Young Writers discussion

Scenes > Make fun of my old writing.

Comments (showing 1-50 of 820) (820 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 10871 comments Mod
Post excerpts from your old/bad writing here. (Or if you don't have a copy of an old story, but you remember the plot, you can just describe it.)

Autumn who is autumny. (breathemyloves) | 4967 comments Ooo, ooo, I still have something online! I can't take it down because if random people comment or like it I inbox spam them with shameless advertisement of When It Rains. I'm not even sure where I planned on going with it. It's terrible. LAUGH:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Hannah | 947 comments I LOVE THIS TOPIC ALREADY. Now to go and dig up some alien/robot/evil mastermind stuff from my past...

message 5: by Hannah (last edited Apr 15, 2011 05:31PM) (new)

Hannah | 947 comments First paragraph to the first story I ever wrote outside of school quite a few years ago:

"I felt a chill and quickly pulled on my winter coat. As I stepped outside I saw an unusual site. I saw a pink and blue glow covering the soot black of the arctic sky. It seemed as though it was alive, the first time I had seen the Aurora Borealis. All the other children had seen it but I had been in a warmer area. As an only child, my parents gave me a lot of attention. They said these harsh winter storms all year would make me sick and frail like all the other people in this town. They hated it here in the Arctic. But I did not. I loved the beautiful blankets of snow that covered the whole city. It might have been cold all the time but the city itself gave off warmth. The kind that you can only get when something is very special to you, the fuzzy, happy kind of warmth."

Yes, I realize that it is very, very bad. LAUGH WITH ME, GUYS. Oh, and I'm still trying to find the alien/robot/evil genius thing...

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (MariaChhile) | 8772 comments Mod
Tehehe.

I wrote this in the summer before 6th grade.
Yes, I realize that was only a year and a half ago. I have improved greatly.

All I remember now is my fear, my mind racing, and the crashing waves thundering in my ears. Then I passed out, and didn’t wake up until I was laying, alone in front of the mansion, with it’s gates open. It looked... grand. Even the wrought iron gates were spectacular. They were painted an eerie black, almost shining in the moonlight. On the top was a pattern of crescent moons alternating with David’s Star. Immediately, I was drawn to it. For some reason, my usual reaction, fear, didn’t kick in. No fear, just awe. The loose gravel crunched beneath my feet as I walked towards it. I touched it, and then as soon as my skin made contact with the cold metal, I knew I shouldn’t have. It wasn’t just cold it was freezing. No, it was more than freezing. It was bone chilling; making me feel like my whole body was turned to ice. I was numb.

Kriss (Krisslee) | 4690 comments ... this is one of my first stories. I flail in shame.

Honey, could you please stop
at the towns grocery store.
We need some apples for a
pie, I will be back a little late
today okay Aret. Love mom.

That was the letter my mother wrote to me, I came home after a walk to find it hung on the fridge with a magnet. I sighed and grabbed my jacket. My mother made me come live in this small town when I finished high school. She had said, “It will be good for you Aret, it will be good to go live in a small town. You might even learn something.” And then she dragged me out to somewhere in Alaska, I didn’t care where I was, I didn’t ask, and I really don’t think I would have liked to hear it.

I ran out the door, and headed to the town. The grocery store was around the middle of town, not hard to find at all. I walked past the outdoor store, then the small coffee shop, and then the town grocer was smack dab in the middle of this blasted trap of a town.

I walked quickly inside wanting to get back to my house. The town had a small grocer it wasn’t too big, just big enough for the necessary products. The fruit section was pretty small; the town only had a few verities. I shuffled trough the pile of apples trying to decide whether or not one was bruised, or to soft, or to hard. I ended up with about a half-dozen apples, they where sort of pricey, considering they where apples. The clerk bagged them, and handed them to me.
The walk home was much colder then the way there, it was starting to snow, not that was strange or anything. I slowly walked through the town. No one was outside anymore, the way here there where children playing in the streets and whatnot.

Hannah | 947 comments I find this topic even more hilarious now because all of you guys' writing from so long ago is actually a bazillion times better than my old writing. o___o

message 9: by Acacia, butts butts butts butts (new)

Acacia (acaciaa) | 3158 comments Mod
Oh man, I don't even want to... it's still all too close to home. XD

message 10: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Yeahhh you guys' bad writing isn't as bad as my old writing. XD I'll have to find some of mine.

message 11: by Acacia, butts butts butts butts (new)

I don't know what you're talking about Brigid, I think the raisin story is destined to be an american classic.

message 12: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Acacia wrote: "I don't know what you're talking about Brigid, I think the raisin story is destined to be an american classic."

