Paranormal Addicts & Newbies discussion

Discussion Archive > Who has an ereader?

Comments (showing 51-100 of 226) (226 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments Haven't used my kindle for a while as I got carried away downloading books to it and ti started to cost me a fortune. But, I just had some amazon vouchers for my birthday, so I've got the tough job of choosing which books to download of the hundreds of books I want to read. If only money were no object...

message 52: by Kasi (new)

Kasi Blake (KCBlake) | 18 comments I love my Kindle. Don't know what I would do without it. At first I didn't want to give up books with pages, but Kindle is the coolest thing ever.

message 53: by Janelle (new)

Janelle | 3 comments This is my first ever post here.

I have a Nook and an Ipad. I dont really use the Nook any longer since getting the Ipad. I have over 400 books between the 2 devices and I love both.

message 54: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (cindij) | 8 comments I got my Kindle for Christmas..and I must admit..I have read more books so far this year than I have in the past 2 years. I just Love Love my Kindle!!!

message 55: by Lisa M (last edited May 25, 2011 02:18PM) (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments I now have both a Kindle 3 WiFi and a Nook Color. I love the Kindle because it's lightweight and easy on the eyes. The text is nice and sharp. The battery lasts forever. The Nook Color, unfortunately, is heavy and tiresome to hold for long periods of time. I have to charge it every day. OTOH, I can check my e-mail and go out on the Web with it. I look up things on Goodreads and Fictfact when I'm ready to research another book, and finding/buying my next book from B&N is a nicer experience on the Nook Color than on the Kindle when buying from Amazon. I haven't decided yet if I prefer the Kindle 3 or the Nook Color. Maybe I just like them for different things?

message 56: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Blooding (FrankieBlooding) | 3 comments I have a Kindle and I love-love-LOVE it!

message 57: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 55 comments I have a sony and for the first time today it froze on me and drove me insane. I couldnt turn it off or anything so I saw red for a little while until I found the reset on the bottom and stuck a paper clip in it. Anyone else have their readers freeze? I want to know because if starts a trend in doing this me and reader will have words. =o)

message 58: by AH (new)

AH The only time I used that paper clip on the Kobo was when I had to reinstall a pretty major upgrade. I wouldn't do it otherwise.

I haven't had freezing issues with Kobo.

message 59: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (traecrochet) | 179 comments I had a Kobo for about 6 months and then one day it froze. 6 moths later, its still stuck on that screen. I cannot reset it, even using the paperclip.

I went out and bought a Kindle. Its 1000 times better than the Kobo ever was.

message 60: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 5 comments I got the Nook as a birthday present and have been very pleased with it!

message 61: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments I have an Amazon Kindle since a half year and I love it! It's always funny to see the astonished views of other people as soon as I read in the train with the Kindle because in Germany the Kindle isn't well known yet ;-)

message 62: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments The rumor is that Amazon is coming out with a Kindle tablet.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110528/u...

Diamond (kindle lover) (quirkysecrets) | 10 comments I have a kindle fire

message 64: by Katie (new)

Katie (SkateandDonate) | 19 comments I have a Kindle Fire. Before that i read on my Kindle app on my iPod Touch.

message 65: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jessie_87) i have a kobo but have been reading books lately on my mytouch.

message 66: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2012 09:01PM) (new)

Hello. I just got for Christmas a Lenovo Android tablet. I am using it right now to type here. I wasn't sure if to buy a Nook or Kindle at first. I have books from both and was torn in between choosing. So I did my research to find the perfect ereader to get both, and so far it's my safe haven. There is a webite called iqreader I think in where they post more than 300 FREE books daily for Kindle. I have over 1,400 books in just two weeks I think it's been. If you don't get it the same day, sometimes the books goes back to the regular price. Usually or sometimes the author with a book recently out will do this to promote their books and ger ratings.

message 67: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments I now have a Kindle Fire and a Kindle Touch. Love them both for different reasons.

message 68: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bec_mahar) | 15 comments I got my first kindle 2 years ago and I'm onto my second one. Love them!

message 69: by Dale (new)

Dale Modisette (lordshrill) | 333 comments I have a e-reader on my PC but most of the 800+ books are audiobooks

message 70: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Jones | 7 comments I have a Kindle Fire.

message 71: by Dee (new)

Dee (Phonebooklady) I am a junkie...I have the Sony, the Kindle Fire, the regular Kindle and the IPad.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) My first one is the Kindle Fire.

message 73: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Jones | 7 comments Dee wrote: "I am a junkie...I have the Sony, the Kindle Fire, the regular Kindle and the IPad."

WOW!

message 74: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) I have a Kindle that is my favorite electronic device. Ever. (And that's saying a lot since I just got an iPhone)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments I have a sony pocket reader. It's really tiny, but I like it that way. It's travel nice and I like that I can have word doc on there as well as PDF, ebub and a number of others.

Even during a heavy reading spell I don't have to recharge for at least a week and a half. Most of the time I don't even have to charge it for a month.

message 76: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Christen (Jchristen84) | 6 comments I have both the kindle and the nook tablet, definitely love my nook tablet the most though. I also still buy paperbacks or get them from the library when they don't have the ebooks. Anything to save money is a plus lol

message 77: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Miss_Melissa_Renee) | 4 comments you can also go to most libraries and get a e account and get books from them too.

message 78: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 49 comments I got the Kindle Touch for Christmas and I LOVE it! It has saved me so much money. I think I've only purchased 4 or 5 paperbacks since Christmas (which is a miracle for me). I read more now (and faster) than I did before I got the Kindle. I have read approximately 35 or so since Christmas and that was only on the Kindle. I think I've read 2 paperbacks since. I can't tell you how many great FREE books I've downloaded from Amazon. It just amazes me!

