Romance Audiobooks discussion

Audiobook Discussions > New from Tantor

Comments (showing 1-50 of 299) (299 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Cassie notified me of a new series soon to be released:

News from Tantor Audio:

We have just picked up Cynthia Eden's Deadly series to be narrated by Justine Eyre and Kelly Meding's Dreg City series to be narrated by Xe Sands.
These will be available on CD, MP3-CD, Audible download, and Itunes. So far it looks like these series are slotted to start releasing in late May/early June.

Also we got most of Laurie Notaro's books not sure if that would be big news to the listeners in that group.

Thanks
Cassie

Thanks Cassie!

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments this is so great, that you get this info! attagirl!!

message 3: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (XeSands) | 368 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Cassie notified me of a new series soon to be released:

News from Tantor Audio:

We have just picked up Cynthia Eden's Deadly series to be narrated by Justine Eyre and Kelly Meding's Dreg Cit..."

True enough, Notaro's books cannot be classified by any stretch as romance..but they are absolutely hilarious and not to be missed. So I would say that if any listeners find themselves needing a cool-down after a particularly fabulous romance listen, Notaro's work (narrated by the perfectly cast Hillary Huber) would be the perfect break!

message 4: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments does anyone know if Pamela Clare's I-Team books are available on audio? If not, is there a plan? Tantor? Please? :)

message 5: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments No, they are not available on audio in US (or anywhere to my knowledge). I recently tweeted to Tantor and P. Clare that the I-Team books NEEDED to be picked up. Tantor responded that they would pass that along to licensing... Keeping my fingers crossed!

message 6: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments I might just go ahead and do the same! thx Vic. :)

message 7: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 223 comments Tantor just bought the first two in the FALLEN series I've been writing as Kristina Douglas. They're really resisting paranormal, even though they just agreed to do Nalini's series. I gather the chief honcho is against it and someone else has to push.
Anyway, I'm thrilled, and they'll probably be out beginning and end of June.
I've love it if they got Xe Sands to do them.

MaryK Audiobook | 168 comments Krissie wrote: "Tantor just bought the first two in the FALLEN series I've been writing as Kristina Douglas. They're really resisting paranormal, even though they just agreed to do Nalini's series. I gather the ..."

But paranormal is huge! What's up with that?

BTW, I messaged you.

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments We also just got the Nightshade series (books 1 and 2) by Michelle Rowen both to be read by Cynthia Holloway.

And the Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk.

As soon as I hear anything about narrators for the Fallen or Allie Beckstrom series I'll let you know!

message 10: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 223 comments Cool! Thanks, Cassandra!

message 11: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments great news Krissie - congrats! :)

message 12: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (LeaHensleysAudiobooks) | 1779 comments Krissie wrote: "Tantor just bought the first two in the FALLEN series I've been writing as Kristina Douglas. They're really resisting paranormal, even though they just agreed to do Nalini's series. I gather the ..."

Contrats Krissie! And, of course, we love having the inside scoop on your books.

message 13: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (XeSands) | 368 comments Krissie wrote: "Tantor just bought the first two in the FALLEN series I've been writing as Kristina Douglas. They're really resisting paranormal, even though they just agreed to do Nalini's series. I gather the ..."

I seriously just did a little "SQUEEE" dance after reading that. You are too sweet - thanks, Krissie!

message 14: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 223 comments Smooch!

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 48 comments Her French accent was wonderful!!!

message 16: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk will be read by Emily Durante.

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Cassandra please pass on my heartfelt thanks to Tantor for choosing Angela Dawe for the Psy/Changling series, she was amazing with Slave to Sensation!

Looking forward to Visions of Heat next week!

message 18: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments Will do! Thank you for the feedback. I know Angela will love to hear that.

And I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but I just double checked Visions of Heat and it will now be a 5/30 release date. I have asked them to update the dates and get that on the web. With the first title being pushed we had to maneuver the others around to get them out and still have a simultaneous on Kiss of Snow.

On a happy note.
I just got word that Kristina Douglas's Raziel will be read by Paul Costanzo and Karen White.

message 19: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Thanks Cassandra, I figured it was too good to be true to have the other books stay to the original schedule. :) Since I'm happy to be getting them at all, and thrilled with Angela Dawe, I can be patient.

I'm not familiar with Paul Costanzo but Karen White is awesome! Way to score with the audiobook powers that be Krissie!

message 20: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 223 comments I'm happy happy happy!

message 21: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments We just picked up six books in the Nightwalkers series by Jacquelyn Frank. Narrator to come.

message 22: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments Thanks for the update Cassandra! Do you know if there is any discussion or an evaluation of picking up Pamela Clare's I-Team series? This is a great Romance Suspense series along the line of Brockmann's Troubleshooters except they are investigative reporters.

message 23: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments Good to hear about the Nightwalkers. :)

message 24: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments Karen White posted on Facebook that she's just found out she's doing the second Kristina Douglas book too.

message 25: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 223 comments Oh, cool. As it should be.

message 26: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments To my knowledge we are not going to go for the I-Team series at this time.

message 27: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments Oh, sad :(

message 28: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments Kaetrin wrote: "Oh, sad :(" Agreed! Need the email or twitter account for brilliance audio! :-D

message 29: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments or maybe Penguin audio?

message 30: by Cassandra (last edited May 11, 2011 08:40AM) (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments We just picked up Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews and and the Hexed anthology by Ilona Andrews, Yasmine Galenorn, Allyson James, and Jeanne C. Stein.

