Amazon Kindle discussion

Sales and Cheap Books > Books for $2.99 or less

Comments (showing 1-50 of 612) (612 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (sunwriter) | 327 comments Mod
List any books for $2.99 or less

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace Elliot (httpwwwgoodreadscomGraceElliot) | 34 comments Are we allowed to mention our own books?
(Only I saw your comment about authors taking over and I dont mean to...)

message 3: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (sunwriter) | 327 comments Mod
If your book fits in this category, go right ahead. =)

message 4: by Thea (new)

Thea Atkinson (TheaAtkinson) | 42 comments I recently picked up Take No More and am looking forward to reading that...2.99

message 5: by Andre Jute (last edited Apr 13, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Andre Jute (AndreJute) | 57 comments Christmas Eve Can Kill You by William Marantz
Not my own, but an amusing thriller that I reviewed well, $2.99

message 6: by Andre Jute (last edited Apr 13, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Andre Jute (AndreJute) | 57 comments THE LARSSON SCANDAL the unauthorized guerilla critique of Stieg Larsson by Andre Jute
Literary criticism, $2.99

message 7: by Cheryl Anne (new)

Cheryl Anne Gardner Novellas priced at $1.99 in various genres.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

message 8: by John (new)

John Allen (JohnPaulAllen) | 27 comments Sometimes we can't help who we love ... Sometimes we can't help what we love ... Monkey Love. A novella for $1.99 @ http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Hilborne (JFHilborne) | 8 comments $2.99 new mystery/thrillers: No Alibi Madness and Murder

message 10: by Paul (new)

Paul Donovan | 26 comments Harold's life as an accountant was pretty boring, and he liked it that way. He and his best friend Connie had grown up together in a California sea side community in relative anonymity, but their lives would change forever when they decided to stop for dinner at Mr. Doshi's Chinese Take Out and Gift Emporium. Great personal tragedy, workplace espionage, and unbelievable destiny will rip them from their ho-hum lives and begin an adventure for the ages.

Buy it here for $1.99

message 11: by Aspho (new)

Aspho (asphodelia) I thoroughlly recommend 'House of Skin', a collection of short stories by Kiana Davenport:

http://tinyurl.com/3zjseze

message 12: by Simon (new)

Simon Dunn (sighdone) | 18 comments Rotten Apple is a "noir masterpiece" that "will make you laugh out loud. Perfect!"

It's written by an Emmy Award winning comedy writer.

Rotten Apple  Seven Deadly Stories From The City Of Sin by Simon Dunn

And I thoroughly recommend Murderson, a taut murder thriller that is gripping and brilliant.

Murderson by Mark Yarwood

message 13: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (RileySteel) | 4 comments hi there we have several short ebooks now on amazon kindle

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

message 14: by Leland (new)

Leland | 1 comments Of course I'd recommend my Border Collie's book, Angelo's Journey. He's quite an accomplished author, not to mention being handsome. It's the story of his dognapping, and how he made his way home, mending a few lives along the way.

Angelo's Journey by Angelo Dirks

message 15: by Letizia (new)

Letizia Sechi (letiziasechi) you can see also books by 40k for 0.99$ http://www.amazon.com/40k-Books/lm/R2...

message 16: by Gail (last edited Jun 25, 2011 01:31AM) (new)

Gail Baugniet | 30 comments Aloha, Everyone. I am a new author, Gail M Baugniet. My first Pepper Bibeau mystery, FOR EVERY ACTION There Are Consequences, is available on Kindle for $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/EVERY-ACTION-Th...

Pepper Bibeau's insurance investigations for a Wisconsin-based company sometimes involve a murder, but she never thought she would cause one. (Please click on above link for full synopsis entered under Editorial Reviews.)FOR EVERY ACTION There Are Consequences

message 17: by Aspho (new)

Aspho (asphodelia) Just finished 'Origin' by J.A. Konrath - £1.79 (Amazon UK)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Origin/dp/B00...

Will post a review later but I must admit to rather enjoying this. It's not highbrow entertainment but I stayed up until 2:00 this morning to finish it so it did its job!

message 18: by L.K. (new)

L.K. Rigel (likari) | 13 comments The first two books in the Apocalypto series are 2.99 or less:

Space Junque (Apocalypto, #1) by L.K. Rigel and Spiderwork (Apocalypto, #2) by L.K. Rigel

message 19: by Joel (new)

Joel (JoelArnold) | 31 comments My novel Northwoods Deep - 2.99 - is featured on Ereader News Today:

http://ereadernewstoday.com/book-of-t...