OH MAN I need to go find that. RIGHT NOW.

Hannah | 947 comments Come ooon. It can't be worse than "delicate nose". Ugh. I don't know what I was thinking. x_x

Hannah | 947 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Acacia wrote: "I don't know what you're talking about Brigid, I think the raisin story is destined to be an american classic."

OH MAN I need to go find that. RIGHT NOW."

YES. I AGREE.

message 15: by Talia (last edited Apr 15, 2011 05:55PM) (new)

Talia | 605 comments My old writing? That's a riot. Truly, I laugh and cringe when I read it.

This is from third grade, I shall not edit the grammar. It's also entirely fictional...my name is not Julia :P Please keep in mind I was learning English, as it was my first year in America.

The Magic Marshmallow

Hi, I'm Julia and today is my birthday. I am 8 years old. "Happy Birthday to you" everybody was singing. I was really excited because I wanted to see my gifts. My grandma gave me a necklace. It was beautiful. My brother only gave me a really beautiful marshmallow. I didn't want to eat it because it was so beautiful. After school I decided to talk with my marshmallow but he cannot talk. "Hi little marshmallow, your name is Mash! Okay?" "OK." said someone. "Who said that?!" I was afraid of that voice. "I'm Mash"

*eye twitch* It was written exactly like that. I just can't bring myself to type the rest XD

message 16: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Talia wrote: "My old writing? That's a riot. Truly, I laugh and cringe when I read it.

This is from third grade, I shall not edit the grammar. It's also entirely fictional...my name is not Julia :P Please keep ..."

LOL. *cracks up* I love that! :D

Talia | 605 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Talia wrote: "My old writing? That's a riot. Truly, I laugh and cringe when I read it.

This is from third grade, I shall not edit the grammar. It's also entirely fictional...my name is not Julia :..."

Hahaha I know right?! The weird thing is the fact that it had an elaborate plot line and stuff O____o

message 18: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Okay so, when I was 12 I had this ongoing collection of random short stories called The Happy Raisin. I just wrote whatever random thing came into my head. It was fun. I kind of want to do keep writing it … But anyway. Here is something strange that came out of my 12-year-old mind. It's supposed to be bad and all, but it's still pretty disturbing. O_o

Chapter 33
The Jolly Sea Monster

In the ocean there lived a jolly sea monster. Everyone called him Axe Murderer for some reason, but that’s a completely different story. So Axe Murderer was having a pleasant conversation with the cute little singing mermaids.

“Hello cute little singing mermaids!” he sang out. “And isn’t it such a lovely day!”

“Yeah, like, whatever!” they said, rolling their eyes, because they thought that the jolly sea monster was like a total nerd! So they flipped their blonde hair, said “Hmph!” and left.

The Jolly Sea Monster laughed his jolly jolly jolly laugh. “HO HO HO HO HO!!!”

“LO-O-O-OSER!” the mermaids called.

“Ha ha ha,” said the mermaids in their annoying squeaky voices, “You can’t find us! Try and do it!”

“HO HO HO,” said the Jolly Sea Monster. Then he looked around, up and down, left and right, but he could not see the annoying stuck-up rascals!

“Darn!” he said, “I hate those stupid mermaids who act like idiots!”

And he must have really meant it because Axe Murderer never said that he hated anything. So those mermaids must have been a real pain in the butt! And they were probably hiding somewhere stupid, because they were stupid. And as a matter of fact, they were hiding somewhere stupid and idiotic: in a stinging anemone!

“OOOOOOOOOOOW!!!” they squealed, “It’s like stinging us!”

But they were too stupid to swim away from it. So they just stood there, getting stung and screaming.

Then the Jolly Sea Monster said, “Ooooh, I can hear the mermaids’ screaming! Totally cool! Now I can find those annoying bratty rascals!”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!” said the mermaids, “He’s going to find us! We have to stop screaming. But we can’t stop screaming. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!”

“Any second now,” said Axe Murderer, “I will find them! HEE HEE HEE! HO HO HO!”

