Reading is my escape discussion

■Authors We ♥ A-Z■ > J. R. Ward (PNR)

Comments (showing 1-48 of 48) (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (last edited Apr 29, 2011 12:58PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 353 comments Mod
J. R. Ward J.R. Ward (PNR)

♥Black Dagger Brotherhood♥
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward The Black Dagger Brotherhood An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward

♥Fallen Angels♥
Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward

*Her Contemporary Romance Novel will be listed under Jessica Bird

♥Please add spoiler tag to comments with spoiler content!

message 2: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ | 198 comments Mod
V and Butch...MMMMM

message 3: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

EVen though I have made my love for Rhage know in other threads, it's probally a good idea to remind everyone know he is MINE. That is all...

message 4: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) I <3 J.R. Ward.:))) I'm completely in love with V. However I can't get enough of Blay and Quinn. I could read about those two forever and never get bored.

message 5: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

I'm sooooo ready for her to just write about Quinn and Blay! Enough dragging it out alread!

message 6: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) I know! It's driving me crazy! Lol I am just not pacient enough for this.

message 7: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

You and me both! Have you read the Fallen Angel Series? I try to consol myself that we will have one of those soon...but it's just not the same as the BDB boys....

message 8: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) Yes I've read the Fallen Angel series as well. I enjoy it but not as much as the BDB. It just doesn't seem as thouroughly thought out. I think that's how I want to explain it. Lol I can't quite put my finger on what it is but something about the writing feels "held back" to me. I don't know. I do like it well enough to continue reading them at least. :-D

message 9: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

MissAsima wrote: "Yes I've read the Fallen Angel series as well. I enjoy it but not as much as the BDB. It just doesn't seem as thouroughly thought out. I think that's how I want to explain it. Lol I can't quite put..."

I am waiting to see if they pick up speed....I liked the second better than the first, so I'm hoping I like the 3rd more than both! I am super curious to find out what happens with Adrian and Eddy:) and (view spoiler) I guess we shall see! I am excited about Envy since we got a little taste of the main character:D

message 10: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (last edited Apr 30, 2011 11:13AM) (new)

Zany Rin (zany_rin) | 162 comments Mod
Shell don't forget (view spoiler) I don't know if it was you I told or someone else. LoL!

message 11: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Yep you told me! and I'm soooo excited about that;)

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) There is a Adrian and Eddy scene in the 2nd book but not as detailed as LU.

Qhuay is worse than a soap opera, it's been dragged out for what 4 books? Has anyone heard when their novella is coming out? Or has it only been announced that there will be one?

So Shell and I were discussing the possible No'One and Tohr line up and I had something nibbling at the back of my mind...

So I think it was in the 1st or 2nd book, didn't Ward say that Wellsie went through Tohrs transition with him and they have been together ever since (at least until her death) but yet in Lover Mine Wellsie is no where to be seen or heard about but Tohr was obviously past his transition... Am I totally trippin on that? Does anyone remember?

message 13: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Okay first on the Tohr and Wellsie...I don't remember for sure. Maybe it was her transition. I remember it was an arranged marriage, but that would def. be worth looking into.

I haven't hear anything about the Quay Novella! Has anybody heard when the baby Novella's for Mary and Rhage and Wraith and Beth are coming out. I thought it was this spring but I guess I'm wrong about that!

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) @ Shell from the Book BF's section, my response..

no kidding! Blay is willing to risk the Glymeria (sp?) but Qhuinn is a pansy ass for caring about what they think, i mean shit his own family tired to kill him you think he would flip the Glymeria the bird instead of whining about what they think of him.

Ive reread Lover Mine a few times but after the 1st reading I started skimming over the Darius sections like I do the Lesser sections. hahaha!

I havent heard anything about the novellas I got that info about the Qhuay novella from RiN, she played sleuth to get that info.

message 15: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

I really hope that Ward has Qhuinn be the one to step up, and stand against all the haters to put himself out there for Blay! If Blay has to do it again...Well Qhuinn will def. fall down to the bottom of my list!

