The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) The Scorch Trials discussion

who's side is Teresa on!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 75) (75 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas i think she is on thier side one minute and the next she is working for WICKED; it isn't fair i just want to know who's side she is on. i also want to know if you can trust her statment that "WICKED is good".

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist I think that you have to wait until The Death Cure to find out.

message 3: by Cas (last edited May 12, 2011 05:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas Everley Carstairs, the forgotten Shadowhunter wrote: "I think that you have to wait until The Death Cure to find out."

you are probably right; that makes it more frustrating though. what is your opinion, who's side do you think she is on? thx for your comment!

message 4: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas if you think we find out in death cure then just give me your opinion plz. who's side do you think Teresa is on?

Matt I think...she's evil? There's really no way to know..

message 6: by Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (last edited May 12, 2011 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist Personally, I like her. I think she's a character with a great deal of depth and she and Thomas were (and are) very close. So that raises the question: why would Thomas trust her before if she was bad?

And also: just because "WICKED is good" was written on her arm doesn't mean it was written willingly, or that she even wrote it. She could have been threatened or blackmailed or coerced in some other way by WICKED.

Lani I don't think Teresa knows if she's good or not. I think she's just doing what she's told in order to *hopefully* come out alive.

message 8: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas thanks everyone for comenting so far, but thank you "Everley..." for your point. she does have depth and she might be good but WICKED is controling or blackmailing her at points. thx!

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist Just call me Ev. Everyone does.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Err......There's no way to truly tell, but I do think she is with Thomas. She was against-her-will forced to betray him, and feels guilty about it afterwards. Plus, when Thomas wakes up in that mysterious room at the end of Scorch Trials, Teresa seems to be on his side and worried about him.

message 12: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas Catherine wrote: "Err......There's no way to truly tell, but I do think she is with Thomas. She was against-her-will forced to betray him, and feels guilty about it afterwards. Plus, when Thomas wakes up in that m..."

at the end though it was brenda who was worried and talking in his head(... i wonder what that means). and yeah teresa did seam worried but she was a good actor for when she wanted to kill him.

message 13: by Bez (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bez She made me soooooooooo mad in this book! i agree that we will more than likely find out in the death cure

message 14: by Candice (last edited May 17, 2011 09:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Candice Abraham Personally, I found the back and forth with Teresa in this book a little much - she's good, she's bad, she's good, she's bad, she's good, she's bad.

And sometimes I felt like Dashner was just switching it up all the time for no other reason than to further confuse the reader. By the time I got to this installment I found it a little harder to just believe Teresa's motivation "WICKED told me to." It worked in Maze Runner but then in this book, she is more controlled by WICKED (we think) and still we don't really know much more about her. It's almost like she's a robot, and we're just questioning how she's programmed. I think that I could have used another carrot or two here.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book, but I started to feel like the author was just playing games with me for the sake of playing them....buying time to get me to The Death Cure.

MizziQ Do you think maybe he switched your view on her so many times so you would be hesitant to trust her in the 3rd book? I think that's what he was doing.

Candice Abraham TikiPaws12 wrote: "Do you think maybe he switched your view on her so many times so you would be hesitant to trust her in the 3rd book? I think that's what he was doing."

Hmmm...I hope that's what he was doing but to be honest I felt like there might have been a better way for him to do it. What happened for me is that instead of becoming hesitant about Teresa I started to become hesitant about the author because I felt like he was playing with me too much. I am looking forward to The Death Cure to find out.

I was just thinking, if the point was for the reader to be hesitant about trusting Teresa, he could have done this by giving us one or two of Thomas' memories where he felt hesitant about trusting Teresa. Instead, we get a lot of back and forth in present time and memories where he does trust her and where they are best friends, which makes me think that we can trust, that Thomas can trust her.

MizziQ true. It was a tad exausting. I can't wait to see what he does with the 3rd book. :)

Candice Abraham Me too!

Kenzie i think she's good. i believe from what Thomas saw in the changing, that him and Theresa both work for WICKED, and WICKED is good. but, you never know. i guess we have to wait for the death cure to find out!

