The Sword and Laser discussion

The Kingkiller Chronicles > Tor is doing a re-read of the series

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skip (last edited May 05, 2011 12:29PM) (new)

Skip | 481 comments Jo Walton is doing a re-read of The Name of the Wind or at Tor. I like the Tor re-reads, they are also doing a A Game of Thrones re-read and have been doing the The Wheel of Time re-read since 2009.

The re-read is chock full of spoilers, so tred carefully if you haven't finished both books yet.

Sanjiv | 21 comments After you've read the first two books, The Name of The Wind seems like a whole new book when you come back to it, at least it did to me when I came back to individual chapters. You just pick up on more things, so I get why doing a re-read would be awesome...But I'm unfamiliar with Tor's rereads. What are they? Do you recommend them?

Skip | 481 comments Tor Books is a science fiction and fantasy publisher. They have a blogs on various SF&F topics, including the re-reads and re-watches.

The rereads are just that, the blogger reads part of a series and blogs about it. It is part recap, part commentary.

Jo is an author, and knows what she's talking about.

Leigh Butler does the other two re-reads I talked about. She is the second keeper of the WoT FAQ and was a long-time member of the once-active Wheel of Time Usenet group (top-posters will be shot on sight). She is new to A Game of Thrones, which is a nice change of pace. I highly recommend all of the rereads.

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 915 comments They just finished a reread of Lord of the Rings, plus they have a few shows that they are watching like Avatar: The Last Airbender or Star Trek: The Next Generation.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set (other topics)
A Game of Thrones (other topics)
The Name of the Wind (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jo Walton (other topics)