I think she has finished writing the Baby Novellas, but I can't find out when they will be released. It was said at one point May I thought...but that's obviously wrong!

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) Well Ward better hop on that baby train, because the brothers are dying out and they need more! LOL!

message 17: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

LOL sooo true!

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) I think that is one of the reasons I wasn't all the happy that Jane is a ghost but I guess really how else can Ward extend her mortal life?? I'd like to see more vamp on vamp parings like Z and Bella. They need more strong warrior babies and halflings arent as strong and than you have to think of a creative way to extend their life.

message 19: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) @amanda- I completely agree with you! I'm looking forward to some more vamp on vamp pairings. We need some more babies! Lol I was really dissapointed about jane being a ghost as well. But still, it made me happier than the alternative I suppose. :-P

message 20: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

Regarding Jane ... I must say that I think that is what irritated me most compared to all the other endings that have been revealed. I like Jane and V as a couple but I could do without the whole ghosting bit. I mean if she can make herself corporeal at will then why not be brought back as normal in the first place.

message 21: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) @rin- I completely agree! Makes me angry. Lol I get way too emotionally involved in my books. I just don't understand why she HAS to be a ghost. Grrr so frustrating. :-P

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) I think I have to say and it pains me to say this but I think V's book was my 2nd least favorite book. The ending seriously pissed me off. I was like WTF!! REALY!?!?!?!? A Ghost?! So stupid!!! And it pains me to not like his book bc V is one of my favs.

Lover Unleashed I believe to be my least fav of the series. I think I may have liked Phurys book better which is saying a lot (since im not much of a phury fan) but the Qhiunn, JM and Blay story line saved that book for me.

And if No'One and Tohr are matched... What the hell is she? Technically she is dead, but the SV took pity on her since she couldn't enter the vamp version if heaven since she killed herself, and she didnt think she deserved hell. So she's not human or a vampire or a ghost...

message 23: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Amanda wrote: "I think I have to say and it pains me to say this but I think V's book was my 2nd least favorite book. The ending seriously pissed me off. I was like WTF!! REALY!?!?!?!? A Ghost?! So stupid!!! And ..."

Honestly why couldn't the Scribe Virgin bring her (Jane) back to life completly? If Ward would have done it right we would have bought it...I mean she's the Scribe Virgin for goodness sakes, If she can make Mary's life span tied to Rhage, she could bring Jane back to life:(

Phury's books was def. my least favorite. I liked all the side characters parts better than his story line! I would have liked it a lot better if there would have been a little bit more interaction between him and Corima.

Okay so I have a question for you all. Putting aside who Tohr might end up with, do you guys want him to have his HEA (knowing it can't be Wellsie)? I was on a different group reading the thread about his upcoming book and I was shocked at what some of the people were saying! A couple of people even said they would rather see Tohr go into the FAde and be with Wellsie and his son, than be with another women. I respect everyones opinion, I just don't agree with that at all, and I was curious if that was a common wish. I adored Wellsie, and it was so very sad he lost her and the baby, but Tohr is still alive (well you know, in fictional land) and in my opionion deserves to be happy. Ward has said that Wellsie was never supposed to be his HEA, so maybe I have been preparing myself for when he does meet his true mate, and I think that Ward can do it where his love for wellsie and his son are still there and appriciated, while at the same time helping him heal and move on. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks about it? It seems to be a very sensitive subject for a lot of people!

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) everyone deserves love and he's not dead. I think if Tohr is going to have a hea she will have to be so totally bad ass that it makes th reader ok ok I can get down with this! however, ward does not necessarily write the best of female characters. bella and Xhex were the most developed female characters in my humble opinion. let's face BDB is all about the brothers! so I don't know if ward can put up a bad ass enough character to beat out wellsie. however saying that... its too soon! hell he was still trying to kill himself up until recently.

message 25: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Amanda wrote: "everyone deserves love and he's not dead. I think if Tohr is going to have a hea she will have to be so totally bad ass that it makes th reader ok ok I can get down with this! however, ward does no..."