Colby I think she isn't evil, but not necessarily good. Something about her just freaks me out...I have a feeling her character is going to be HUGE in The Death Cure.

message 21: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas I agree, the death cure has got to be more about her and what is behind WICKED. I almost expect she will be the narratior for the next book and it will be about her more than thomas.

maddie ...very good question. it seems like alot of them have said that same statement "WICKED is good." hope james comes up with theanswer in The Death Cure!!

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist Which is coming out soon...

maddie I CANNT WAIT!!! thefirst and secong ook was mondreeling how everything kept changing, people dying etc.

message 25: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas when is it coming out? does anyone know the date of the release? i NEED to know!

Patrick October 11, 2011

Graciela Marez maddie wrote: "I CANNT WAIT!!! thefirst and secong ook was mondreeling how everything kept changing, people dying etc."

I was so shocked when it made you visualize jack laying there without his leg... that was so horrible... and then CHUCK. thats ot but yeah

J_Byrd Ugh what they did to Chuck was horrible :( I was so sad when that happened! Loved that character!

I'm still not sure about Teresa. I don't if she is good or bad... something is just off with her. And with this "Wicked is good." thing I am thinking they like planted that phrase in their brains so it would make them think that Wicked really is good, but so far I'm not seeing anything to say that they are lol.

Abigail Tong she's certainly not on MY side... i never liked her as soon as she was introduced!!! :) glad i can finally get that out there!

message 30: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I hope she's not on Thomas's side. Personally I hate her i used to love her in the Maze runner but now i can't stand her.... i mean if she really likes Thomas how could she hurt him like that?!?!?!?!

message 31: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas I really agree. she was great in the maze runner but her character went down hill in the second book. one minute she was fine and next everyone hated her. they may take her back but i won't ever trust her character!

message 32: by Xsorani (new)

Xsorani Hey guys!
I've just read scorched trials and it was uh-may-zing! Anyway bout Teresa...
Personally i think she's an EVIL... ermm... KLUNK - and pretty good at acting too. She played with Thomas emotions and acted as if nothing had happened afterwards, blaming WICKED for everything. She must be thinking 'oh i saved his life he should appreciate what i did and still like me and WICKED forced me anyway so its not my fault...'(something like that) If I were Thomas, I would tell that dude to kick her out of the Berg and say 'shuck you I have Brenda.' I think that she's on her own side, wanting the cure for herself lol. Just my opinion...

Alicia I honestly think that Thomas is behind the whole WICKED thing - he's the mastermind behind all of this and Teresa is following what he has wanted her to do all along. So I guess I think Teresa is not evil.

Patrick Xsorani wrote: "Hey guys!
I've just read scorched trials and it was uh-may-zing! Anyway bout Teresa...
Personally i think she's an EVIL... ermm... KLUNK - and pretty good at acting too. She played with Thomas emot..."

Completely agree

message 35: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas Alicia wrote: "I honestly think that Thomas is behind the whole WICKED thing - he's the mastermind behind all of this and Teresa is following what he has wanted her to do all along. So I guess I think Teresa is n..."

I agree sort of... I think someone has to be the mastermind behind all of this and "controling" everyone. I'm just not so sure who that really is though, it could be Thomas, Teresa, or even Brenda! Almost anyone could be at this point... or even none of them in the "group".

message 36: by Gabi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gabi Cas wrote: "i think she is on thier side one minute and the next she is working for WICKED; it isn't fair i just want to know who's side she is on. i also want to know if you can trust her statment that "WICKE..."

I think that Thomas once thought WICKED was good because of the dreams he was having and the fact that they are trying to find someone who is immune to the flare.

Jacob Royal I don't know about Teresa... I can understand her dilemma, and she sounds genuine when she says that she did it to save his life, but then again, she's so rigid about it, saying "I know what I did was right, and I'm tired of getting flack for it." What a bitchy way to handle things! Brenda is a much more intriguing character to me now; it sounds like she'll be a big part of the next book, so we'll see.

