Torment (Fallen, #2) Torment discussion


420 views
Hating Miles!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 487) (487 new)    post a comment »

Amber. Vampire Queen. I Hate Miles!! I hated him from the start!! He knew/knows that Luce and Daniel are made 4 each other he shouldn't have gotten in the way


Bookaholic I know right? You just wish like making him disappear or something!


Gerchia Bookaholic wrote: "I know right? You just wish like making him disappear or something!"

why? He's nice


Bookaholic I feel as if Miles should not be with Luce exactly. I can't see them together :( But like you said, Miles is pretty okay. I meant it in that way, not like he's not a nice guy or anything. Sorry for misunderstandings :P


Natali.D (BookCupid) Poor Miles. He is more of a victim.


Savannah Hmm, i don't hate him. Though i agree, like come on... Luce and Daniel are meant to be together and he just keeps trying to get in the way. Annoying... Haha.


Amber. Vampire Queen. I despise him HE NEEDS TO DIE!! So he's out of the way


Savannah Haha, come on, he can't be that bad??


Amber. Vampire Queen. he is. Truly he is


Savannah haha...alright:)


Amber. Vampire Queen. Believe me :) Miles lovers are crazy


Savannah haha...indeed. I'm not a miles lover, thank god.:P


Amber. Vampire Queen. I second that. Thank God!


Savannah lol, come on...miles is standing in the way of two people who are meant to be together. How could you be a Miles lover??


Amber. Vampire Queen. Ikr! Wat are they thinking!!??


Jazmine Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "I despise him HE NEEDS TO DIE!! So he's out of the way"

does he really need to die??
you know luce would never leave daniel for him


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

You are all so mean!! Miles is really sweet, and he really does LOVE her, and he can't help it... :'{


Savannah mmm, true. I don't think he should die. And, yeah i guess he can't help it. But he kind of needed to realise that there was not chance of him and Luce getting together...


Natali.D (BookCupid) Luce leads him on


Clementine I like Miles' personality though. I mean for me, I'll pick Miles for Luce, but still, we don't know the whole story yet, so let's make it real in our imagination for a while. (Did that even make sense...)

Of course, all the cliché stuff... Daniel will be with Luce in the end...but what if L.K. surprises us? What if she offers another present on the table that we need to open?

So yeah, I don't hate Miles, I don't hate Daniel -- I love them both, but for me, in my imagination, I'll go with Miles. Still, no one knows who'll end up with Luce --only L.K.


Nurlely Miles is a naive young Nephilim. He needs to grow up...:)


Savannah Anna wrote: "I like Miles' personality though. I mean for me, I'll pick Miles for Luce, but still, we don't know the whole story yet, so let's make it real in our imagination for a while. (Did that even make se..."

I agree...i don't hate either of them. Though i guess, i probaly don't love them. They are both pretty good characters. And Miles' personality is awesome. And, he didn't choose to love her, so you can't really blame him for that.

If cliche's are used well, they can become amazing story lines. But today, a lot of books are just really bad cliches. Like the authors can't come up with anything original. It would be cool if L.K didn't just go with the cliche route. But she probaly will. Luce will end up with Daniel, happy ending, etc etc. No suprises there. Though like you said maybe, just maybe we will get a little surprise. I guess, we will see soon enough.


Kayles What a great book. Just finished it and I'm obsessed. I think it's good for Luce to have Miles. Yes I find him annoying and want him to go away, but when I'm reading about all the tension between the characters because of all the relationship dynamic. It makes it so much more interesting to read. But I hope at the end, Luce ends up with Daniel. Because honestly, she doesn't belong with Miles


Nurlely There might be a new guy in Passion which will create more love problems. I hope not. Having Cam in Fallen is awesome. Miles in Torment is annoying. But since there will be Passion and Rapture, Daniel and Luce might still find lots of obstacles. I am preparing myself for this. As long as Daniel and Luce are together at the end of the story, I will not mind crying at all...:)


Amber. Vampire Queen. yeah its gonna b sad....


Stormy I like Miles for the same reasons Luce does. He's not complicated. He's easygoing and fun. But the complicated boy always wins the girls heart in the end so you Daniel fans don't fret. Its kinda like that Taylor Swift song, That's The Way I Loved You.

