoerotic Vampire Chronicles and Stephanie Meyers’ virtuous Twilight series and you will find Ahsanuddin’s surprisingly provocative sophomore novel. The story’s main characters, like Rice’s much hyped vampire Lestat, are beautiful, eager musicians consumed by the eternal struggle of good and evil. Ahsanuddin melds the elements at his command with powerful literary alchemy. Eloquently written, the words more than the tale shape the romantic flow of this adult story as the members of Nightfall struggle to understand their gifts and the drama of their new lives. This prequel to Ahsanuddin’s first novel Sunset takes readers on an engaging trip into the dark underworld of desire and power—a foray written with sharp clarity and passion.

"A sweeping fusion of fantasy elements, boiled to perfection."

I was kind of dancing on tables after reading it.

Arshad Ahsanuddin

Sunset  Pact Arcanum  Book One (Volume 1) by Arshad Ahsanuddin Sunrise  Pact Arcanum  Book Two (Volume 2) by Arshad Ahsanuddin

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber Argyle (amberargyle) Witch Song by Amber Argyle
Witch Song
I'm really excited about Witch Song coming out September 1st from Rhemalda Publishing.

Here's the description:

The world is changing.
For thousands of years, witch song has controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons. But not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by the dark Witch, Espen.

As the last echoes of witch song fade, Espen grows stronger as winter and summer come within the space of a day. Now she’s coming for the one she missed—a shy, untrained girl of fifteen named Brusenna.

Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find Espen. Fight her. Defeat her.

Or there won’t be anything left to save.

message 21: by Jeana (new)

Jeana (jeanaclaudine) Danielle,
Thank you--my first book is The Pulse of Hopeful Life ( Sorry I just got this message--I'm on holiday on the coast of England and this is the first time I've been online. I've missed goodreads!

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather Woods (heather-woods) | 3 comments Hi All

I self published Finding Anna a few months ago through Kindle.

When I first started writing it I was stuck in the Cook Islands in the South Pacific and I was going quietly nuts with nothing to read. So I started writing instead and I thought I may as well write what I like to read. And that's what I did!

A sweet uncomplicated little romance with likeable characters that ideal for reading on holiday. I really enjoyed my story (lol) and I hope other people would too.

I am busy learning to market it (am web designer by trade but marketing books is new to me) but if you want to pop by my website and say hello and mention your book it would be great to see you.

message 23: by Allison (last edited May 29, 2011 09:53PM) (new)

Allison Dickson (allisonmdickson) | 2 comments Hi everyone! While I've had a few of my previously-published short stories on Amazon/BN/Smashwords for awhile now, I finally decided to publish my first novel, Scarlet Letters: The Tale of the Vampire Mailman on Smashwords and Amazon. After getting a professional cover design and putting it through a rigorous edit, it went live yesterday.

I was originally inspired to write it after reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and wanting to inject a similar spirit into a vampire story. My intention was to turn the lore completely on its ear and be completely silly/satirical with a genre that frankly takes itself a bit too seriously. Anyway, it's $2.99 and can be purchased through Smashwords and Amazon now, and the other ebook retailers in the coming weeks.

If you like a good laugh, check it out. :)

message 24: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (BenjaminW) | 3 comments By the way I didn't mean indie. We are self publishing.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy (Dranea) | 37 comments These books all look amazing, but it's hard to sort through them all in the one long forum post....

Arshad, I can't wait until I get to your books, I am really looking forward to them. I am slowly making my way through my list!! :) Great to see you on here!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

New book out! "Flash Warden and other short stories"

Check it out!

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2011 10:04AM) (new)

My new book, "Flash Warden and other stories" is now out on Amazon!

Take a look! Short form fiction--flash, hint, 6-word memoirs and traditional short stories.

message 28: by Romi (last edited May 30, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Romi (romimoondi) | 1 comments Hi everyone,

I didn't know there was a place on Goodreads for self-pubbed authors to do a little dance ;-) That's cool!

