Delirity discussion

Archives/Just for Fun Challenges > Levels (Ends 10/31/11)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Heather (last edited May 08, 2011 10:04PM) (new)

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 5830 comments Mod
In this challenge you can choose your level. To complete it, all you have to do is read one book from each category. If you'd like to make it harder then read more, 2 per category, 3 per category...whatever you choose. You can earn up to 16 points for this challenge (meaning that to get all the points you would read 4 for each category.) And no, you cannot just read 16 vampire books. You can only earn up to 4 points per category.

The categories are:

Mythology Based - Means it's based on a mythological story or includes mythological creatures. However, do not include vamps and wolves in this. Think centaurs, mythological deities, King Arthur... Things based on a legitimate myth from history, not just a random myth story the author makes up.
Vampires
Women and Weapons - Think of characters that carry weapons, claws and magical abilities don't count. However, it's okay if they carry a magical sword or something of that sort.
100% Normal - Everything has to be realistic. Nothing paranormal, supernatural, mythological, dystopian, etc. Human characters interacting in the past or present, (but not the future) in realistically possible events. Fiction or non-fiction counts. it's okay if the plots a little out there, but the world has to be normal for the period the book is taking place in.

Remember to only post your books once! When you finish, just tell us you finished and I'll find your post. Also, make sure that you don't use books that you've used for another challenge (unless it's the character challenge, since you've been given an okay for that).

Books for this challenge must have been read on or after May 5th.

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 18, 2011 06:32PM) (new)

Completed 16 of 16

Mythology Based
1. Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7) - P.C. Cast
2. The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) - Kelley Armstrong
3. Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) - Jenna Black
4. Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2) - Jenna Black

Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7) by P.C. Cast The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2) by Jenna Black

Vampires
1. Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) - Michelle Rowen
2. Bite Club (The morganville Vampires, #10) - Rachel Mead
3. The Reluctant Vampire (Argeneau, #15) - Lynsay Sands
4. Hit List (Anita Blake, #20) - Laurell K. Hamilton

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Michelle Rowen Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine The Reluctant Vampire (Argeneau, #15) by Lynsay Sands Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #20) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Women and Weapons
1. Tangled Threads (Elemental Assasin, #4) - Jennifer Estep
2. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) - Ilona Andrews
3. Steel - Carrie Vaughn
4. The Hob's Bargain - Patricia Briggs

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews The Hob's Bargain by Patricia Briggs Steel by Carrie Vaughn

100% Normal
1. The Wedding (Laird's Fiancees, #2) - Julie Garwood
2. To Catch an Heiress (Ex-Spies, #1) - Julia Quinn
3. How to Marry a Marquis (Ex-Spies, #2) - Julia Quinn
4. Three Weddings and a Kiss - Kathleen E. Woodiwiss and others

The Wedding (Laird's Fiancees, #2) by Julie Garwood To Catch an Heiress (Ex-spies, #1) by Julia Quinn How to Marry a Marquis (Ex-spies, #2) by Julia Quinn Three Weddings and a Kiss by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Oct 28, 2011 10:56PM) (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Completed 15 of 16

Mythology Based
1.Abandon by Meg Cabot 6/17
2.Dark Descendant by Jenna Black 7/13
3.Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead 7/22
4.Storm Born by Richelle Mead 7/24

Vampires
1. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris 7/1
2. Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton 9/18
3. Blood Rights by Kristen Painter 10/21

Women and Weapons
1.Divergent by Veronica Roth 6/20
2. Valiant by Holly Black 6/21
3.The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Chima Williams 9/6
4.All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin 10/28

100% Normal
1.Where She Went by Gayle Forman 6/17
2.Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran8/7
3.Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire 8/10
4.Ruthless by Anne Stewart 8/22

message 4: by Darcy (last edited Jun 29, 2011 11:33AM) (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments Completed 15 of 16

Mythology Based
1. Dark Descendant by Jenna Black 5/5
2. Rage by Jackie Kessler 5/6
3. The King of Plagues by Jonathan Maberry 5/10 (this was a weird one, the bad guys created a group with a Goddess as it's head to destroy the world, then took religious aspects to support it)