For those of you that are interested in Free Amazon books here are two sites that are amazing that you really need to check out:

www.pixelofink.com
www.ereaderiq.com

message 79: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Cynthia.

message 80: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (Amg1512) I have a Nook and I absolutely love it! My husband may kill me due to how many books I go through. I read so much more now that I can get it instantly and I think personally you find a lot more authors this way then with the paperbacks.

message 81: by Susan (new)

Susan WHO DOESN'T ?!?!?

message 82: by Susan (new)

Susan ***DRAMA FREE***Elomari wrote: "Hello....There is a webite called iqreader I think in where they post more than 300 FREE books daily for Kindle. I have over 1,400 books in just two weeks I think it's been. If you don't get it the same day, sometimes the books goes back to the regular price. Usually or sometimes the author with a book recently out will do this to promote their books and ger ratings. "

you can register for the "FREE books" notification from Amazon also - I get emails daily with link to the freebies.

message 83: by [deleted user] (new)

Susan *ARK* wrote: "you can register for the "FREE books" notification from Amazon also - I get emails daily with link to the freebies."

Don't know how? I signed up with them for updates, and all they send me is their daily deal of discount. Thanks Susan for sharing that info.

message 84: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 96 comments I've got the Nook Color and my Mom has the Nook Simple Touch. I usually get our books from B&N, Smashwords, and Diesel ebooks. I have some PDF file books that my brother got elsewhere over the years. Smashwords has a large amount of ebooks for less then $2, and for every type of reader (person, not the machine, but they do offer many of the books for many types of machines)

message 85: by Katya (last edited Feb 16, 2012 05:05PM) (new)

Katya | 86 comments I have a Nook Simple Touch....love it-it fits in my pocket book, hardly weighs anything and no buttons. Plus, I buy alot of books at websites like Smashwords.com, Fictionwise.com, All Romancebooks.com and at publisher websites and occasionally on B&N.

Oh, I have the Nook classic and put it away-just in case-but I think I will put it on ebay or give it away to someone who wants an ereader and can't afford it.

message 86: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 7 comments I tried the nook color when it first came out but I just didn't care for it. BN has a 14 day return policy (at least they did a year ago) if you want to try it out. For Mothers day/birthday/Christmas I got and IPad2 and I like it so much more. I think the bigger screen is the main reason. I also like how slim it is.

message 87: by Susan (new)

Susan http://www.ereaderiq.com/newsletter/

You have to sign up - but it's easy.

if you have a Kindle - this wors well - not sure aboutthe others - these are amazon books - they send you a daily list of FREE based on your selected tastes... like I just had to add EROTICA so they would send me those listings now.

message 88: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks again Susan.

message 89: by Jelena (new)

Jelena (jellenche) My friends came back from the US trip and they bought me a Kindle Touch. Even I declare myself as a huge real-books-made-of-paper fan, I must say that I love this e-ink technology. Now I have an occupation: to make a handmade cover for it :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments That sounds like a fun project to do.

message 91: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 114 comments If you have a Kindle, you can also sign up for the Kindle Daily Deal (just Google Kindle Daily Deal to find it.)

Jelena, you definitely need to post a picture of that cover!

message 92: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 125 comments I got a Sony eReader for Christmas and I absolutely love it... Now I never go anywhere without it lol

message 93: by Em (new)

Em | 15 comments I don't have one. Even though I adore technology I am not fond of an ebook. Food for thought....if I spill coffee on my book it will stain, pages might stick, but it won't fizzle and shock me. Again if I drop my coffee[I am very clumsy]my hardcover book might need some time to readjust to life under the lovely mocha tanning, but it I can still read it. I just have this fear of dropping something on an ebook, and it cease to work. IDK curious of any experiences with ebooks that could sway me otherwise.

message 94: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 114 comments Em wrote: "I don't have one. Even though I adore technology I am not fond of an ebook. Food for thought....if I spill coffee on my book it will stain, pages might stick, but it won't fizzle and shock me. Agai..."

I've been worried about that as well... But now my hubby and daughter each have one, so if I ruin mine, I'll steal theirs ;)

message 95: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments I have a nook color and love it! In the year since I received my nook I have read more than ever before.It is so convenient especially when traveling. I can carry so many books with me at once so there is always something to read!

In fact the only downfall to having my nook is that even when I am in bed in the middle of the night I can still purchase a book....my checking account has suffered from this habit!

message 96: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 125 comments Only downfall to my reader is that I can't read in the dark...

message 97: by Heather (new)

Heather | 279 comments Maddie wrote: "Only downfall to my reader is that I can't read in the dark..."

Oh that's a bummer I can read mine in the dark.

message 98: by AH (new)

AH I think you can buy little clip on lights for the ereaders.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2535 comments I'm fine with turning on a lamp for mine. ^_-

message 100: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (kissmyskittles) I have a Nook Tablet. I absolutely love it. I got it for Christmas so I don't have many books on it yet. The only thing I wish it had was apps from apple.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bubba and the Dead Woman (other topics)