I wonder if that's why she is using someone (or rather No'One) from his past, someone that he had already established feelings for. I also think that Ward should have let us get into his brain more in the last couple books! Really the last we really heard from him he was a mess, and coming of a suicide mission. We haven't seen any of his healing, other than a bit with his relationship with JM, and that is very differnt than being ready to start a romantic relationship! Do we know how much time has actually passed, I know it had to be at least a couple of years because vamps carry their young for 18 months right? Does anyone know for sure?

message 26: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) I think he should get his HEA. I loved wellsie too and was horribly dissapointed when her and the baby died. But like you I've heard Ward say she was never supposed to be his HEA. So I've mentally prepared and phyched myself up for when he meets his mate. I'm looking forward to it now I really hope its great! :D

message 27: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

MissAsima wrote: "I think he should get his HEA. I loved wellsie too and was horribly dissapointed when her and the baby died. But like you I've heard Ward say she was never supposed to be his HEA. So I've mentally ..."

I'm glad that Ward had let that be know, or I might be more pissed! But I have had it in the back of my mind, and been prepared. And then I think...What happens in hundreds of years when he does die and goes to the fade, and Wellsie and his new Mate are there? Who does he chill with? Sorry my mind goes to weird places sometimes!lol

message 28: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) @shellbelle- Oh man! I hadn't thought of that! That's a good question. Who would he hang with? I'm not sure how that would work out. I think that wellsie would understand though and be glad he found someone to make him happy. And hopefully his new mate would be understanding and glad that he gets to see them again. Maybe they'd end up being one big happy group. Lol My mind goes to weird places too!I completely understand. :D

message 29: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

Shellbelle wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I think I have to say and it pains me to say this but I think V's book was my 2nd least favorite book. The ending seriously pissed me off. I was like WTF!! REALY!?!?!?!? A Ghost?! So..."

Shell I am right there with you. I loved Wellsie and at the same time I know Tohr misses her dearly just like the rst of us. But I think some how Wellsie is working with Lassiter to help Tohr cope with her loss. Something has definitely been set in motion. It's just that we haven't been clued in as to what. And even though I like the dynamics of Tohr and Wellsie's relationship I want to see him happy again. We all have to understand that even though he can still hold a place for her in his heart doesn't mean that he can't make room for another. Especially if that person makes him happy and alive on the inside. But that is just my opinion.

message 30: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

I agree with everyone about being pissed that Jane's a ghost. I mean seriously if your mother created the vampire race you think she might be able to bring your one true love back to life? Especially since she kept your sister in a prison? Another thing that pissed me off was in Rage's book. Mary can't have children?! We're not going to get to see little Rhage's running around? How disappointing is that?

message 31: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Dawn wrote: "I agree with everyone about being pissed that Jane's a ghost. I mean seriously if your mother created the vampire race you think she might be able to bring your one true love back to life? Especial..."

That is exactly my point! It's insane.

Also I wonder what will happen with the Rhage and Mary baby situation. I can't wait until that novella comes out!

message 32: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

Will they adopt? If so how would that work? Would they adopt a glymera(SP) reject like Quihn or what? I mean they obviously can't adopt a human baby

message 33: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Dawn wrote: "Will they adopt? If so how would that work? Would they adopt a glymera(SP) reject like Quihn or what? I mean they obviously can't adopt a human baby"

Hmm hadn't thought of that. I know in one of the books it talks about Mary wresteling with the idea of letting him get someone else pregnant since invtro doesnt work....I get that she wants an actual part of Rhage in the baby...but I don't think I could do that, I stick with adopting. And I like the idea of adopting the "reject", they would be such amazing parents, Rhage is my fav brother, and I think he would be the best Daddy ever!