Well here's mine:

I wrote a parody to "The Book of Awesome", it's called:
The Book of Awful
The Book of Awful by Romi Moondi

I wrote this book because I'm a rebel, and I don't like "goody-goody books" that shove happiness down my throat ;-). This parody borders on insane (one entry after the next describing how much worse life could really be), but from the reviews on Amazon and feedback in Kindle forums I've received so far: it makes people laugh, out loud...and sometimes snort chocolate milk out of their noses.

This all sounds terribly arrogant and self-congratulatory (seriously, I disgust myself in this moment), so I encourage you to try a free sample on Amazon, to figure out if I'm telling the truth, or if I'm really just full of crap.

Here are my taglines for "The Book of Awful":

The Book of Awful: "Not just for hookers anymore..."
The Book of Awful: "You'll get so high from laughing, you'll never have to buy cocaine by the kilo again!"
The Book of Awful: "Your mom".

Hope this gives you a better idea of what I"m all about ;-)

Thanks for letting me share!

message 29: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Rockwood (FairHeroSeries) | 6 comments Connie wrote: "Hi, I wrote my first published novel in a sort odd genre, medieval fantasy. I had a great time researching armor, and actually used some of my hap-hazard education in the development of the world ..."

wow - that sounds very interesting! I bet my husband would like to read that :)

message 30: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Rockwood (FairHeroSeries) | 6 comments Hi everyone!

First off - thanks for this group and this opportunity. I've found a lot of really interesting and intriguing books in this thread! :)

I am Kerry Rockwood White and I just published my first book, Much Ado About Russian, The Fair Hero Series: Book One.

It is the first in a series of vampire fiction. It's a humorous tale, but not tongue in cheek. It's a blend of mystery, romance and humor.

You can learn more about it at

"Oh God, I wanted to run. Please God, make my legs move. Then something happened that did make them move. Move faster than I could have imagined. The stranger outside my window snarled at me like a wild animal. And he had fangs."

Much Ado About Russian, book one in the Fair Hero Series, introduces us to Hero Fletcher, a single woman with her own graphic design business. On the eve of her thirtieth birthday, Hero meets a tall, dark and handsome stranger while celebrating at a Boston nightclub with her friends. Just what a single girl wants for her birthday!

Kinley McIntyre is not merely a hot guy who has a glamorous job dealing with antiques. Oh no. He just also happens to be a vampire. A vampire that gets his new flame tangled up in a mystery involving an antique Russian snuff box, and a cast of supernatural creatures Hero never knew existed.

Soon her world is turned upside down and inside out. Hero is being stalked by a creepy guy with fangs and an irritating, but ruthless, blonde Amazon. She can’t stay in her own home and needs protecting. But what to do when you find out the guy you’re dating is just as scary as the people you’re already running from?

Before she knows what's hit her, Hero is involved not just with vampires, but with shape shifters and faeries. And as if she doesn't have enough troubles, she unwittingly comes under the scrutiny of the austere vampire Magistrate and makes an enemy of a brutal Hunter. What’s a sassy, sharp-witted modern girl to do?

message 31: by Tichaona (new)

Tichaona Chinyelu (tichaona_chinyelu) | 3 comments Hi,

I'm Tichaona (ta-SHOW-nah) and I'm a poet. I've self-published three slender volumes of poetry. I've also published three other writers (soon-to-be four). I guess that has morphed me into small press land but I'm still learning as I go.

My writing is personal, cultural and political but what writing isn't? (Don't answer that!)

My most recent book (published last year) is Contraband Marriage, an ebook/chapbook, which focuses on the personal; namely, my marriage to now ex-husband while he was incarcerated and other love matters. As the back cover text states:

"It is a love story written in lyric and free form, set in reality with a different ever after."