Please feel free to send me any suggestions, I can't guarantee that we will pick up the titles. But I can guarantee that every suggestion will be looked into.

message 31: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) | 114 comments Fate's Edge? *steeples fingers* Excellent.... I will look forward to the Ilona Andrews audiobooks and the narrator announcement. Thanks for the heads-up. It let's me adjust any e-book pre-orders I have.

In the "I hold out little hope it will ever happen" category, I would love to see audiobook versions of Meljean Brook's novels. Any of them.

message 32: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments Thanks for all your news Cassandra!

Speaking of Tantor, they're offering free unabridged version of HG Wells' The Time Machine read by Scott Brick here. LIMITED Time and you must have account on their site and be logged in. Worth it IMO.

message 33: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments Thanks for posting that!

message 34: by MaryK Audiobook (new)

MaryK Audiobook | 168 comments Cassandra wrote: "We just picked up Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews and and the Hexed anthology by Ilona Andrews, Yasmine Galenorn, Allyson James, and Jeanne C. Stein.

Please feel free to send me any suggestions, I ca..."

Does Tantor ever buy and republish existing audio recordings?

message 35: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments There are many many factors that go into if we would republish existing audio. Is it a famous recording? How long ago was it made? What is the sound quality? Are the rights available? etc. etc. Most cases would probably result in us not republishing, but creating our own if rights were available.

Also, I had mentioned yesterday but had to remove it to reverify information. Xe Sands is in fact narrating Jacquelyn Frank's The Nightwalkers series. "Jacob" is slotted for a 6/27 release.

message 36: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments I've had the first Nightwalker book on my TBR forever. Knowing Xe Sands will be narrating it and the release date is next month has re-enthused me to start this series. Thanks!

Big YEA for Fate's Edge and Hexed, can't wait. :)

message 37: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments Yes, I'm excited for the new Ilona Andrews titles.

message 38: by Cassandra (last edited May 12, 2011 10:35AM) (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments We just acquired Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here, Black Magic Woman, Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale, and nine titles in the Others series by Christine Warren.

message 39: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (XeSands) | 368 comments Brenda wrote: "I've had the first Nightwalker book on my TBR forever. Knowing Xe Sands will be narrating it and the release date is next month has re-enthused me to start this series. Thanks!

Big YEA for Fate's ..."

Aw, thanks, Brenda! I'll do my best to bring it to life for you!

message 40: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Looking forward to it. :)

message 41: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments I'm looking forward to hearing the Nightwalker books too. :)

message 42: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments The Others series by Christine Warren will be read by Kate Reading.

message 43: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Lucky Christine Warren. The narration of her series will be top notch!

message 44: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 494 comments That is good news! Hopefully Kate Reading (Also known as Jennifer Mendenhall and Johanna Ward) will read even more romances. I enjoy all the books I have read by her.

message 45: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments I was checking out Tantor.com, more like haunting, for Visions of Heat and see that the release date now says 6/6/11 ... and Kiss of Snow's release date says 6/16/11.

No longer a simultaneous release in audio of Kiss of Snow?? Or did somebody mess up the posted date? Please tell me somebody messed up the date. :0

message 46: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) | 114 comments Brenda wrote: "I was checking out Tantor.com, more like haunting, for Visions of Heat and see that the release date now says 6/6/11 ... and Kiss of Snow's release date says 6/16/11.

No longer a simultaneous rele..."

Since Audible has Visions of Heat available today, I am holding out hope that Kiss of Snow will be available as initially listed - tomorrow.

message 47: by Nefertiti (new)

Nefertiti (BlueBreeze) | 14 comments *crosses fingers for a May 31 release*

message 48: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Thanks for the good news Kelli, with family visiting I wouldn't have thought to look.

Maybe it's just the hard copies that got bumped?

message 49: by Nefertiti (new)

Nefertiti (BlueBreeze) | 14 comments Is there any possibility of getting Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series in an audio format? I'd love to listen to that series.

message 50: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 106 comments Sorry to say the entire Psy/Changeling series has had to be pushed because of delays earlier in the series. It happens sometimes, and with a series it becomes a ripple effect.

There is always the possibility that we can get something out sooner than what we have listed on our site, such as with Visions of Heat. I will keep an eye on the title and if I hear anything you will all be the next to know!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Kiss of Snow (other topics)
Visions of Heat (other topics)
Dragon Bound (other topics)
Raziel (other topics)
Wolf at the Door (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Thea Harrison (other topics)
Elizabeth Hoyt (other topics)