Dark Descendant (Descendants, #1) by Jenna Black Rage by Jackie Kessler The King of Plagues (Joe Ledger, #3) by Jonathan Maberry

Vampires
1. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter 5/8
2. Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill 5/9
3. Crossed by J.F. Lewis 5/12
4. Try Me by Parker Blue 5/18

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Crossed (Void City, #3) by J.F. Lewis Try Me (Demon Underground, #2) by Parker Blue

Women and Weapons
1. Savage Nature by Christine Feehan 5/6
2. Loose and Easy by Tara Janzen 5/16
3. Into the Mist by Maya Banks 6/1
4. Into the Lair by Maya Banks 6/2

Savage Nature (Leopard People, #5) by Christine Feehan Loose and Easy (Steele Street, #9) by Tara Janzen Into the Mist (Falcon Mercenary Group, #1) by Maya Banks Into the Lair (Falcon Mercenary Group, #2) by Maya Banks

100% Normal
1. First Family by David Baldacci 5/7
2. With This Ring, I Thee Bed by Alison Tyler 5/8
3. Sweet Possession by Maya Banks 5/9
4. The Camel Club by David Baldacci 5/10

First Family (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #4) by David Baldacci With This Ring, I Thee Bed by Alison Tyler Sweet Possession by Maya Banks The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1) by David Baldacci

Sorry Samantha. I tried to pick stuff most of us tend to stick with genre wise.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments I was thinking that would be the easiest category. For me the Mythology will be the hardest.

I figured mythology and 100% would be the hardest since I know some of our group members don't like to read romance books, "regular" YA, classics, or other genres that don't include sexy vamps. ;)
For mythology I'm lucky that I still have the Divine books to read by P.C. Cast, and I'm hoping a Kenyon will come out soon. I don't know about the 4th one, but I'm hoping to come across something. I think I have a goddess book by Cast I haven't gotten to yet and they're always myth based.

Samantha | 432 comments I guess I'd forgotten about the romances I read...maybe mythology will be the hardest, though there are a lot that seem to be coming out. I don't mind a challenge, that's the name of the game, right? ;)

message 10: by Joeera (last edited Aug 20, 2011 07:55PM) (new)

Joeera  | 125 comments I'an in ( 16 out of 16 complete )

Mythology Based

1.Visions of Magic (r-f-May 31-June-1)
2Prophecy of the Sisters(r-f-June 7-)
3The Lightning Thief(r-f-July 13-14)
4Abandon(r-f-July 16-17)

Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1) by Regan Hastings Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1) by Meg Cabot

Vampires

1Crusade (r-f-May 28-29)
2Taken By The Others(r-f-May 17-18)
3Almost to Die For(r-f-May 22-23)
4Love Me Forever(r-f-May 12-13)

Crusade (Crusade, #1) by Nancy Holder Taken By The Others (H&W Investigations #2) by Jess Haines Almost to Die For (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1) by Tate Hallaway Love Me Forever by Rosemary Laurey

Women And Wepons

1Angelfire(r-f-June 1-3)
2Hunted By The Others(r-f-June 6-7)
3Blood Song(r-f-July 1-3)
City of Bones(r-f-July 27-29)

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Hunted By The Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams City of Bones  Deleted Prologue (The Mortal Instruments Shorts, #1) by Cassandra Clare

100% Normal

1Remember When (r-f-May 29-31)
2Velvet(r-f-May 25-27)
3A Kiss in the Dark(r-f-May 18-19)
4The Magic of You(r-f-May 14-15)

Remember When by Judith McNaught Velvet (V series, #3) by Jane Feather A Kiss in the Dark by Kimberly Logan The Magic of You (Malory Family, #4) by Johanna Lindsey

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments I have read all those PC Cast. I will have to try the Kenyon books if it gets close to the end and I haven't gotten any.