Contraband Marriage, as well as my other two books are available, through Smashwords and Amazon.

message 32: by Larry (new)

Larry Moniz (LarryMoniz) | 93 comments Johnny wrote: "HI, my name is Johnny Flora and I'm the author of "The Spell of Zalanon". Imagine 500 million common household cats suddenly transformed by an ancient Egyptian spell into phycho demon predators be..."

OMG, 500 million cats -- my allergies are kicking in. Quick where's my nebulizer. ROTFL :-) Wow, what a concept!

You called yourself "Jersey" Johnny, I live in Warren County, where are you?

message 33: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gould | 4 comments Hi all,

I'm never quite sure what my genre is - I like to call it dag-lit (dag is Australian slang for someone who doesn't fit in). They're sort of comic fantasies and sort of strange and funny fairy tales. Judging by reviews, people seem to like them.

If you're interested in finding more, I currently have a giveaway at

For the next week or so I'm not only giving away my ebook comic fantasyDoodling (Douglas Adams meets Lewis Carroll with a dash of Gulliver's Travels) but also 3 bonus short stories.

You can download a copy of Doodling from using coupon code GW47E which is valid until July 3 2011.

Please message me with email details so I can forward the bonus stories.

Reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords etc appreciated.

message 34: by Robert (new)

Robert Clear (RobertClear) | 1 comments Hi everyone. My name's Robert and my novel is an urban fantasy entitled 'The Cambridge List.' Here's the blurb:

James Connor thinks that murdering his former professors in cold blood is rather a bad idea. Unfortunately his head has been commandeered by a bloodthirsty family of Greek gods, so he doesn’t have a say in the matter. With Hera and Aphrodite at each other’s throats and Dionysos failing to keep order, James’s brain has become a cosmic conflict zone, and he’s worried they’ll leave it in ruins. There’s only one way out: he has to go from socially inept young man to slick sociopath fast. If only he wasn’t so squeamish about mass slaughter.

Follow the world’s least menacing serial killer on his awkwardly murderous journey through the little town of Cambridge, where ancient rituals, scheming academics and divine politics collide. And where murder has consequences unforeseen even by the gods themselves…

I recently published it on

and on Smashwords:

Sorry for the long post! There are some great-looking indie titles listed on this thread, and I wish everyone here the best of luck with their work!

message 35: by Craig (new)

Craig Hallam Hi everyone,

There are some great-sounding books in here! And what A great idea for a group. There's nothing like a group of indie authors huddled together for warmth :)

I believe I saw plenty of fantasy and horro and even a Steampunk in there. Can't wait for the day I can just download this stuff into my brain rather than the much-too-slow process of reading them all. My 'to read' pile is epic already.

And so to my own offering, a short story collection ranging from horror to humour and around the back of the fantasy shed where the dark things are. There are werewolves and sea creatures, saints and demons and killers get the idea.

You can find it for Kindle here:

And everything else here:

Hope you get chance to read it! I'd love to hear what you think!

message 36: by Tommie (last edited Jun 27, 2011 11:55AM) (new)

Tommie Lyn | 3 comments Osiyo y'all,

I can't believe I didn't find this group until today. But I'm glad I did!

I have 6 books out now, in print and ebook (and although I'm listing the Amazon links, they are also available through Smashwords and other retail outlets):

Two are romantic suspense:
...And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn
...And Night Falls

On Berryhill Road by Tommie Lyn
On Berryhill Road

Two are supernatural thrillers:
Scribbles by Tommie Lyn

Tugger's Down by Tommie Lyn
Tugger's Down

Two are historical fiction:

High on a Mountain  A MacLachlainn Saga, Book One  Ailean by Tommie Lyn
High on a Mountain: A MacLachlainn Saga, Book One: Ailean

Deep in the Valley (A MacLachlainn Saga) by Tommie Lyn
Deep in the Valley

Looking forward to getting to know the other members and their books!