And then he saw them sitting and screaming in the stinging sea anemone!

“HO HO HO! I see ‘em now!” he cried triumphantly! He had never won at hide-and-seek before, so he was very very very happy! Very jolly indeed! He couldn’t believe that he had found them! He was so happy that he sang, “LA LA LAAAAA!”

And of course, he had never had singing lessons, so his voice sounded like rocks grinding together, and a dying cow-mermaid!

“OMG!” said the mermaids, “That music is like totally hurting our stupid little ears!”

So they decided to go to the mall, instead. But they were stupid so they went into a sea-anemone store, and got stung some more by all of the stinging sea anemones!

Then the Jolly Sea Monster stopped singing, and the mermaids were gone! Too bad. Poor little Axe Murderer. He was very sad, because after he had won his first game of hide-and-seek, the mermaids had disappeared. Awwwwwww, poor little sea monster! He needs a hug! He sobbed and sobbed and sobbed and the level of the ocean grew by about two feet! OMG that’s a lot!

Then lots of little fishies came and comforted the Jolly Sea Monster and he felt much better.

“We hate the mermaids,” said the fishies, “They like to eat us!”

“Well,” said the Jolly Sea Monster, “They act idiotic when I’m around. And now that you’ve comforted me little fishies, I’M GOING TO EAT YOU!!!!”

So he gobbled up the fishies!!! And they punched him inside his stomach, so he barfed them out, and they swam away, shouting bad words at him, and saying “We’re freeeeeee!!!!!”

And then Axe Murderer ate himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia (Lav) | 22549 comments Mod
This is from one of my first stories, in 6th grade. Hehe.

"Philip turned and looked around, but all he saw in the dusky light were four grey walls, and some chains. “Where am I?” he wondered aloud. Emerald! He had to save Emerald! They were taking him away! He must get her in time. Fragile little Em, with her fiery red hair so easy to get upset. He slumped down into the corner to weak to stay conscious. If he would have been awake he could have heard a voice calling his name, but he couldn’t hear anything."

Hannah | 947 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Okay so, when I was 12 I had this ongoing collection of random short stories called The Happy Raisin. I just wrote whatever random thing came into my head. It was fun. I kind of want to do keep wri..."

OH MY GOSH BRIGID. Oh my gosh. I'm breathless. That was a wild ride.

But really, that was amusing. I love it. :D

message 21: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Hannah wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Okay so, when I was 12 I had this ongoing collection of random short stories called The Happy Raisin. I just wrote whatever random thing came into my head. It was fun. I kind of ..."

Heh, thanks ;)

Alicia (Lav) | 22549 comments Mod
♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Okay so, when I was 12 I had this ongoing collection of random short stories called The Happy Raisin. I just wrote whatever random thing came into my head. It was fun. I kind of want to do keep wri..."

I think... I'm emotionally traumatized... the images... in my head. Make them stop. MAKE THEM STOP.

message 23: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

YAY. There are more disturbing things in that story, if you'd like to see them. (There are 169 chapters.)

Hannah | 947 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "YAY. There are more disturbing things in that story, if you'd like to see them. (There are 169 chapters.)"

THE MORE THE MERRIER. Amuse me! :D

message 25: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

OKAY. Um. *searches for a good chapter*

message 26: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Chapter 34
OMG is that ever ANNOYING!!!

OMG, you know what’s really annoying? Okay. Whatever. Forget that. Well, let’s get on anyway. OOOOH!! I know something really annoying! TELEMARKETERS! AND INFORMERCIALS! AND WHEN YOU TURN ON THE RADIO ‘CAUSE YOU WANT TO HEAR YOUR FAVORITE SONG, AND IT’S PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE SONG BUT IT’S THE END OF YOUR FAVORITE SONG, AND YOU HAVE TO PUNCH THE RADIO AND SCREAM “NOOOOOO!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!” AND THEN THE RADIO SAYS “GONNA EAT YOU GONNA CATCH YOU GONNA KILL YOU GONNA CHASE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” AND THEN YOU HAVE TO RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES SCREAMING WITH A KILLER RADIO FOLLOWING YOU AND YOU TRIP OVER A PICKLE, AND BREAK YOUR TOE, AND YOU HAVE TO SIT THERE SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER WHILE THE EVIL RADIO IS APPROACHING YOU AND TRYING TO EAT YOU!!!!!! But whatever, the radio doesn’t eat you afterall, it eats itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK radios don’t eat! Duh! Stuuuuuuupid!!!