Northwoods Deep by Joel Arnold

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

Where there is love and power, there is always Betrayal.

Download my novel Betrayal for $0.99 here: http://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-The-De...

You can leave me a message here at goodreads with your thoughts on it .

message 21: by Paul (new)

Paul Clayton | 17 comments I have one book for $0.99 but not for long. I priced it that way to entice people to try the series (Calling Crow, Flight of the Crow, and Calling Crow Nation), but now it's time to price it at $2.99 like the others. I just raised the price at Smashwords but it will be a while before it exports that new price to B&N and other sellers.

message 22: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Gordon (Christopher_Gordon) | 8 comments A dystopian society forces High school children to become Gladiators fighting Dinosaurs for freedom in... the Dinosaur Games.
$0.99 The Dinosaur Games by Christopher Gordon The Dinosaur Games  Revenge of the Gladiator by Christopher Gordon $2.99

message 23: by Bella (new)

Bella Street (bellastreet) | 11 comments Christopher wrote: "A dystopian society forces High school children to become Gladiators fighting Dinosaurs for freedom in... the Dinosaur Games.
$0.99The Dinosaur Games by Christopher Gordon[bookcover:The Dinosaur Gam..."

LOL This looks awesome!

message 24: by Bella (new)

Bella Street (bellastreet) | 11 comments Paul wrote: "Woo Hoo! Got my first review! Amazing feeling to have someone read your book and love it!

Check it out here!"

Congrats! And it's a good one!

message 25: by Paul (new)

Paul Donovan | 26 comments (Computer malfuntion - deleted first comment, here it is again)

Woo Hoo! Got my first review! Amazing feeling to have someone read your book and love it!

Check it out Here

message 26: by Paul (new)

Paul Donovan | 26 comments Bella wrote: "Paul wrote: "Woo Hoo! Got my first review! Amazing feeling to have someone read your book and love it!

Check it out here!"

Congrats! And it's a good one!"

Thank you, Bella!

message 27: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I am currently reading Paper Roses (Texas Dreams, #1) by Amanda Cabot and its is free for kindle and its very good so far.

message 28: by Seb (last edited May 07, 2011 06:25AM) (new)

Seb (SebKirby) | 23 comments Hi

Take No More by Seb Kirby

For James Blake, a single act turns his life upside down.

He comes home to find his wife, Julia, shot and bleeding. She dies in his arms.

The police are no help. He's sure they're trying to fit him up for the murder.

He checks Julia's messages and finds just one. It says 'help me'. It comes with a strange image of a woman being seduced. It's all he has to go on. That and the fact that someone is trying to kill him.

But he will find Julia's killers, no matter what it takes.

Praise for 'Take No More':

'This is action-packed from page one, and the reader is instantly thrust into murder, suspense, and intrigue.........The writing gives you the feel of actually being in Italy - you can taste and smell it. The plot is action-packed and a real page-turner........ I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a great crime thriller! And fans of Harlan Coben and Simon Kernick will love it!'

'A cracking read.'

'This is an outstanding debut novel by Seb Kirby. He captivates the reader from the first page, and remains gripping and compelling throughout. I could not put this book down...'

'Take No More is my favorite kind of thriller.....'

'Take No More has a well crafted plot with a neat ironic twist at the end.....'

'Take No More' is fast-paced, 69,000 words, about 260 print pages.

Take No More is out now on Kindle at $2.99.

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Bull | 2 comments E-version of my book "fragments" by Tracy Bull for only $1.99.
All 5-star reviews. Here's just one:
5.0 out of 5 stars Most Thought Provoking Book in Years!, May 9, 2011
By Joy - See all my reviewsThis review is from: fragments (Paperback)
Fragments is a must-read for anyone who loves books! It is by far the most thought-provoking book I've read in quite some time. While reading the words, you actually feel what the main character is feeling. You would never guess that this is a debut novel, as the words flow so brilliantly! As the story came to a close, I felt myself wanting more. It made me actually use my brain, which a lot of books today lack, and I was quite surprised with the ending - and it's very difficult to surprise me! I can't wait to see what else this author has planned!!

message 30: by Sorilla (new)