I will say that I did just read Dark Descendant (Descendants, #1) by Jenna Black, it fits the mythology category and it was good.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments Would you consider the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse mythology?

message 14: by Lynnea (last edited Sep 13, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Lynnea (LaLasBooks) Completed 16 of 16

Mythology
1. The Goddess Test 5/5/11
2. Illusions 5/15/11
3. Abandon 5/21/11
4. The Immortal Highlander 7/2/11

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Illusions (Wings, #3) by Aprilynne Pike Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1) by Meg Cabot The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning

Vampires
1. Lover Mine 5/24/11
2. Lover Unleashed 7/7/11
3. Blood 8/19/11
4. Passion Unleashed 9/10/11

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Blood (Mercian Trilogy, #1) by K.J. Wignall Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

Women and Weapons
1. The Demon Trapper's Daughter 5/5/11
2. Steel 5/8/11
3. Angelfire 5/21/11
4. Bite Me 8/5/11

The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers #1) by Jana Oliver Steel by Carrie Vaughn Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Bite Me (Demon Underground, #1) by Parker Blue
100% Normal
1. The Unwritten Rule 5/12/11
2. Courting Miss Lancaster 5/16/11
3. The Art of Racing in the Rain 6/5/11
4. Agent in Old Lace 6/12/11

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein Agent in Old Lace by Tristi Pinkston

Darcy, ya, they count. It's part of Christian mythology. (Although, some will yell at me for saying that...)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments Heather wrote: "Darcy, ya, they count. It's part of Christian mythology. (Although, some will yell at me for saying that...)"

Good deal, then I might be ok on that category.

message 17: by Colleen (last edited Jun 10, 2011 07:50PM) (new)

Colleen | 144 comments Completed 16 of 16

Mythology Based

1. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 5/13
2. Hounded by Kevin Hearne 6/10
3. Illusions by Aprilynne Pike 5/26
4. Entice by Carrie Jones 6/9

Vampires
1. Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn 5/5
2. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn 5/6
3. Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn 5/9
4. Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn 5/20

Women and Weapons
1. Defiance by Lili Saintcrow 5/6
2. Vanilla Ride by Joe R. Lansdale 5/14
3. Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells 5/31
4. Mage In Black by Jaye Wells 6/5

100% Normal
1. Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts 5/11
2. Tick Tock by James Patterson 5/10
3. Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas 5/19
4. Best Laid Plans by Nora Roberts 5/14
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Illusions (Wings, #3) by Aprilynne Pike Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones
Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7) by Carrie Vaughn
Defiance (Strange Angels #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Vanilla Ride by Joe R. Lansdale Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2) by Jaye Wells
Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, #4) by James Patterson Best Laid Plans (Loving Jack #2) (Language Of Love #44 - Dogwood) by Nora Roberts Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

Where's a new C.E. Murphy for mythology when you need it?

Just thought I'd clarify something for you all. Wolves and Vamps don't count for mythology, but if there's another myth structure in the story you can use it. For example, the last Mercedes Thompson book has wolves in it, but there's also the story of Coyote and other Native American myths. You could use that story because there's another tale combined with it.

message 19: by Jessica B (last edited Oct 28, 2011 06:41AM) (new)

Jessica B | 282 comments Completed 16/16

MYTHOLOGY BASED

1. The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning
2. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
3. Envy by J.R. Ward
4. Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3) by J.R. Ward Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

VAMPIRES

1. Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
2. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
4. The Dead Girls Dance by Rachel Caine

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine

WOMEN & WEAPONS

1. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
4. One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

100% NORMAL

1. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
2. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
3. If You Deceive by Kresley Cole
4. An Offer from a Gentleman by Julia Quinn

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) by Simone Elkeles Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) by Jennifer Ashley An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia Quinn If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3) by Kresley Cole

Lynnea (LaLasBooks) I have recently read two books were the main charater goes back in time and "lives" for a while... would you consider that in the 100% normal category?