So what else is annoying? What else is going on? Well, I know something annoying! FARTING IN SOMEONE’S FACE, THAT’S WHAT I CALL ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or like really dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know what else is annoying? EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay. Whatever. Do you know anything else stupid or annoying or idiotic? What is it? HAVING A BELCHING CONTEST AND GROSSING PEOPLE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really dumb. Oh well. Whatever. Well, I know something reallly really annoying! WHEN YOU CUT SOMEONE’S HAIR SHORTER THAN THEY WANT IT TO BE SO THEY’RE AS BALD AS A PING-PONG BALL AND THEY LIKE STRANGLE YOU ‘CAUSE THEY’RE SO MAD!!! AND THEN YOU HAVE TO LIKE GIVE THEM THEIR MONEY BACK AND PLUS YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE THEY BROKE YOUR EYEBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU DIDN’T THINK YOU COULD BREAK YOUR EYEBALLS, DID YA? WELL, HA! BECAUSE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

That was really dumb! Yeah, well, Yeah, I think so. At least I think so. So there! Ha ha! That’s the big deal! The end!!! Well, that was another idiotic chapter for ya, folks!

Hannah | 947 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Chapter 34

OMG, you know what’s really annoying? Okay. Whatever. Forget that. Well, let’s get on anyway. OOOOH!! I know something really annoying! TELEMARKETERS! AND ..."

Beautiful! <3 Very thought provoking. Wiping away my tears right now.

Reminds me of some of my sister's stories...

message 28: by Baxter, butts butts butts (last edited Apr 15, 2011 06:54PM) (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 2454 comments Mod
♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Chapter 34

OMG, you know what’s really annoying? Okay. Whatever. Forget that. Well, let’s get on anyway. OOOOH!! I know something really annoying! TELEMARKETERS! AND ..."

Not going to lie, that reminded of when Sella gets really excited about something. I mean that lovingly of course.

Hannah | 947 comments Excerpt from "The Secrets of Ice Cream" by my sister, which she emailed to me.

"The breath taking story of two
that weren't meant to be
in a sad story of guilt
and happiness
plus rivalry

(...)

The rivalry between suzie and bob
continues will a secret keep bob guilty
and change him back to a plain fudge bar?
Will Suzie ever be taken back? Find out in
The secrets of icecream"

Tragic. Beautiful. I'm going to have to ask her to write a sequel.

Baxter wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Chapter 34

OMG, you know what’s really annoying? Okay. Whatever. Forget that. Well, let’s get on anyway. OOOOH!! I know something really annoying! ..."

Yes, yes.XD

message 31: by Acacia, butts butts butts butts (new)

Baxter wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Chapter 34

OMG, you know what’s really annoying? Okay. Whatever. Forget that. Well, let’s get on anyway. OOOOH!! I know something really annoying! ..."

Ahahahahaha. It totally does.

message 32: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Baxter wrote: "Not going to lie, that reminded of when Sella gets really excited about something. I mean that lovingly of course. "

Why thank youuu. I take that as a huge compliment. lol :P

GSGS | 68 comments Err, the story I wrote for a writing competition (which, strangely enough, I won 0_0) - it was about some prince whose father didn't have a thumb. THAT'S RIGHT, A THUMB. So the prince went on some random quest to find the thumb.

o.0

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Brigid, thank ou for posting those and making my day. You're amazing.

God, my stuff is terrible. I'll find the worst of it in the morning. OOOOH I'LL FIND ONE OF Y PICTURE BOOKS I USED TO MAKE WHEN I WAS FIVE!

Mandy  | 10724 comments Hannah wrote: "I find this topic even more hilarious now because all of you guys' writing from so long ago is actually a bazillion times better than my old writing. o___o"

Amen. I had really really bad writing. Still do, sadly. Oh well.

Mandy  | 10724 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Okay so, when I was 12 I had this ongoing collection of random short stories called The Happy Raisin. I just wrote whatever random thing came into my head. It was fun. I kind of want to do keep wri..."

DUDE. I wrote a small collection of corny stories. One was about a giant that couldn't rhyme.