Lyrics:

He is sensible and so incredible
And all my single friends are jealous
He says everything I need to hear and it's like
I couldn't ask for anything better

He opens up my door and I get into his car
And he says, you look beautiful tonight
And I feel perfectly fine

But I've been screamin' and fightin'
And kissin' in the rain
And it's two a.m. and I'm cursin' your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you

Breakin' down and comin' undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

He respects my space and never makes me wait
And he calls exactly when he says he will
He's close to my mother
Talks business with my father
He's charming and endearing, and I'm comfortable

But I've been screamin' and fightin'
And kissin' in the rain
And it's two a.m. and I'm cursin' your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you

Breakin' down and comin' undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

He can't see the smile I'm fakin'
And my heart's not breakin'
'Cause I'm not feelin' anything at all

And you were wild and crazy
Just so frustrating, intoxicating, complicated
Got away by some mistake and now

I'll be screamin' and fightin'
And kissin' in the rain
It's two a.m. and I'm cursin' your name
I'm so in love that I acted insane
And that's the way I loved you

Breakin' down and comin' undone
It's a roller-coaster kinda rush
And I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you

And that's the way I loved you
I never knew I could feel that much
And that's the way I loved you


Amber. Vampire Queen. That reminds me of Daniel alright!


Monique Rose I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only person who didn't absolutely love Miles! Everyone I know does, but I just can't help it. It's like he came out of nowhere and BAM he and Luce were bonding and having fun and "falling in love" and I was like, "Don't forget about Daniel!".

I mean, sure, Miles has a nice personality, but I just couldn't get into his character as much =P


Amber. Vampire Queen. I hate him!! MILES NEEDS 2 P OFF!!


Jennifer Suzanne wrote: "I thought Miles was ok, but to me he was only ever a friend. My problem is with the author, who can't let Luce have males friends without her either crushing on them or kissing them. To me that's a..."

What about Roland? Him and Luce are kinda sorta friends... XD


Basma Kaid omg i was like in my Islamic studies class and i was reading this book & i was on the part where they were outside Luce dorm window (Luce & Miles)the part were the kissed i was like noooooooo (in my head) && it got worse! When Daniel seen them! I squealed lolol my friend game me this weird look she sits next to me (we weren't doing anything pretty much in class just reviewing for exams) but anyways i told her ''omg he seen them.!'' lets just say my friend was confused she turned around & continued on reading the hunger games ._.
Yea but i think Miles is okay though i want him outta the picture sometimes >_>

P.S. from the start of describing Daniel im imaging him as Zac Efron (yea i know but idk why)
P.S.S for Miles it got weirder i imagine him has CORBIN BLUE
lol like wth i am NOT a fan of Disney......at all so i dunno


Amber. Vampire Queen. Eww Zac efron!!!???


Basma Kaid Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "Eww Zac efron!!!???"

LMFAO ikr i dunno (dont ask) but hes cute though (a lil)


Malin Haha, oops. Miles in my favorite charachter in the series...


Amber. Vampire Queen. Malin wrote: "Haha, oops. Miles in my favorite charachter in the series..."

OMFG!!!!! HOW!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!


Malin Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "Malin wrote: "Haha, oops. Miles in my favorite charachter in the series..."

OMFG!!!!! HOW!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"


haha, he's so sweet! There's nothing wrong with him!
But don't get me wrong, I like Daniel too, but Miles is my favorite ;)


Amber. Vampire Queen. OMG How could you??!!!


Malin Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "OMG How could you??!!!"

Haha, what has he done that makes you hate him? :P


message 39: by Stormy (last edited Apr 25, 2011 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stormy I like Miles too better than Daniel just because there is nothing wrong with him and things with him are so easygoing. I'm tired of the drama with Daniel so I was happy when Miles stepped in. He is really sweet and I get the feeling that he will stick by Luce for a longtime no matter what. He is my favorite character also.


Nurlely I dislike the idea of adding the naive Miles into the story. Cam is more than enough. He is so gorgeous and bad. He is meant to be a tough competitor for Daniel. I am happy and will be to read more about Cam. I expected to read more about him when suddenly his role was'replaced' by Miles. Miles is just a young Nephilim. Young as in naive. Luce was so sad about her relationship she gave Miles a go but Miles should have known better. It is more like giving a poisonous candy to a kid and the kid accepts it right away without any consciousness. I don't hate Miles but he should not be there at the first place. Or maybe he is there to comfort Shelby in the end of the story. They are so perfect together...


Stormy Ugh, I don't like Shelby.


Basma Kaid Stormy wrote: "Ugh, I don't like Shelby."

yesSs !


message 43: by Samantha (last edited Apr 25, 2011 09:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha Jeeez will youz give it a rest. Yeah, I know Daniel and Luce are made to be together, but don't you think it's kind of fair. I mean Daniel dated Shelby when Luce wasn't around so why can't Luce have a life outside too, Yeah I know cheatings wrong and all that but can you at least see my point.



Too be honest this feels alot like what happend in the Twilight Saga with the team Jacob & team edward Hoo-Ha.
So lets have a vote Team Miles Or Team Daniel...


