Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Lord John Grey

Comments (showing 1-49 of 49) (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Abresch | 2 comments I am a big fan of the show, The Mentalist. Am I the only one who sees Outlander characters when watching this? I totally see Patrick Jane as Lord John, and there is the red headed detective, Grace Van Pelt--perfect Briana to me. And then Wayne Rigsby could be the perfect Roger. Here is a link to their pics: http://www.thementalisttvshow.com/pag...

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1100 comments I think Grace would be a good Briana...she seems to be fairly tall...not sure about Simon Baker Finch as LJ though...I picture him a bit leaner and older looking...

message 3: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I picture LJ leaner too, prettier. Simon Baker looks rugged, like handsome. I pictured LJ to look more like... Jude Law maybe.

and Roger I picture more like Matt Bomer.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Abresch | 2 comments Oohhh... I love Matt Bomer as Roger!

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments Thanks! Someone named him in this group before and I thought he was a GREAT pick.

message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 199 comments I love Matt Bomer! But, I just can't see him as Roger, too...pretty. Then again, it's possibly cause I've never liked Roger that much,lol.

message 7: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments Hahaha, that's funny because I always thought that Roger was attractive. He's not my favorite either but his discription is attractive. I'm not a huge Matt Bomer fan, so I guess that's why they match for me. (Especially the eyes. Rog's are a light green, but they're close enough.)

message 8: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Jul 24, 2011 09:03PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Tanya wrote: "I am a big fan of the show, The Mentalist. Am I the only one who sees Outlander characters when watching this? I totally see Patrick Jane as Lord John, and there is the red headed detective, Grac..."

Great pick on Grace Van Pelt for Bree. What about Matthew Goode for Roger? Black hair, light eyes, ACCENT, and he rocks a scruffy beard. ;)
www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/me...

Here's a more "scholarly" look:
www.stardusttrailers.com/gallery_atto...

And...a period look for kicks and giggles:
www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/m...

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1100 comments I saw a guy on tv last night who I think could be black jack randall - scott cohen - he plays nico in the new show necessary roughless and is the mental muscle (for lack of a better word)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm264684083...

message 10: by Terry (new)

Terry | 32 comments I think that James Scott from Days of Our Lives would be an ideal Frank/Black Jack Randall.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/james-...

message 11: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Jul 26, 2011 04:04PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments See, from the moment I first saw Jason Isaacs in The Patriot he was Black Jack Randall for me!

content9.flixster.com/question/50/34/...

movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movi...

www.movie-collection.com/uploads/movi...

message 12: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I used to say Jason Isaacs too, when he was younger. It's just that they waited too long and now he's not the right age any more.

[image error]

message 13: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments BUT! I think that Ian Somerhalder has a similar look and he's the right age. He's who I've started liking as Frank/Black Jack. And he's excellent and playing both kind and sadistic.

message 14: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Wendy F wrote: "I used to say Jason Isaacs too, when he was younger. It's just that they waited too long and now he's not the right age any more.

"

Yeah, he's too old to play him, but that's the good thing of just picturing him in my head when I read the books. LOL I can just use the Patriot image. ;)

message 15: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Wendy F wrote: "BUT! I think that Ian Somerhalder has a similar look and he's the right age. He's who I've started liking as Frank/Black Jack. And he's excellent and playing both kind and sadistic.

"

Ian showed us that he can be kind and evil (hello, Damon!), but I'm not so sure that Louisiana boy can do a British accent. I'd like to see him try it. hehehe...

message 16: by Wendy F, biblioholic (last edited Jul 27, 2011 08:35AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments The accents are always the part that gets ya.

There is a chance though. I'll hold out hope.

message 17: by Terry (new)

Terry | 32 comments Jen wrote: "See, from the moment I first saw Jason Isaacs in The Patriot he was Black Jack Randall for me!

content9.flixster.com/question/50/34/...

movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movi......"

He got old with the rest of us!!!

message 18: by Terry (new)

Terry | 32 comments Wendy F wrote: "BUT! I think that Ian Somerhalder has a similar look and he's the right age. He's who I've started liking as Frank/Black Jack. And he's excellent and playing both kind and sadistic.

"

I could see that, but he looks a little to much like Rob Lowe with dark hair.

message 19: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments He totally does in that picture... he's so much more attractive then Rob Lowe though... how about this one?

[image error]

message 20: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I love that picture of him, but it's so much like how I imagine the Dreamy Eyed Guy from Fever.

message 21: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Wendy F wrote: "He totally does in that picture... he's so much more attractive then Rob Lowe though... how about this one?

"

I've always thought that Ian Somerhalder was a younger, hotter version of Rob Lowe.

message 22: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments Much hotter, but I can see the resemblance.

message 23: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Ohh good one Wendy. He could be the Dreamy Eyed guy from Fever. I forget, what color eyes did Roger have? For some reason I see Ian Somerhalder as Roger.

Love this thread :)

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1100 comments i thought ian had green eyes - he was described as being black irish i thought liken jenny....but i might be wrong

message 25: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments Leea:
I agree, he could play the dreamy eyed guy in the Fever series. Totally looks the part.

message 26: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Roger is dark Scots: black hair & darker complexion, but he had Geilis' startling green eyes...

message 27: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments I thought he had lighter eyes... I love young Ian and Roger :) Who could play Ian?

message 28: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments DG makes it a point to mention Geilie's eyes and then you find out Roger has those very same eyes since you find out he's a direct descendant.

Hmm...I always used to picture Joseph Gordon Levitt when he was younger...he's too old to play him now.

message 29: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I know there was another topic with ideas for casting, but there are so many threads that it's impossible to find.

This group seriously needs a regular moderator.

