Amazon Kindle discussion

Book Related Banter > How many TBR books are on your Kindle right now?

Comments (showing 151-200 of 406) (406 new)    post a comment »

message 151: by Michelle (new)

Michelle 93 at the last count, but I think the number is probably a few higher than that by now. You know how it is... read one, add three.... read one, add six... etc. :)

message 152: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 106 comments Michelle wrote: "I get several emails a day of lists of free or cheap books for me to check out..and I do!

Deb, where could I go to get on an e-mail list like that?"

I'd be interested in getting on a list like that, too... Some internet research needed, I think

message 153: by Lora (new)

Lora (loraberry) Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I get several emails a day of lists of free or cheap books for me to check out..and I do!

I'd be interested in getting ..."

pixelofink.com will send you daily emails about free and bargain books plus on facebook look up ereaderiq and they have a website. I have over 500 books TBR on my kindle and they were all free.

message 154: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 106 comments Lora wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I get several emails a day of lists of free or cheap books for me to check out..and I do!

I'd be in..."

You're a doll, thank you very much!!

message 155: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrissyp) | 5 comments 125! And I am reading 2 books at once right now. I have NEVER done that! Oh the joys of my Kindle!

message 156: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) I have 9 actual books to be read and 60 samples! My Kindle IS my bff!

message 157: by Lora (new)

Lora (loraberry) Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Lora wrote: "Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I get several emails a day of lists of free or cheap books for me to check out..and I do!

Deb, where could I go to get on an e-mail list like that..."

your very welcome!! :)

message 158: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (Delaney_Diamond) 43 and counting...

message 159: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (chasethegoal) | 5 comments 15. I have more tucked away in the Archive. Right now I'm on my "summer reading spree" so the only ones I have are the ones I want to finish before school.

message 160: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 61 comments Thanks for the link, Laura!

message 161: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) I have over 200 samples to look at and at least 175 books tbr on my kindle atm. I tend to read anywhere from 3 to 7 books at once though so I move fairly quickly.

message 162: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) I have 12 (full books) in my TBR folder and about 65 samples in my samples folder! It grows on a daily basis though!

message 163: by Jeffrey (last edited Jul 27, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) I have about 4 samples on my Kindle app (sorry, I have an iPad!), and nothing else definitive lined up at the moment. I'm a little more picky. :)

I'm always browsing the threads looking for that next great book. Scott's thread, from a couple of posts down, is a veritable treasure trove in finding good new material.

Jeez, after reading other the posts from other people, I feel rather inadequate... :) Gonna have to start looking for more samples!

message 164: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (krislibo87) | 1 comments Right now I have 10. I'm constantly buying more though. Everytime I go to target I buy another amazon gift card! It's an addiction!!

message 165: by Helen (new)

Helen I'm now at 58, mine is also steadily increasing.

message 166: by [deleted user] (new)

I used to not download a book until I was finished reading the one I was on, but I've been coming across some great free ones/cheaper ones, that I couldn't pass them up. I now have 8 TBR on my Kindle, which is miniscule compared to many of you, but a lot for me and the way I used to do it!

message 167: by Gene (new)

Gene Rosso Ok, reading the posts I don’t feel so bad having 38 on my TBR list. My biggest problem is I forget sometimes why I grabbed the book and have to go to Goodreads or Amazon to re-read the reviews.
I worry someday I might not find anything that interests me.

message 168: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (BlondeBookAddict) | 4 comments I probably have a good 20 TBR books on my kindle. I grab them when I find interesting ones for free or for really cheap, before their prices skyrocket again. But that doesnt stop me from constantly searching for newer books along the way. I believe we all share that addiction haha.

message 169: by Helen (new)

Helen Gene, that's what I do. I look at my title and think 'huh?' I really need to make a dent in my paperbacks!

message 170: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethsBookReviews) | 19 comments I currently have 28, not including ones for review. Plus I have another 9 just sitting in my "Misc" folder in case I get really desperate and have nothing to read one day! :)

message 171: by Elle (last edited Aug 12, 2011 03:44PM) (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) *coughs* em. 401.

*walks away slowly*

(Okay. In my defence I follow the RSS feed for the free books on Amazon UK and I literally download all the ones that look interesting PLUS I literally have a boat load of free classics. I've only really bought... 67.)

*needs help*

message 172: by Helen (new)

Helen Excuse my ignorance but RSS?

message 173: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethsBookReviews) | 19 comments Helen wrote: "Excuse my ignorance but RSS?"