Steel
Wishful Thinking

message 21: by Heather (last edited May 09, 2011 07:53PM) (new)

Sadly no. Time travel makes it not 100% normal. Maybe 90%, but not quite 100%. If it was just a story set in the past that would be different.

message 22: by Zuleika (last edited Jun 11, 2011 06:27AM) (new)

Zuleika [14/16]

Mythology Based
1. Poisoned Kisses by Stephanie Draven
2. Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione
3. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
4. Shadow Walker by Allyson James
Poisoned Kisses by Stephanie Draven Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini Shadow Walker (Stormwalker #3) by Allyson James

Vampires
1. Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
2. Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance
Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1) by Kelly Keaton Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

Women and Weapons
1. Huntress by Malinda Lo
2. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
3. Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep
4. Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines
Huntress by Malinda Lo Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines

100% Normal
1. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
2. The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros
3. Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas
4. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

message 23: by Erika (last edited Oct 29, 2011 08:16AM) (new)

Erika  (ReadingButterfly) | 61 comments 15/16

Mythology
1. Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs 6/18
2. Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale 7/3
3. Abandon 7/22
4. Starcrossed 8/14
Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs Mermaid  A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1) by Meg Cabot Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini

Vampires
1. Siren's Cry 8/16
2. Lover Eternal 8/27
3. Supernaturally K. White 10/7
The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2) by Jennifer Anne Kogler Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White

Women and Weapons
1. Paranormalcy K. White 5/12
2. Hunger Games S. Collins 7/17
3. Enclave by Ann Aguirre 8/27
4. Sweet Venom by T. childs

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins] Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1) by Tera Lynn Childs

100% Normal
1. Perfect Chemistry S. Elkeles
2. I remember You H. Evans 6/25
3. American Heiress D. Goodwin 10/16
4. Lola and the Boy Next Door 10/29
Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles I Remember You by Harriet Evans The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

message 24: by Andrea (last edited May 18, 2011 09:42AM) (new)

Andrea (Aeva) | 7 comments I will try, Mythology will prob be the hardest for me as well. Does it count if the mythological aspect isnt the main theme of the book, ex. the centures in the Harry Potter books?

Mythology

Vampires

Women and Weapons

100% Normal
1.What Happened to Goodbye

You could use that, but you wouldn't be able to use the other books in the series unless there was a valid myth behind it.

message 26: by Brandee (last edited Oct 13, 2011 12:51AM) (new)

Brandee | 78 comments Mythology based
1.Red Hot fury By:Kasey Mackenzie
2.Green eyed Envy
3.Urban Shaman By:C.E Murphy
4.Thunderbird Falls By:C.E Murphy
Red Hot Fury (Shades of Fury, #1) by Kasey MacKenzie Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2) by Kasey MacKenzie Urban Shaman  (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy Thunderbird Falls  (Walker Papers, #2) by C.E. Murphy
Vampies
1.Midnight Awakening By:Lara Adrian
2.Veil of Midnight By:Lara Adrian
3.Bite Club By:Rachel caine
4.Friday nights Bite By:Chloe Neil
Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill
Wemon and Weaponds
1.Tangled Threads
2.Venom
3.Magic Burns
4.magic Strikes
Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
100% Normal
1.Ceremony in death By:J.D Robb
2.Conspiracy in Death By:J.D Robb
3.Loyalty in Death By:J.D Robb
4.Witness in Death By:J.D Robb
Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb

Brandee | 78 comments I don't no about the Mythology based books.. i am open for suggestions

Anything by P.C. Cast.
The Once and Future King - T.H. White
Karen Marie Moning works if her book has fae myths in them. Some of her romances do, as does the Fever series.
On of the Kitty Norville books has a skinwalker in it. You'd have to ask Darcy which one it is since I can't remember.
Sherrilyn Kenyon works. Any of her Dark-Hunter series.
If you want to go historical fiction Wilbur Smith has an Ancient Egypt series that has some of the myths from the period thrown in.
Percy Jackson
C.E. Murphy's Walker Papers series
River Marked - Patricia Briggs
Entice - Carrie Jones
Jane Yellowrock
The Hollow
Aspect of the Crow series
Robin McKinley's Beauty
Unsympathetic Magic or Dopplegangster
Discord's Apple
Red Hot Fury

Brandee | 78 comments wow thanks....I have read the Karen Marie Moning series but it was before may 5...I'll Check some of these out :0)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments The Kitty book is Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5) by Carrie Vaughn

Thanks Darcy, I just knew it was somewhere between 4 and 7. ;)

If you go with the Resnick books...Unsypathetic Magic or Dopplegangster don't worry about reading book 1 in the series. It sucked. You can figure it all out without it. Book two was about dopplegangers and three is about vodoo.

