Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > Nominate June's Read ***Nominations Closed***

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited May 12, 2011 11:04AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1421 comments Mod
It's time to start nominations for June's Christian Fiction group read. I used the list of categories from the Theme thread and using Random.org, it selected:

Contemporary

Rules:
1. Nominations are open until the 14th of the month. Rachel will let us know which book has "won" on the 15th.
2. Books must be Christian fiction, or "clean" fiction to be eligible for this read.
3. Books are chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
3. One nomination per person.

Nominations so far:

1. Divine by Karen Kingsbury (Camille)
2. The Wedding Promise by Thomas Kinkade (Janet)
3. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones (Abbie)
4. The Negotiator by Dee Henderson (Diane)
5. Softly and Tenderly by Sara Evans (Rachel)
6. Bookends by Liz Curtis Higgs (Laurie)
7. Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson (Lorie)
8. Miss Match by Erynn Mangum (Carissa)
9. Operation Bonnet: A Novel by Kimberly Stuart (Kimberly)
10. Love Remains by Kaye Dacus (Christy)

Camille (CamilleElise) | 872 comments I nominate Divine by Karen Kingsbury

I believe it was recently a freebie on Amazon, so hopefully a lot of us have it already if it gets chosen! :)

Lorie | 1426 comments Mod
I don't know if I know exactly what qualifies as contemporary so I'm going to have to go do some research.

Camille (CamilleElise) | 872 comments My understanding, Lorie, is that it is set in a modern-day setting, rather than a historical one. :)

Janet | 175 comments I suggest: The Wedding Promise by Thomas Kinkade

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 275 comments I nominate Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

I read this one already but its a great book and I know you all would like it to!

Sorry for the delay in yesterday's posting. I was away at Cape Cod camping with hubby and our dog. I hope I get around to reading this month's group read. Where did April go???

Wow, there are some great suggestions so far!

Here's my nomination:

The Negotiator by Dee Henderson

Rachel Brand | 2046 comments Mod
Laurie wrote: "The Road Trip by Jo Lynn Crozier

The Road Trip by Jo Lynn Crozier"

Laurie, is this book available for purchase? I looked it up on Amazon and I don't have the option to buy a copy, not even second hand. On the US site it said it can be shipped between 1 - 2 months :/

I nominate Softly and Tenderly by Sara Evans.

Laurie Armstrong | 23 comments Rachel wrote: "Laurie wrote: "The Road Trip by Jo Lynn Crozier

Laurie, is this book available for purchase? I looked it up on Amazon and I don'..."

Awww...Maybe not :( I'll have to hold on to that nomination for August's read

Laurie wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Laurie wrote: "The Road Trip by Jo Lynn Crozier

Laurie, is this book available for purchase? I looked it up o..."

It sounds like a good book though! It's weird that it's not available because GoodReads said it was published in Nov 2010 :/

Laurie Armstrong | 23 comments I'm going to try again. Here is one I've been wanting to read!

Bookends by Liz Curtis Higgs Bookends by Liz Curtis Higgs

Rachel wrote: "Laurie wrote: "The Road Trip by Jo Lynn Crozier

Laurie, is this book available for purchase? I looked it up on Amazon and I don'..."

FYI, Rachel's nomination, Softly and Tenderly, is available for free over on Net Galley for those who use it!

Lorie | 1426 comments Mod
Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson This was a free Amazon book awhile back.

Carissa | 10 comments Miss Match By Erynn Mangum

Kimberly Stuart | 13 comments Operation Bonnet by Kimberly Stuart. (Am I allowed?) I know--crazy to have a bonnet on the cover of contemporary fiction, but I promise it fits. :)

p.s. If I have 200 reviews of Op Bonnet on Amazon by June 1, I'll draw to give away a Kindle. Anybody need one of those? :) Review the book, send me the link and you're entered to win! Thanks, voracious readers! Operation Bonnet  A Novel by Kimberly StuartOperation Bonnet: A Novel

Christy (southernsassygirl) | 18 comments I nominate Love Remains by Kaye Dacus

Just to let everyone know, I'll be randomly selecting June's book on Sunday, so still a few more days to nominate!

June's book is being picked tomorrow, so last day to nominate!

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 271 comments I am nominating one that is already picked. That would be Divine by Karen Kingsbury

It's the 15th! And according to Random.org, June's book will be...

5. Softly and Tenderly by Sara Evans

I swear, I didn't cheat! :) Hope everyone enjoys the book, I thought it looked great.

And for those of you who review books, this one is still available on NetGalley!

Barbara Ann | 842 comments Thanks for the heads up on NetGalley -- I'll give it a go & see if I get it.

Jodie (NotSo31) | 185 comments I have read Softly and Tenderly and I loved it! I can't wait to read what you all think of it once you get started!

Barbara Ann | 842 comments Thanks Rachel, I got it!