RSS is the format of a website/blog/etc. in a feed that you can read in a reader (Google Reader, etc.) or your e-mail program.

http://www.whatisrss.com/

RSS is freaking awesome, but the way! :)

message 174: by Helen (new)

Helen Thanks, Beth.

message 175: by Collene (new)

Collene | 13 comments 187 to be read

message 176: by Mahlon (new)

Mahlon (mahlon32) | 14 comments 552
--Mahlon--

message 177: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) I'm nowhere near as bad as you guys!! loo, TBR: 46 and Samples/To Buy: 92! But compared to your numbers, this is nuttin! =)

message 178: by Mirela (new)

Mirela (AnenomeLuv) I have about 248, which includes mostly freebies.

message 179: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) So many I have to remove to archives to make room for new ones. Love the choices.

message 180: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Shirley wrote: "So many I have to remove to archives to make room for new ones. Love the choices."

Shirley, I'm just as bad (or good! lol) as you! I also have a memory card which is just about full. What an addiction I have...but better (not to mention cheaper) than some other addictions out there!

message 181: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (ShirleytheKindlereader) Ginger wrote: "Shirley wrote: "So many I have to remove to archives to make room for new ones. Love the choices."

Shirley, I'm just as bad (or good! lol) as you! I also have a memory card which is just about ..."

I also have a house full of hard cover/soft cover/paperback/cassette/CD/ and now I have moved to audible so they don't need shelves (except for virtual ones on Goodreads).

message 182: by Ginger (last edited Sep 16, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

Ginger Shirley wrote: "I also have a house full of hard cover/soft cover/paperback/cassette/CD/ and now I have moved to audible so they don't need shelves (except for virtual ones on Goodreads)."

Yep...I'm the same way but no books on CD. My bookshelves here in the living rm must have at least 500 paperbacks/hardbacks....PLUS I have a tote bag full of library books! :) I also have books in totes (which I've read) and packed away because I don't want to get rid of them (they were gifts or my fav author).

message 183: by S (new)

S | 23 comments At this time I have about 25. I'm really gonna have to buckle down this winter and do some serious reading. Also, just like Shirley I have shelves full of hard cover and paperback books as well. I have the nerve to be heading to Borders book store before they close to get more good deals on some great reads... this will never end.

message 184: by S (new)

S | 23 comments Wow...many. About 30 books. As soon as I hear of a novel I want I download it. That'ts a bad habit I have that makes my TBR list so long.

message 185: by Paul (new)

Paul (latepaul) I just added a "Read" and "Unread" collections to my Kindle and I have 70 unread books. Although to be fair there are about 20 that are individual short stories.

message 186: by Mahlon (new)

Mahlon (mahlon32) | 14 comments As of today 575.

--Mahlon--

message 187: by Helen (new)

Helen I'm about 70.

message 188: by DJ =^^= (new)

DJ =^^= (debzee) | 32 comments I have 72. Every two weeks i keep downloading the free books or buy new books...my pile keeps getting larger and larger....

message 189: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Pietro | 16 comments I thought I had a lot of to-read books on my kindle but seeing how many you guys have I really don't have that many. I have 48 and hope soon to get through most of them. I still love reading hardcovers so I step away from my kindle once in a while to feel the paper between my fingers. Still I love my kindle and can't wait to upgrade to the new ones.

message 190: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (Chantelle13) | 8 comments About 300. :(
And I can't decide what to read. I have the entire Pixel of Ink free book list from Christmas on there. Any suggestions?

message 191: by Karen M (new)

Karen M A bit over 100 and that's on the Kindle App on my notebook. Waiting for delivery on my Kindle Touch.

message 192: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (Pebblesy) | 1 comments I have around 150 now. I finally created a grouping of my to read books on here for ones on my kindle so I can see what I have easier and choose my next read... it's helped a little but I still struggle with what to choose next!!

message 193: by Helen (new)

Helen I have the same problem, I tend to read 3 club reads, and 2 that grab me. They always seem to be new downloads though rather than those sitting there.

message 194: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Jones (MzAware28) | 1 comments I have a little over 100

message 195: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (Chantelle13) | 8 comments it may or may not be somewhere around 500...

message 196: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 77 comments More than I can count?? And seem to add more "freebies" daily!!

Diamond (kindle lover) (quirkysecrets) | 15 comments 28,I have 32 books

message 198: by Char (new)

Char Right now, I'm at 60 To be read plus 15 short story anthologies to be read.

message 199: by Karen M (new)

Karen M 470...all free downloads. Don't know if they're all going to be read but I got them.

message 200: by Helen (new)

Helen I'm up to 83. I'd like to say I don't know how it happens but the one click button attacks me all the time!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Burn Out (other topics)
Maid for Me (other topics)
The Owl Killers (other topics)
Room (other topics)
Ghost Box: Six Supernatural Novels (other topics)