message 33: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Aug 19, 2011 08:09AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 1877 comments Completed 16 of 16

Mythology Based
1. Shadowspell by Jenna Black
2. Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
3. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
4.Dark Descendant by Jenna Black
Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2) by Jenna Black Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong Dark Descendant (Descendants #1) by Jenna Black

Vampires
1. Afterlight by Elle Jasper
2. Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. Bonded by Blood by Laurie London
4. Friday Night Bites by Chloe Niell
Afterlight by Elle Jasper Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bonded by Blood (Sweetblood, #1) by Laurie London Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill

Women and Weapons
1. Naked In Death by J.D. Robb
2. Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
3. Arrow's Flight by Mercedes Lackey
4. Arrows's Fall by Mercedes Lackey
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole Arrow's Flight (Heralds of Valdemar, #2) by Mercedes Lackey Arrow's Fall (Heralds of Valdemar, #3) by Mercedes Lackey

100% Normal
1. It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
2. Devil In Winter by Lisa Kleypas
3. The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros
4. Colters' Lady by Maya Banks
It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3) by Lisa Kleypas The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2) by Maya Banks

message 34: by Renee (last edited Jul 31, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

Renee Rearden (ReneeRearden) | 37 comments Ok, let's do this!

Levels challenge
Ends 10/31/11

Completed 2 of 16

Mythology Based:

Vampires
1. Lost Wages of Sin by Rosalie Stanton ~DONE~
2. Stay With Me by Gwen Campbell ~DONE~

Women and Weapons

Normal:

Lost Wages of Sin (Sinners and Saints, #1) by Rosalie Stanton Stay With Me (Siren Publishing Classic) by Gwen Campbell

message 35: by Cindy (last edited Sep 18, 2011 08:15PM) (new)

Cindy (cindysue48) | 102 comments Levels Challenge - All Done!

Completed 16/16

Mythology Based
1. Nocked for a Loop - Sam Cheever 7/19
2. The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter 5/9
3. Betrayal - Mayandree Michel 9/1
4. City of Bones - Cassandra Clare 9/16

Nocked for a Loop (Naughty Nooners) by Sam Cheever The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Betrayal (The Descendants #1) by Mayandree Michel City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Vampires
1. Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris 6/30
2. Reunion - FE Heaton 7/8
3. Not Just an Orgy - Sally Painter 8/7
4. Lover Revealed - JR Ward 7/20

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Reunion (Vampires Realm) by Felicity E. Heaton Not Just an Orgy (Naughty Nooners) by Sally Painter Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward

Women with Weapons
1. Snaring the Huntress - Sylvia Day 5/14
2. Pleasure Unbound - Larissa Ione 7/7
3. Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaneine Frost 9/4
4. Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes 9/18

Snaring the Huntress by Sylvia Day Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

100% Normal
1. Sex Stalker - Darren Burton 5/23
2. Cop Appeal - Ava Meyers 7/11
3. Rode Hard, Put up Wet - Lorelei James 7/10
4. Tied Up, Tied Down - Lorelei James 8/4

Sex Stalker by Darren G. Burton Cop Appeal by Ava Meyers Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) by Lorelei James Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) by Lorelei James

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 18, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

Mythology based:1.Oh. My. Gods.

Vampires: 1. Shadow Kiss
2. Frostbite
3. Blood Promise
4. Spirit bound

100% real: 1.Honey, Baby, Sweetheart

message 37: by Suzanne (last edited Oct 31, 2011 12:35PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 8 comments WooHoo! I made it just in time!!

Delirity discussion
Levels Challenge
Ends:
Now - 10/31/11

Completed: 16 of 16

Mythology Based:
1. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan - 7/25/2011 - ****
2. Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn - 8/24/2011 - ****
3. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan - 9/13/2011 - ****
4. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - 7/18/2011 - *****

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

Vampires:
1. One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - 10/31/2011 - ***
2. Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton - 8/5/2011 - **
3. Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs - 8/26/2011 - *****
4. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare - 9/5/2011 - ***

Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #19) by Laurell K. Hamilton Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

Women and Weapons:
1. Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb - 7/13/2011 - *****
2. Flirt by Laurell K. Hamilton - 7/14/2011 - ***
3. Blood Work by Kim Harrison - 7/23/2011 - ***
4. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - 8/15/2011 - *****

Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton Blood Work by Kim Harrison Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

100% Normal:
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - 8/21/2011 - *****
2. It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - 8/31/2011 - *****
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - 9/20/2011 - *****
4. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - 10/11/2011 - ****

The Help by Kathryn Stockett It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments All Done!!