Okay, so last night we watched Insidious. If you haven't watched it, it was good. And not gory, which for me is a plus.

Anyway, I was watching and the woman who plays the mother kept popping out at me as a possibility for Claire. I've never seen her before, but if I wouldn't hate it.

Rose Byrne
[image error]

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess (WickedlyBookish) | 11 comments I recognize her from the movie Bridesmaids. She played amazingly stuck up rich witch. I think I coudl see her as claire, however I feel like claire would have a softer more average face. Someone normal women coudl relate to.

message 31: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Aug 06, 2011 07:55PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Wendy F wrote: "I know there was another topic with ideas for casting, but there are so many threads that it's impossible to find.

Okay, so last night we watch..."

I like Rose Bryne as an actress. I just find her looks a bit too exotic to be Claire. She' been in Troy, Knowing, among the ones mentioned previously.

I really like the idea of the actress, Hayley Atwell, from the Duchess and, more recently, Captain America. She was mentioned in another post. The only thing she lacks is the extremely curly hair and eye color.

l.yimg.com/img.omg.yahoo.com/omg/us/i...

1.bp.blogspot.com/_jvBFHkK2ZXc/TNgCGf...

message 32: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 39 comments Wendy F wrote: "He totally does in that picture... he's so much more attractive then Rob Lowe though... how about this one?

"

At first glance he struck me as the perfect Roger, but maybe he could pull off the Black Jack/Frank character as well. Although I always imagined Frank looking a little bit older so maybe back to Roger with green contacts for those Geillis eyes.

message 33: by Debi (new)

Debi | 5 comments I think Emma Stone would be perfect for Claire. She is in "The Help" the curly hair and everything!

message 34: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 65 comments Tanya wrote: "I am a big fan of the show, The Mentalist. Am I the only one who sees Outlander characters when watching this? I totally see Patrick Jane as Lord John, and there is the red headed detective, Grac..."
I cannot see the person who plays Grace van Pelt as Brianna at all!!!! So what if she has red hair. She doesn't have the energy and size of Brianna.

message 35: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 65 comments Jen wrote: "Wendy F wrote: "I know there was another topic with ideas for casting, but there are so many threads that it's impossible to find.

I have seen Rose Bryne only in Damages. She is quite a good actress = has had many various emotions in the role. She hasn't had an instance of the type of "fire" Clare should have, but it is a possibility that she could. In some interview clips after the show she sounds British! NO comparison with that Katherine vapid looking person.

message 36: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Lynda wrote: "Jen wrote: "Wendy F wrote: "I know there was another topic with ideas for casting, but there are so many threads that it's impossible to find.

I have seen Rose Bryne only in Damages. She is qui..."

I will boycott the movie if they cast Katherine Heigl.

message 37: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3150 comments I want to say I would too, but I don't think I could resist.

message 38: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Same here... I don't want her to play the role but I love Outlander so much that another medium would be great!

message 39: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (JenKeith) | 1047 comments Y'all remember how whiny KH is, right? In all her roles? The only movies I've liked her in were Love Comes Softly and Life as We Know It and she was whiny in both. Claire is NOT whiny nor is she American. It would be a travesty, IMO. They would have to cast an AMAZING Jamie Fraser for me to be tempted to view it on the silver screen.

message 40: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Wendy F wrote: "I know there was another topic with ideas for casting, but there are so many threads that it's impossible to find.

Okay, so last night we watch..."
Hi Wendy, yes that movie Insidious was GREAT! And I almost didn't recognize the actress this the photos you posted. I could see her as a possible Claire..yes.

message 41: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments Yes, I know Gerard Butler is too old to play young Jamie, but I just had to share this new picture of him. Apparently he's buffed up and slimmed down to be in his new surfing movie. Yummy!!
Photobucket

message 42: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1100 comments i seriously thought that was matthew mcconough at first

message 43: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Sue wrote: "Yes, I know Gerard Butler is too old to play young Jamie, but I just had to share this new picture of him. Apparently he's buffed up and slimmed down to be in his new surfing movie. Yummy!!
"
Sue, O M G! Thank you so much for sharing the pic of my favorite actor Gerard Butler!!! I almost didn't recognize him...I LOVE IT.

message 44: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kikitaranto) | 101 comments I just can't picture anyone else other than GB to play Jamie. That is exactly who I pictured Jamie to be from the very beginning of the series.

message 45: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Kristin wrote: "I just can't picture anyone else other than GB to play Jamie. That is exactly who I pictured Jamie to be from the very beginning of the series." In total agreement Kristin.

message 46: by Teresita (last edited Aug 11, 2011 07:03AM) (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments I don't if know anyone here watches SPARTACUS, but I think the actress that plays Spartacus Wife,I think her name is Sara in the show, would make a good Claire.
Can someone tell me how to post a photo here? I have tried but I haven't figured it out yet, thanks.

message 47: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments Teresita wrote: "I don't know anyone here watches SPARTACUS, but I think the actress that plays Spartacus Wife,I think her name is Sara in the show, would make a good Claire.
Can someone tell me how to post a phot..."

Teresita, I put all my pictures (Outlander) in a folder I have created in Photobucket (www.photobucket.com). Then once the picture is stored in your folder, click on the picture you want to put here and copy the HTML code. Paste it here in the comment section.

message 48: by Teresita (new)

Teresita A | 531 comments Sue wrote: "Teresita wrote: "I don't know anyone here watches SPARTACUS, but I think the actress that plays Spartacus Wife,I think her name is Sara in the show, would make a good Claire.
Can someone tell me ho..."
ok Sue, THANKS!

message 49: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments You can use this... Just copy the image and paste in in between the quotations and remove and then remove the '!'

unread topics | mark unread