Sorilla (SorillaReads) | 2 comments I just finished "The Targets" by Sebastian Dark,I like it very much, it has great reviews too and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
I bought it from Amazon Kindle store when it first come out for $2.99 and now it is only $.99 but I can not buy it again :) lol.
Just wanted to share with all of you,

~ Sorilla

message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne | 8 comments Bargain eBook Hunter www.bargainebookhunter.com lists Kindle books that range from free to $2.99. They update on a daily basis.

message 32: by Eddie (last edited May 16, 2011 08:16PM) (new)

Eddie Stack | 9 comments The West
Seven short stories set in the West of Ireland. From the opening tale, "Time Passes," to the final story "Derramore," these pieces reveal the soul of a community-its hopes, dreams and schemes. In The West, fatalism and possibility run side by side, the Otherworld is as near as the Church. The double focus of the Irish.

With storyteller intimacy, Eddie Stack evokes life in a series of almost cinematic prose portraits of people, places and situations. The stories are smooth, each one remarkably different, but the click together to form a pattern. With its wit, originality and sensitivity, The West belongs in the best tradition of Irish writing.

REVIEWS:
"Variously fantastic, comic, elegiac and nostaligic, Mr. Stack's fiction is versatile and engaging...a vivid, compassionate, authentic voice...securing (him) a place in the celebrated tradition of his country's storytelling." New York Times Book Review

“There’s a genuinely wild and fugitive comic sence in these tales that puts one in mind of Myles na Gopaleen as much as the salt spume dam, George Makay Brown. Never sentimental, often funny, always accurate, this is pithy, finely tuned writing of a high order.” Robert Carver, Observer (UK)
The West$2.99 The West by Eddie Stack

Out of the Blue
These twelve stories by Irish writer Eddie Stack, recount the peculiar and amazing experiences that befall his native people, at home and abroad. In "Angels," Mr. Fine the eccentric chemist, reappears after a long hiatus and enchants the town with his violin. The dead arise to rewrite Irish history in "Ellie," when a recent immigrant to Ohio meets a widow long gone from Ireland. A donkey with an attitude hassles a small town in "Jack Ass Blues" and shakes the authority of Church and State. "Song for Angie" shuttles between Ireland and San Francisco, retracing through music, the lives of a church organist and her troubadour niece. In another tale, a foreign cabby ruffles local racists when he joins the town taxi rank. Love tests a champion Irish dancer in "Flying Visit," and the title story, "Out of the Blue," concerns of a mysterious funeral coming to Ireland from Chicago.

Surreal, naturalistic, cinematic, humorous and sometimes poignant: all styles intersect and play, often in a single tale. In this diverse and engaging collection, Eddie Stack takes us into worlds of magic and mystery, from which we emerge with a smile.

REVIEWS:
"Eddie Stack’s stories jet back and forth across the Atlantic, contrasting small town Ireland and big city US. Every time they land, the author seems to test the borderline of what might and might not be possible in downtown bars, crumbling dance halls and drizzly farms.
The result is a remarkably consistent collection of short stories.” Ian Wild, Southword

"This second collection of short stories by Eddie Stack has a wonderful sense of unreality, of weirdness among Irish characters and of downright fun." Irish Emigrant
Out of the Blue : Irish short stories$2.99 Out of the Blue   Irish short stories by Eddie Stack

Simple Twist of Fate
John and Mary Ross are titled Irish gentry with a large estate and a low profile. They have two daughters: Penny, a high-flying banker in Dublin, who has her eye on the family jewels; and the younger Maddy, an unmarried mother, gone eccentric since the birth of her child. Maddy and her son Sam live in the servants’ quarters beside Rossmount House and she caters to the needs of her parents as if atoning for her fall from grace. It is rumoured that the father of Maddy’s son is a monk.

Apart from Lady Rosse’s binges on vodka or gin, Rossmount House is a tranquil place with plenty relics of old decency. Nobody expected the tremors that began when Penny brought home her future husband, Basil Sutton. There was something about Basil that put everything out of kilter.

Simple Twist of Fate is a ‘flash-novel’ or a novelette. It has approx 13.3K words, and is set in 5 chapter.The story is narrated by Sam, grandson to Lord and Lady Ross.
Simple Twist of Fate$1.39 Simple Twist of Fate by Eddie Stack

message 33: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I really want to thank those of you that describle a bit about your books. This helps us decide it the book is worth further investigation, if it fits our own particular reading interests! Thank you.