And that made me crack up, really really hard.

RedPath | 853 comments O.o

You guys wrote way better than I did when I first started. My dialouge was always stiff and unrealistic ans the subjects were a lot happier and childlike than these...

message 38: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Cara [I don't need a parachute] wrote: "Brigid, thank ou for posting those and making my day. You're amazing.

God, my stuff is terrible. I'll find the worst of it in the morning. OOOOH I'LL FIND ONE OF Y PICTURE BOOKS I USED TO MAKE WH..."

Haha you are quite welcome.
I should post more but I'm on my mom's iPad right now. :P

RedPath wrote: "O.o

You guys wrote way better than I did when I first started. My dialouge was always stiff and unrealistic ans the subjects were a lot happier and childlike than these..."

Oh, the stuff when I wrote when I first started... I don't even know where it is. But I can ssure you you do not want to read it.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Please don't judge me. This is me from 3rd grade.

"Cara's book of wisdom"

Chapter 1: What not to do and give to Colin

Colin is my brother. If you run into him do not give him your candy. He is a bad speller. You should get revenge on him sometime.
(me now: O__________O)

Chapter 2: Kevo

Kevo is my other bother. Do not upset him. He is really my pet?? not really.

Chapter 3: Restaurants (fro some reason only this chapter is written in cursive)

If the restaurant has a funny name don't go to it. If it's shaped funny don't go to it

*horrible drawing of a fish shaped restaurant with a manatee and train on top named "Mena Choo Choo"*

Chapter 4: Fish

Do not upset fish they *in cursive*can attack at any time*end cursive*. If they don't have two eyes and are at a restaunt don't eat the food. If the drinks have weird floating things in it leave

I can't wait to find my picture books. Something was wrong with me O_O

Bahahahhahahahahahaha.

Ahahahahah.
Aha.
*dies of laughter*

I wish I had known little Cara.

message 42: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

*cracks up*!!! That is so adorable. XD

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I SHALL POST MY DIARY ENTRIES. ALL 4 OF THEM.

Mon. May 24 2004 (third grade)

Dear diary,

Today I saw some really cool clouds They looked as if they had been painted in the sky! I saw people, dogs, and even pigs!I wanted to get Colin a graduation gift from party city, but he said I shouldn't but I still want to get him something.

Wed. May 26 2004

Dear Diary,
Today was feild trip day at my school. My grade went bowling and then went to see "Shrek 2".
My brother Colin graduated yesterday from 8th grade. He also got his braces out.

Thurs. May 27 2004

Dear Diary,

Today was the last day of school! I got a trophy at the assembly. It was for getting past the 200 point club, I made it to the 300 point club (Note: anyone else do the Accelerated Reading/AR points at their school? It was for reading. I got a trophy for reading. I was so badass).

I can't wait until the pool opens because I'm so bored!

July 4 2004
Dear Diary,

Today is going to be the worst fourth of July ever. I'm having a horrible day and I'm going to have a horrible night.

O_______O I really need to find my picture books

You. Were. Adorable.

Oh! I have a diary entry.

Yes, and you are going to show them to me.

3/16/06
2nd grade

Today I did my very first Irish dance performance with Erin, Keelan, and Michaela! I did it at school for St. Patrick's day (St. Patrick's day is really tomorrow but Michaela and KEElan will be gone..)I did it in front of about 16 students, the librarian, another librarian, and my phy ed teacher. They all loved it!

Note:
I do not remember this particular event that was important enough to be the sole entry in my diary for a year. Also on the side of the page it says two things
tomorrow
and tommorow

message 46: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Oh yeah! We did a reading thing like that too. Only it was called Reading Counts. Like, we got points for reading books and at certain points you got prizes.

It pissed me off because we could only read books from a list ...

message 47: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Heh, I should dig up my old diaries. Oh mannn.

I just found an entire folder of my old writing.

Oh deaarr.

message 49: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

I know exactly where all my old writing is … I'm just afraid to look at it. (And too lazy to type it up.)

"Once there were a man and a women with a boy named Sam and a girl named Ashely. Sam is 5 and Asheley is 7 but they're vary mad right now becus when they were a baby when Justin(?) born."

I've been trying to make sense of this for years. My mom said I wrote it right when I learned how to write my letters when I was 3 or so. Ahhh.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rampant (other topics)