CBC Books discussion

Friday Reads > Friday Reads for May 13th, 2011

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ErinCBC (last edited May 13, 2011 08:43AM) (new)

ErinCBC (booksin140) | 236 comments Let's bring Twitter's Friday Reads to GoodReads, shall we? What is everyone reading right now?

I'm reading Paying for It by Chester Brown. It's fascinating, but also a bit creepy! Paying for It by Chester Brown

Marianne | 94 comments I'm reading Open House by Elizabeth Berg. Just started and so far I like it.

Nicole | 12 comments I am reading Red Riding Hood MTI by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright by Sara Blakley-Cartwright.

Petra | 432 comments I'm reading The Little Stranger, which is gothically eerie.
I'm listening to Forgery of Venus while in the car. It's an interesting parallel-universe type of story about a modern day artist who "becomes" a 16th century artist (actually becomes that person) by some sort of strange mind/soul meld thing that hasn't been explained yet. Odd and yet intriguing. The main character is a bit of a dud, though. Kind of whiney and "woe is me".

VWrulesChick | 1817 comments Erin wrote: "Let's bring Twitter's Friday Reads to GoodReads, shall we? What is everyone reading right now?
..."

Great idea, Erin!

Been a reading diet for the past couple of days (darn that nasty sinus flu thing), but hope back on the band wagon shortly. Before I got sick, I started Aztec by Gary Jennings Aztec by Gary Jennings

ErinCBC (booksin140) | 236 comments What I love about Friday Reads is that you discover so many new and interesting books! :-)

Alexia I'm currently reading Summer Sisters. I haven't been able to put it down!

Magdelanye | 103 comments The Secret History by Donna Tartt
Comments about this book comparing it to Special Topics in Calamity Physics intruiged me, so I finally tracked down a copy and began it Friday. So much for housework this weekend.

message 10: by Magdelanye (last edited May 14, 2011 07:40AM) (new)

Magdelanye | 103 comments The Secret History by Donna Tartt
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
comments on this site have led me to this book.
so much for housecleaning this weekend

Rosina I am reading The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld. Interesting read, liking the historical info about New York City in the early 1900's.

CJC (CCCalgary) | 63 comments I was reading Throne of Jade on Friday - great books when you are looking for a quick read. Dragons in the 1800s - who could ask for more?!

ErinCBC (booksin140) | 236 comments So many great reads, everyone! Thanks for sharing. I hope you all had a wonderful Friday the 13th!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Paying For It (other topics)
Red Riding Hood (other topics)
The Little Stranger (other topics)
The Forgery of Venus (other topics)
Aztec (other topics)
More...