Just a few ords help! Is it mystery, crime, science fiction , vampire, history, biography etc....

message 34: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Rogers (feliciarogers) | 45 comments I have two that fit this category.

One, my novella, The Holiday Truce. It won a spot in Solstice Celebrate the Season contest. On kindle for $1.99

And the other is my contemporary romance, The Perfect Rose by Felicia Rogers, priced at $2.99.

Both are considered 'sweet' romance. I hope you will give them a try.

message 35: by Mimi (last edited May 17, 2011 10:28PM) (new)

Mimi Phillips | 2 comments Here's my book: Nonfiction/inspirational/politics and positive thinking. The book is about Barack Obama's success story and reveals how Obama overcame self-doubt, limiting beliefs, and other barriers to manifest his desire.

Obama and the Secret Revealed Obama and the Secret Revealed by Mimi K. Phillips$2.99

message 36: by Michael (last edited May 18, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Michael Poeltl (mikepoeltl) Book two of The Judas Syndrome series entitled Rebirth has been specially priced at $2.99 for a limited time.

A year into a Post-Apocalyptic existence, where
friendships are tested and new enemies emerge; talk
of destiny fulfilled through a child offers salvation.

Could you believe?

message 37: by Tom (new)

Tom Pollack (TomPollack) | 2 comments Wayward Son

Buried near Mt. Vesuvius is a remarkable observatory containing artifacts dating to the earliest record of human events. Only one person—the Getty Museum’s Amanda James—can unlock the mysterious doors that guard the chamber.
Once inside, Amanda is shocked to discover physical evidence left behind by a notorious Biblical killer—who long ago wandered off the pages of history.
When a strange relic unveils the truth about this villain’s miraculous life, sinister forces gather intent on suppressing her stunning revelation—before it alters the destiny of millions.
The first novel in a series, Wayward Son takes the reader on a thrilling voyage where epic adventures in Egypt, Greece, China and Rome collide with modern-day intrigue and suspense. Journey with Amanda into this man’s tantalizing untold story, and witness a life that eclipses your imagination!

message 38: by Tom (new)

Tom Pollack (TomPollack) | 2 comments Wayward Son by Tom Pollack

Here's the book cover for Wayward Son

message 39: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 11, 2011 06:48AM) (new)

Elizabeth Hale (audreyroscoe) | 1 comments The Stakeout The Stakeout by Elizabeth A. Hale

Detective Audrey Roscoe's life in a small mid-western town appears uneventful until the wife of her homicide partner is found dead. Audrey sets out to clear her partner's name before it's too late, but someone wants her to pay the ultimate price. Plagued by one dead end after another, will Audrey discover the identity of the murderer before they kill again?

message 40: by Patty (new)

Patty Jansen (PattyJansen) | 2 comments $2.99

Watcher's Web by Patty Jansen

Watcher's Web

Patty Jansen

Read sample chapter here: http://pattyjansen.wordpress.com/2011...

She’s not your ordinary country girl, even though she might look like one. She casts webs of power, reading the feelings of living beings and telling them what to do. Nobody knows what causes it, least of all her. Her name is Jessica, but most people call her ‘freak’.
One fateful day, her ‘web’ connects with a stranger, and stray power causes the plane in which she’s travelling to crash in an alien world. An accident? The more she discovers about the world in which she has landed, the more she doubts it. She is a survivor from an ancient race that once travelled the stars. Her ancestors were powerful and dangerous, and it seems at least two people want her: the man who invades her mind, and the man who’s desperate to help her get back home. But Jessica grew up an Earth girl, and isn’t having any of this. She’ll pander to no one, thank you very much, even if her stubbornness enrages the tyrant race who hold the world in their grip.

message 41: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (Melcom) | 52 comments You can read the first chapter of all three of my thillers here. http://melcomley.blogspot.com/

Impeding Justice is on offer at the moment at 49p/99cents.
Final Justice is available at $2.99/£2.12.

But the third book in the series Cruel Justice has been put on hold for the time being as I've just signed a contract with a top NY agent and he's touting the three books around for me.

Hope you like them.

message 42: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Bullion (glennbullion) | 5 comments Both of my books, Dead Living and Demonspawn, are available for $2.99.

Dead Living = A zombie novel that takes place 23 years in the future.

Demonspawn = A paranormal romance about a young man who discovers he has demonic powers.