Tommie Lyn

message 37: by Richard (last edited Sep 17, 2011 11:29AM) (new)

Richard Due (RichardDue) [image error]

Gibbering Gnome Press Presents a Tale of Epic Fantasy

For Lily and Jasper Winter, the Moon Realm began with a single secret bedtime tale. As the children grew older, Uncle Ebb enthralled them with thrilling tales of the Dragondain riding horse-sized, catlike Rinn; mysterious tales of peerin-wielding lunamancers manipulating the magic that lies just beneath the surface of reality; exciting tales of flying dragons, swimming merfolk, stomping giants, and troublesome faeries. But as the magic of their childhood faded, so too did the tales. Eventually, they were just . . . good stories.

Or were they?

Now, nine years after it all began, Uncle Ebb is missing.

Lily and Jasper search for clues, but their uncle's mansion is full of distractions. A Tesla generator thrums in the basement. Prismatic electrimals flit around walls resembling underwater reefs. Then a most unexpected friend comes to their aid, leading them to a hidden room where they find a mysterious coin—the moon coin. Before the night is out, Lily is transported to the real Moon Realm. But the moons are in trouble. The Rinn of Barreth are under siege, and the lunamancers of Dain are beset by the very dragons they once loved. Most horrifying of all, the moon Darwyth has fallen to a villain named Wrengfoul, whose creeping evil now threatens to overshadow all the Realm.

Are Lily and Jasper too late to save the Moon Realm, or will they have enough time to write an ending of their own?

Featuring twenty-two stunning full-color illustrations by Carolyn Arcabascio. Volume One of the young adult fantasy adventure series The Moon Realm.

You can find two free chapters here:

$2.99 at Barnes & Noble. and Amazon.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a new book coming out on Friday, "Stairs of Sand." The main characters are a mom and her daughter, each with a heart like a closed fist against the other's life choices. Check out the video trailer under my blog and on youtube.

message 39: by Kc (new)

Kc Stone (Uniqwriter) | 3 comments Rachel wrote: "Hi, I wrote Emeline and the Mutants ( ).

It's about an AIDS cure that goes wrong and transforms people into zombies, trolls, vampi..."

Sounds like it could be a good movie!

message 40: by Kc (new)

Kc Stone (Uniqwriter) | 3 comments Heather wrote: "Hi All

I self published Finding Anna a few months ago through Kindle.

When I first started writing it I was stuck in the Cook Islands in the South Pacific and I was going quietly..."

Site looks great and good luck!

message 41: by Kc (new)

Kc Stone (Uniqwriter) | 3 comments I have my first novel "Replaced By a Stranger" on Amazon, Kindle, Smashwords & Createspace. And if I had my way about it, it would be on everyone's bookshelf. ;)

Basically I realized that I had some great stories (maybe a little bias) and my best friends thought I should write about them. So I did. This novel is based on a true story and Emily Weston has totally screwed up her life with a dirty but tasty little affair and living in the small town of Seneca, SC only adds to the mill hill gossip.

You can find this novel many different way such as

Also, if you get bored, check out my website! I did it all by myself and you can tell. :)

message 42: by Craig (new)

Craig Hallam Hi everyone,

Just a little update (whether you want it or not :)). My book, Not Before Bed, is just about to hit its 400 downloads birthday. But, me being me, I'm never satisfied, so I'm back plugging it again. I find reviews from fellow authors really useful and I'd love to hear from you.

Not Before Bed - and other stories

Thanks for reading, everyone.

message 43: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Buchanan Hi everyone,

My first novel, After All Is Said And Done, came out about three months ago.

Here is the summary:

Nobody wakes up one morning and decides that today is the day they are going to cheat on their spouse. When the opportunity presents itself however, it is ultimately a choice. And that choice, whether good or bad, can have irrevocable consequences.