Completed 16 of 16

Mythology Based
1. Dark Descendant by Jenna Black 5/5
2. Rage by Jackie Kessler 5/6
3. The King of Plagues by Jonathan Maberry 5/10 (this was a weird one, the bad guys created a group with a Goddess as it's head to destroy the world, then took religious aspects to support it)
4. Hunt the Moon Karen Chance 6/29, the bad guys were Viking and Greek gods and goddess

Dark Descendant (Descendants, #1) by Jenna Black Rage by Jackie Kessler The King of Plagues (Joe Ledger, #3) by Jonathan Maberry Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

Vampires
1. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter 5/8
2. Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill 5/9
3. Crossed by J.F. Lewis 5/12
4. Try Me by Parker Blue 5/18

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Crossed (Void City, #3) by J.F. Lewis Try Me (Demon Underground, #2) by Parker Blue

Women and Weapons
1. Savage Nature by Christine Feehan 5/6
2. Loose and Easy by Tara Janzen 5/16
3. Into the Mist by Maya Banks 6/1
4. Into the Lair by Maya Banks 6/2

Savage Nature (Leopard People, #5) by Christine Feehan Loose and Easy (Steele Street, #9) by Tara Janzen Into the Mist (Falcon Mercenary Group, #1) by Maya Banks Into the Lair (Falcon Mercenary Group, #2) by Maya Banks

100% Normal
1. First Family by David Baldacci 5/7
2. With This Ring, I Thee Bed by Alison Tyler 5/8
3. Sweet Possession by Maya Banks 5/9
4. The Camel Club by David Baldacci 5/10

First Family (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #4) by David Baldacci With This Ring, I Thee Bed by Alison Tyler Sweet Possession by Maya Banks The Camel Club (Camel Club, #1) by David Baldacci

Samantha | 432 comments I had forgotten that Chance's books have a bit of mythology in them. Thanks for the reminder.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments Samantha wrote: "I had forgotten that Chance's books have a bit of mythology in them. Thanks for the reminder."

I was starting to think I would be waiting forever for that last one. Then when I was reading Chance's last book and there was all that in there I was really happy!!

It is surprising where mythology themes pop up, I wouldn't have pegged any of the ones I read as having them until after I was reading them.

Good job, Darcy.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2484 comments Thanks!

A_Vishous_Fan | 3 comments I'll give it a try.

09/16 COMPLETED

Mythology Based -
1) Demon Girl 06/28

Vampires
1) Samson's Lovely Mortal 06/30
2) A Quick Bite 06/09

Women and Weapons -
1) Graveyard Games 06/22
2) S.E.A.L. Team Omega 05/31

100% Normal -
1) Getting Away is Deadly 06/18
2) Always the Baker Never the Bride 06/13
3) Take the Monkeys and Run 05/09
4) Hot Boss, Wicked Nights 05/16

message 44: by A_Vishous_Fan (last edited Jul 03, 2011 01:56PM) (new)

A_Vishous_Fan | 3 comments I was wondering would angels count like for example
J.R. Ward's book Crave Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Wardit has angels and demons. Any
help would be great. Thanks.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica B wrote: "Completed 3/16

MYTHOLOGY BASED

1. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
2. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
3. Hounded by Kevin Hearne
4. Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

[bookcover:The Gathering|..."

Your waiting for it (Bloodlines) to come out, right? Or do you have a ARC?

I think I just forgot to finish filling this one in. I wonder if I can magically be done without having been paying attention.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 1877 comments Finished this a while ago, but I forgot to update!!

=) Shera! You've got points now =) Good job. I finished it too.

Joeera  | 125 comments i'am done

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 1877 comments Yeah, points!! (I think hell just froze over.)

« previous 1