:)

message 43: by J.A. (last edited May 26, 2011 10:27AM) (new)

J.A. Clement (JAClement) | 8 comments Hey all:

My book should be down to $1.99 / £1.41 as soon as the price change goes through - it is first in a dark fantasy series (no vampires or werewolves though)and has had pretty decent reviews so far.

It is available from
Smashwords
as well as Amazon US & UK (but the links for those won't work)

Thanks all!
JAC

message 44: by Seb (last edited Aug 29, 2012 08:40AM) (new)

Seb (SebKirby) | 23 comments Take No More is fast-paced, 69,000 words, about 260 print pages.

Take No More by Seb Kirby

It's out now on Kindle at $2.99.

Here are some recent reviews:

'Wow! This is action-packed from page one, and the reader is instantly thrust into murder, suspense, and intrigue. James is just a normal guy who thinks he has a normal life. Until the murder of his wife. He's forced on a journey from the UK to Italy to find her killers, and finds himself in the midst of a powerful Italian family, the hunt for precious works of art, and danger at every turn. The writing gives you the feel of actually being in Italy - you can taste and smell it. The plot is action-packed and a real page-turner. I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a great crime thriller! And fans of Harlan Coben and Simon Kernick will love it!'

'This is an outstanding debut novel by Seb Kirby. He captivates the reader from the first page, and remains gripping and compelling throughout.I could not put this book down. Listed under Murder,Mystery and Thriller but so much more than that. The geography of London and Florence was handled very well to add richness to the novel, alongside the Authors' obvious love and knowledge of the art world .In addition to this,the reader is taken into the Italian underworld weaving a web of corruption,deceit,secrets and murder around the whole plot. If you enjoy a really good Thriller,in the style of Sidney Sheldon with extras, and are prepared to be kept on the edge of your seat throughout, this book is a definite must! I am eagerly awaiting the next novel.'

You can read the first 15 Chapters right here at Goodreads !

Best wishes

Seb

message 45: by Marcin (new)

Marcin Wrona | 2 comments Pale Queen's Courtyard

It's normally $2.99, but I've marked it down to $0.99 until the end of June.

Pitch:

Kamvar, a soldier, has lost his way. Leonine, a thief and sorcerer, has forgotten that he had one to lose.

When the daughter of a High Priest finds herself exiled and hunted across the entirety of conquered Ekka, both men will remember who they are, and the country's invaders will learn that memories, unlike temples, are not so easily torn down.

Pale Queen's Courtyard is the first novel by Canadian author Marcin Wrona, and a finalist in SciFiNow's 2009 War of the Words.

Review blurb:

“Wrona’s style and voice is where he shines. It is a bit different than a majority of the books out there, but once you’re in, you’re hooked. His narratives craft a vivid, honest world. Aspiring authors could take notes on how to work with fictional societies, religions and politics without stopping to explain anything. He effortlessly adds in a story of magic and sorcery that is such a part of a believable world, you just might forget that it never really happened.” - Rainyofthedark

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Murphy (AustralianBookshelf) Hey all, I have just published my first YA fantasy romance novel, A Season Of Transformation which is available on the Kindle for $2.99 @ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...
A Season Of Transformation by Jayne Fordham

message 47: by Shari (new)

Shari Richardson (shari_richardson) | 8 comments Feuding Hearts by Shari Richardson
Is available for Kindle Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005...

The reviews here on Goodreads have been great for this book. I hope you'll check it out :).

message 48: by Angel (new)

Angel | 1 comments I like tempus. It is for teens, but is good for people who like young adult stories. TEMPUS by Tyra Lynn

message 49: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Atha (dlatha) | 4 comments Hey! Thanks for this opportunity. I just wanted to mention Blood Reaction A Vampire Novel available on kindle for $2.99. I've had really good reviews so far(and not just from people who know me, LOL). If you get a chance, please check it out. It's a medical vampire thriller. I'm a physician and wrote the story from that slant, speculating the possibilities of vampire physiology. Thanks and have a great day. Blood Reaction A Vampire Novel by DL Atha

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole651) | 8 comments Mel wrote: "You can read the first chapter of all three of my thillers here. http://melcomley.blogspot.com/

Impeding Justice is on offer at the moment at 49p/99cents.
Final Justice is available at $2.99/£2.12..."

I just purchased both of these, and I will let you know what I think of them. Great price! Thank you for that!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13