Also I've heard rumors on a Maze Runner movie- that would be awesome!

message 38: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas I agree, I think Brenda plays a bigger part than we see in the scorch trials. she has to be very important. I would also love to see these made into a movie! I would buy them and watch them a million times! This is my favorite series!

message 39: by Anik (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anik This was a REALLY good series. I think that Teresa and Thomas are totally meant for each other. I don't think she's evil. She's just trying to figure out who she is. And for her, this would all be probably very traumatizing. Plus, Brenda is just annoying. She and Thomas barely even know each other.

message 40: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas Sorry but i really don't agree. i think she knows what side she's on. even if it's traumatizing for them they know who they are!

message 41: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Hey,

So personally I think Teresa doesn't know whats she doing, that her memory is being told to say that WICKED is good. Also since Thomas is having his memories back before they even give them back, that is WICKED ofcourse, it shows how the main creator of Wicked died, how when there practicing telepathy Teresa says if you don't get it they might kill us, But then soon enough their going into the maze forgetting all of this, and before they go they say to each other that'll this will help for the future. So then in the past they think its the thing and is being told its the thing. But everything changes because Thomas is seeing people get hurt, which is why he knows nothing about WIcked is Right. But Teresa on the hand remebers thinking WICKED is good. So I think Teresa is trying to rely on the memories deep inside her when she first came. So basically she just wants to survive and doing this she saying what she kinda remembers from the coma.

:)

message 42: by RP (last edited Aug 21, 2011 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

RP I actually think Brenda's role will be quite big in the Death Cure. Tom and Brenda wil be able to comunicate now instead of Tom and Teressa? I feel like Teressa is good but then there's something else telling me she's not as innocent as I think she is. It's just really confusing! But the memory Thomas did have from right before the 4 were going down into the Box Teressa seemed like a good person. I mean Tom and Teressa are the ones that helped make the whole WICKED thing so Thomas and Teressa have to be on the same side. I guess we'll find out when the Swipe's removed! :]

And Abby it makes sense!

Steph I think that Teresa's whole life has been to follow WICKED's orders and tests. To her, this is just another test. She has been psychologically manipulated most if not her entire life by WICKED. She probably can't tell the difference at this point.

As for Brenda, I think she maybe the 4th person that Thomas saw in his memory. (Don't remember where in the book the dream is mentioned.) I say this, because she can communicate with him the same way that Theresa and Aris can. Just a thought.

message 44: by Rou (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rou Well, first I don't like Teresa for a couple of reasons, one of them that she hurt Tom, and even if she was doing this in order to save him ,I don't care! She still hurt him. And honestly I don't know the others reasons I just dislike her. And I think that she's ding what she's been told so that she can stay alive. So she'll probably try to convince Tim to cooperate with WICKED, which of course we're still not sure if it's good or not.

But personally I prefer Brenda and I hope that Tom will choose her eventually which I doubt :\

message 45: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas I also think Tom should choose Brenda, but we don't know much about her either... If she ends up a back staber/untustworthy like Teresa I'm going to go insane!

message 46: by RP (new) - rated it 5 stars

RP Steph wrote: "I think that Teresa's whole life has been to follow WICKED's orders and tests. To her, this is just another test. She has been psychologically manipulated most if not her entire life by WICKED. ..."

I totally agree that she was the fourth person!

Anibel Ramos I do trust her, even though everything in the book is meant to make you despise her. There shouldnt be any doubt in everyone's mind that they worked together, even planned everything that was going to happen. All we could do is wait and see what it was all actually for.

On the subject of Brenda... I yet have heard anyone mention the fact that right before WICKED saved him of the infection from when he was shot, that she practically admitted to being the person that called them. And towards the end when they were going to throw her off the ship, her and Jorge acted passive which is out of character when you think of how they acted through out the book.

As far as the forth person in his memory/dream, which Aris, Thomas, and Teresa were in, the best bet is it was Aris partner which was with Group B that died. Rachel I beleive her name was.

Im alot more interested to find out how Brenda became involved in this whole KLUNK with WICKED..

Yasmin she's not my favorit I do trust her.

Emily i prefered tereasa to brenda, she was there from the start and by the way she acts to thomas even when she has to hurt him, in my view shows she is trustworthy. however brenda i just dont like, she seemed off to me- but i guess we have to wait untill the death cure to find out!

Annie Miller Teresa is not evil. She has been keeping herself alive by following the rules that WICKED gave her. She loves Thomas and tries to tell him to follow the rules to keep himself alive as well. Remember she is the first in the gas chamber that Thomas was locked into and she said the reason she locked him in there was because WICKED promised to not kill him. Once again Teresa is good.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Scorch Trials (other topics)