message 34: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

I don't think that with the way the bonding works that having Rhage knock up someone else would really work out all that well even if they pick a Chosen to do it. But at the same time I really want to see a little Rhage or little Rhages running around.

message 35: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

From the rumor mill I heard that (view spoiler) but like I said it's from the rumor mill so I am not 100% sure how factual this tidbit is.

message 36: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

So I was thinking about this while I was at work, as someone who loves to write I like to think up my own stuff when an author leaves you at a cliff hanger. So here's the scenario I played out in my head (Totally not saying this will happen this is just what I thought up) The brother's do a raid based on some intel. When they get there a family of the glymera is slaughtered all but a little baby girl barely 6 months old. Rhage and Mary take her in as there are no other relatives.

message 37: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) @dawn-OOooo that would work! I really like that idea it's a great one. Good thinking. :D Do some more! (Lol)

message 38: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

lol I will try

message 39: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

RiN wrote: "From the rumor mill I heard that [spoilers removed] but like I said it's from the rumor mill so I am not 100% sure how factual this tidbit is."

It's not a rumor it's true! I think, only think not know, that she is done already! They were supposed to be released in the spring of this year, but maybe it will be next year! I'll see if I can't find some more info for sure:)

message 40: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) I love this series and can't believe I am up to date :( lol

message 41: by Miss Asima (new)

Miss Asima (MissAsima) @cassie- I always hate waiting for the next one. I'm definitly not a pacient person! :-P

message 42: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) No me neither, I'm lucky that I have so many other series I like. But I am very very looking forward to the next one :)

message 43: by Katherine (new)

Katherine McCarthy (KatMcCarthy) | 42 comments JR is posting some quotes on FB that are coming up in her new book and it makes me so anxious to read it that i'm coming apart..

here's her latest:
"Wrath’s eyes whipped around. “V. Shut your motherf**king face. Or you’re out in the hall.”
Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, was not the kind of male anyone addressed like that. Except, apparently, for Wrath. In this case, the Brother with the tattoos on his face and the perverted reputation and the hand of death did exactly what he was told. He shut the f**k up.
Which said volumes about Wrath. Did it not."
-Lover Reborn (for Norma FINALLY- and I'm working on Rhage but his best part was at the beginning of the book lol)

Gods i love Wrath!!

message 44: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Ӄıȶȶყ ♋ Ӄӈaȶ wrote: "JR is posting some quotes on FB that are coming up in her new book and it makes me so anxious to read it that i'm coming apart..

here's her latest:
"Wrath’s eyes whipped around. “V. Shut your mo..."

I saw this (and a few others) on FB and it's getting me so excited!

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) I am actually so not excited about Tohr's upcoming book. :( I wish I was but I'm not. I really wish she had put us out of misery and finally given us our Qhuay novella, now that one I'm waiting for. Bc I swear if she drags Qhuay out for another book I am done! LOL!

message 46: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

Amanda wrote: "I am actually so not excited about Tohr's upcoming book. :( I wish I was but I'm not. I really wish she had put us out of misery and finally given us our Qhuay novella, now that one I'm waiting for..."

I'm actually with you on this one...I might have some back lash from this, but Tohr has never been my favorite...I don't dislike him, but he does nothing for me. However I'm always excited to get more of the brothers stories. As far as Qhuay goes, again I have to agree...I hate when things get dragged out to the point of loosing the anticipation, it's just more annoying, and after how the last one was left with them it's getting to that point...

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda P (apizzol1) Shell - You are being generous! I'm past that point, I'm still pissed with Lover Unleashed lol! I think it was the worst new release of the year for me.

message 48: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Pringle | 1 comments I am going to try to read the first three books come Jan. They are part of my 2012 challenge. looking forward to it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide (other topics)
Crave (other topics)
Lover Mine (other topics)
Lover Enshrined (other topics)
Lover Unbound (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.R. Ward (other topics)