Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Cover change

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista | 3 comments I tried to figure out how to change the cover on this book but when you add an image it says "I understand this is an image relating to content, not the cover" or something along those lines. I couldn't find a thread instructing how to change it. Anyway the cover of this ebook should be the green one with the helmet on it: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/70... not the really old cover. Can someone update it? I will edit the page number later.

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 58 comments Got it for you. You have to delete the current cover in order to be able to upload a new one.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethJustBeth) | 1586 comments Shouldn't that one be an alternative cover?

message 4: by Krista (new)

Krista | 3 comments Thanks, Caroline! I was going to do that, but didn't want to cause problems if that wasn't how to do it.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 25910 comments Mod
Caroline wrote: "Got it for you. You have to delete the current cover in order to be able to upload a new one."

Please DO NOT delete valid covers. Create alternate cover editions instead.

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 58 comments Since it's a Nookbook I didn't see a reason to keep the old one, since when they roll out new covers like that they go and update everyone's cover to the new one (same ISBN permitting, obviously). It's not like physical copies where they can't override your existing edition's cover anymore. The only way to keep the old cover with them is by never connecting to the internet with your Nook or Nook software.

But, since it's considered necessary to make alternative cover editions for these as well, I'll stick to that.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 25910 comments Mod
I do hear the argument you are making. But since the ebook in question (like many ebooks that B&N carries for the Nook, albeit not all of them) actually has an ISBN that is not unique to B&N, but is shared with other ebook sellers, there are almost certainly users out there with the "old" cover.

message 8: by Krista (new)

Krista | 3 comments Yes, I think Kindle is the only one that has their own edition because they use their own file format.

message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 58 comments I wasn't making an argument, I was just laying out my reasoning for it. I understand.

unread topics | mark unread