readers advisory for all discussion

release valve > vampires witches etc.

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jen | 2 comments Okay I admit I do watch Trublood but... I'm trying with A Discovery of Witches but really I think you can't just populate the world with these creatures, not develop good characterizations or believable plots and call it a book. However I know I'm in the minority since the shelves of the bookstores are filled with variations on the theme. Maybe I just wish I'd cashed in on the trend, because it just can't be that hard to write this kind of book. There, that's off my chest. Jen

Jen (missonethousandspringblossoms) | 60 comments I read a Discovery of Witches for my local library bookclub, and it was...um, fluffy. And it seems definitely set up for a sequel, or even a trilogy. (and I will read the sequel, because right now I need fluff)

I read somewhere that in a more depressed economy, movies and entertainment take more of an escapist bent. Also that the sale of hard liquor goes up. And I guess I can see that; I have been drinking more martinis :)

~☆ Alice♥♥ Jen wrote: "I read a Discovery of Witches for my local library bookclub, and it was...um, fluffy. And it seems definitely set up for a sequel, or even a trilogy. (and I will read the sequel, because right no..."

I am drinking more wine as I read A Discovery of Witches since it is mentioned every 5 minutes or so in long descriptions. It is kinda fluffy but I usually like fluffy. Any form of escape, right?

I did have to take a break from all the horsey stuff.

~☆ Alice♥♥ Jen wrote: "Okay I admit I do watch Trublood but... I'm trying with A Discovery of Witches but really I think you can't just populate the world with these creatures, not develop good characterizations or belie..."

Well, I love Charlaine Harris books especially the ones with Sookie but I think Trublood barely relates to the books. The TV writers changed it so much that I can hardly stand it. That meniad or whatever she was is only mentioned in the book but seemed to take over the TV show.

unread topics | mark unread