Ethan and Jessica Harrington are doctors who work alongside fellow doctors Gavin and Sarah Williams. After Jessica has an affair with Gavin, their lives are thrown into turmoil as they deal with the aftermath and subsequent fallout.
For the better part of a year the four of them have been working to piece their marriages back together. Sarah and Gavin are still reeling from a devastating miscarriage, while Jessica and Ethan are hesitantly looking forward to the birth of their first child.
Sarah’s hopes are immediately shattered when she learns how far Gavin’s infidelity has gone. Suddenly thrown into an unwanted independence she fights to find her way.
Jessica struggles to repair her marriage to Ethan as they become parents. But when Ethan, a borderline alcoholic, learns a dark secret, his world steadily begins to crumble. His drinking, fueled by this discovery slowly engulfs him. Jessica’s love for him is only matched by her fear of his temper. With his marriage now in pieces and his sanity questionable, Ethan struggles to come to terms with his alcoholism and face his past.

Theirs is a story of the tremendous amount of love some people have for one another, regardless of the pain that is sometimes inflicted.

You can read the first 11 chapters free on amazon through kindle on the download, or here on goodreads on the e-reader.

I love to write and am currently working on a mystery/romance called 'The Monster of Silver Creek'.

I look forward to chatting with you!

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Clegg (MmeGuillotine) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

My first self published book is The Secret Diary of a Princess: a novel of Marie Antoinette, which is about the youth of Marie Antoinette and ends with her marriage to the Dauphin Louis. :)

My second book, Blood Sisters, a saga set during the French Revolution is out next week! It was supposed to be published by a small publisher here in the UK but they've just folded so I rather gleefully got my rights back so that I could do it myself. I really love the control and excitement of publishing my own work and was starting to get really grumpy about having things like the cover and a fat chunk of the profits out of my hands! ;)

Really looking forward to chatting with you all. :)

message 45: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Yocum (nathanyocum) | 6 comments Greetings!

I'm proud to say I'm an independent author. We are all at the forefront of an epublishing revolution. That said, all of you should sample (and hopefully purchase) my post apocalyptic sci-fi western, The Zona.

The Storms came, and with them disease and blight like mankind had never experienced. Most died. Those who survived were quick to scramble for weapons, wealth, and control. Petty lords gave way to new societies. From the ashes of old came the Reformed Arizona Theocracy, or simply put, the Zona. Their laws are simple, all sins are punished swiftly and violently. The enforcers, known as Preachers, roam the lands hunting disgraced men and women. But what happens when Preachers stop killing? What happens when men of honor take a stand against their rulers?

message 46: by Auguste (new)

Auguste (AugusteLH) | 1 comments Hi.. My name is Auguste Leon Hart and I am newbie fiction writer - writing is such a great escape! That being said, my stories are silly and ridiculous, and just a bit of fluff. My first story, One Last Fang (A Vampire Tail) by Auguste Leon Hart is a free download over at Smashwords - as a quick little read. It's about Lenore Wolfe, a naive girl from Silver Springs, Nevada who got married way too young, and made plenty of mistakes, like young people do. Now she's working nights in a shady casino and attending community college during the day.. Not so different then the rest of us. Too bad she encounters armies of the undead. This book has every thing; Reno/ casinos/ vampire cats (yes, cats!)/ divorce/ exotic dancers/ some very naughty nurses / undead flesh crunching monsters.. a bit skanky but I hope some of you enjoy it..

message 47: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (penpadpublishing) Hello. I'm excited to have found this group. It's great to give a voice to writers and indie publishers who create great works but can't shell out the $$$ to land on Barnes & Nobles bookshelves. I run Pen & Pad Publishing LLC, a small independent publishing company.

Our first novel is now available online and in some bookstores in Jamaica, and we're working on breaking into some indie bookstores in the U.S.

Barrel Child by Pamela K. Marshall is a fictional account of the struggles a family must overcome when circumstance forces proof of a mother’s love to be sent via airmail, and the ripple effects of material things taking the place of a mother’s presence.

While the term “barrel child” is not widely known, the phenomenon’s devastating effects on children and familial ties have long plagued Jamaica.

