The Life of a Book Addict discussion

Music/Movies/Art > Water for Elephants!

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) (mbeth45) | 10207 comments Mod
Who's going to see "Water for Elephants?" If you see the movie let us know what you think.

marbear

message 2: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (KristineKae) | 617 comments ooops...just posted on the book area....saw it Friday...it was ok...some of my favorite parts of the book were left out or changed...no humor in the movie...I liked Old Jacobs dry, sarcastic humor.....and Rosie....some of her funny parts were in it.....the ending A BOMB and that's all I can say......

message 3: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (Awaken80) | 278 comments I'm going to see it with my book club on Thursday. I'll let you know what I think, but I don't have high hopes, as I didn't love the book to begin with.

message 4: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) (mbeth45) | 10207 comments Mod
Kristine wrote: "ooops...just posted on the book area....saw it Friday...it was ok...some of my favorite parts of the book were left out or changed...no humor in the movie...I liked Old Jacobs dry, sarcastic humor...."

Hi. I haven't seen the movie yet. I almost always like the book better. "Gone With the Wind," might by an exception.

marbear

message 5: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (SmithJolene) Most times I love the book better than the movie with a few exceptions. I am going to see the movie next Sunday with my book club but don't have high hopes. Perhaps having low expectations will help me like it more!

message 6: by Judi/Judith (last edited Apr 25, 2011 01:13PM) (new)

Judi/Judith Riddle (judipatooti) | 1396 comments I'm going with my daughter this weekend to see WfE. We both loved the book but we are not sure about a "vampire" paying Jacob. LOL

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill (Jillybeans) | 4467 comments The movie seems a little different slant than the book from the trailer. But trailers can be misleading.

I will wait until it is on pay per view on cable.

message 8: by Jolene (new)

Jolene (SmithJolene) I actually really liked the movie. It stayed very true to book with only minor changes. I found it brought the characters to life and surprisingly, they were well cast. Loved Rosie!!!

message 9: by LemonLinda (new)

LemonLinda (lwilliamson42353) I saw it last weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought it stayed very true to the book. The differences were minor and made it work better for a movie version. All of the characters were well cast and the one who played August was excellent for that role. The elephant was great. And for me Pattinson was more of a heartthrob in this movie than in the Twilight movies.

unread topics | mark unread