This story of love, expectations, parent-child conflict, cultural clash and family secrets is virtually impossible to put down once you start reading and become immersed in the protagonist’s struggle to find herself and her place in the world, overcoming the psychological and emotional toll of being a barrel child to become a good mother to her own children.

Available for Kindle and in paperback at
Barrel Child by Pamela K. MarshallBarrel ChildPamela K. Marshall Pamela K. Marshall

message 48: by Laura (new)

Laura Gill I am Laura Gill and my novel is Helen's Daughter, set in the Mycenaean Greek era just after the Trojan War.

When the Trojan prince Paris abducted Helen of Sparta, she left behind a nine-year-old daughter, Hermione. And when Helen's husband Menelaus set out to recover her, Hermione was sent to her relatives at Mycenae to wait out the war.

Now, years later, the Trojan War is over. Nineteen-year-old Hermione eagerly awaits her father's return, but remains ambivalent toward her mother, even as her world is once again turned upside-down. Can Hermione survive the trials that await, or will she become another victim of the curse that haunts her family?

I also have a blog at, where I discuss various aspects of Mycenaean culture.

message 49: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Fielding (PAFielding) Hi everyone!

Its nice to meet some fellow indie authors!

I wrote my first novel Maximum Discretion, ten years ago and its only just seen the light of day. I'm a big history and spy thriller fan, therefore, these two elements form its core. I thought at the time of writing what would happen if the two great allies of the world went head to head. A story was then born.

In 1997 a newly elected Prime Minister faced the toughest test of his first year in office, against the established American President. It all began when an elite group of British agents led by John Peterson, stumble across a relic of the Second World War. It was this discovery of a sunken "lost" U-Boat in the Atlantic Ocean, which opened the door to a hidden world of undiscovered relics, protected by a small group of men, who have watched over them since 1945.

It was the unearthing of Nazi relics that threatened to fracture the special relationship. The Americans had benefitted the most from the exiled Nazis after the war, and they were not going to pass on further undiscovered Nazi scientific knowledge. What followed was a brutal test of strength and willpower. A new Cold War beckons between the world's closest countries, United States of America and the United Kingdom.

Currently working on a few new ideas.

message 50: by D.P. (new)

D.P. Prior (DPPrior) | 1 comments Hello everyone. I'm an editor, writer and reviewer. Over the last few years I've come across a lot of decent indie reads. There's a list of indie titles I've edited on my editing blog:

The indie titles I've reviewed can be found at:

I'd also like to introduce one of my own books, an epic fantasy novel called Cadman's Gambit:

Dr Ernst Cadman has led a quiet life, but that’s how he’s wanted it all these hundreds of years. With a secret like his, anonymity and caution are the best friends a man can have. Nothing could tempt him from the safety of his parasitic existence at the heart of the city of Sarum—at least nothing this side of the Abyss.

Cadman stakes everything on obtaining the artefact that once destroyed an entire civilization, but in so doing he draws the gaze of a sinister presence from beyond the stars.

Meanwhile, Deacon Shader, veteran of the war against the undead armies of the Liche Lord, has one last fight in him. This time it’s just a tournament, with the prize a sword steeped in myth. Win or lose, Shader intends to defy his Templum master and retire to the Abbey of Pardes.

When a horror from the past wrecks Shader’s monastic dream and leads him to plague torn Sarum, he finds an ancient power unleashed that imperils more than he could possibly imagine—a power now in the hands of Dr Cadman.

Gods tremble, and worlds will fall unless Shader can conquer his personal demons and accept the fate he’s been prepared for since birth.

Cadman's Gambit has been out for three weeks and has a handful of nice reviews, including 5 stars from Readers Favorite:

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Night Watchman Express (other topics)
Prince of Bryanae (other topics)
Brother, Betrayed (other topics)
The Syndicate (other topics)
Temperature: Dead and Rising (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Adam Santo (other topics)
Arshad Ahsanuddin (other topics)
Kerry Rockwood White (other topics)
Pamela K. Marshall (other topics)
Jonathan Hopkins (other topics)