Nurlely Samantha wrote: "Jeeez will youz give it a rest. Yeah, I know Daniel and Luce are made to be together, but don't you think it's kind of fair. I mean Daniel dated Shelby when Luce wasn't around so why can't Luce h..."

Daniel outlived Luce for so many years. He should have known a lot of women, but Luce has ever been his sole love. Shelby loves Daniel, but Daniel did not promise her anything. She meant nothing to Daniel. Due to her jealousy, Shelby misled Luce by telling lies about her and Daniel. I got your point, but you need to know the story too...

That is why Shelby is a perfect mate for Miles. One is a liar with a broken heart and one is a naive and obsessive...:)


Samantha Jeez that last sentance is kinda harsh


Nurlely Samantha wrote: "Jeez that last sentance is kinda harsh"

Why? is that not a fact?


message 47: by Stormy (last edited Apr 25, 2011 11:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stormy I don't think Miles is obsessive. He likes Luce. Period. I didn't remember reading about Luce thinking he was obsessive. I remember Luce liking his attention because Daniel wasn't around and when Daniel was there was always a fight. And if he's naive because he isn't as educated in all that's Angel and Nephilim then so is Luce and even more so. I don't see any other way that he's naive. He's just really kind, sweet, and caring. If being nice is being naive then whatever, you know? I was always taught you can catch more flies (or was it bees?) with honey. Of which I'm pretty sure that's why Miles got his kiss. Luce never got the chance to be with anyone else (maybe Cam a little?) because she was killed off by Daniel himself(kissing/touching), right? How do we even know that he's the right one for her? Daniel is familiar to her because he's all she's ever known but is it love? (True love?)


message 48: by Nurlely (last edited Apr 26, 2011 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Hi Stormy.....

Obsessive is what I call when a person knows that the person they love is madly in love with someone else but still launch himself in the middle and hoping that when the other boy is gone, he could be the chosen one. Miles is aware that Luce is vulnerable when she let him a go, but he is going for that. He is aware of the whole situation between Luce and Daniel but still go for that. He is naive if he thinks that Luce will have him as Daniel's replacement. Yes he is nice and sweet too. Caring? I think that is more for Luce.

Btw, Luce got her chance with someone else, to love someone else. She could not kiss Trevor and have him alive for that, but she had feelings for him.

Nope, we do not know what will be the end for Luce and Daniel. The knowledge belongs to Lauren only, and her publisher...:) But Cam would be Daniel's perfect competitor, handsome and bad, but yet care about Luce so much.

Btw...Samantha said that because Daniel was with Shelby before, so Luce should get her chance. I asked her to get that Daniel-Shelby's fact straight.

Daniel is familiar to her not because he's all she's ever known. She could not remember anything yet she was drawn to Daniel. She yearned for Daniel before she knew everything. That's to Miles'...what will you call love?


message 49: by Stormy (last edited Apr 26, 2011 01:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stormy Oh, okay well, I still wouldn't call that obsessive maybe hopeful or determined but I don't see what's so wrong about going after what you want. He knows he could get his heartbroken but he can't help the way he feels. What's he suppose to do? Hold back his feelings and never have them be known? If anything its another option for Luce. Miles is just giving her the choice. He's not forcing anything on her.

Yes, he may be naive for thinking Luce will pick him over Daniel because in all YA books the complicated boy always ends up the winner of the girls heart from the very start...blah blah blah...but its not like he knows that.

Yes, there was Trevor but that was fleeting moment.

I admit that Cam would be a good rival for Daniel but that's when he ever gets to be romantically involved in the story again and we actually get his story...

And Luce felt like she knew Daniel on site, he was "familiar" to her, your right, before she knew anything about him or her past lives and she automatically was in love with him once he told her the truth. It seems like their love is more like obsession that they are suppose to be together. And yet still they don't know really anything about each other. They are just so strung up on each other and what suppose to be that they don't ever get to the bottom of their relationship. I was glad that Luce was starting to second guess it. Their relationship just doesn't feel real to me. Not that Miles and Luce's does either but I'm just waiting for there to be someone where it does feel real and I'm just hoping its not Daniel who was IT from the very beginning, you know?

I guess Miles will be another "Mason" from Vampire Academy and get shot down really fast and then Cam will be "Adrian" and get a chance but not a real one and get pushed to the side for the glorious perfect boy that is Daniel "Dimitri" who was IT from the beginning, also a total waste of story when you know who her one true love is from beginning to end. So hopefully there's a reason to Miles and Cam in these books because otherwise they are just a total waste of characters. See why what I'm saying? I don't want Daniel to be it because then this series is going to be like every other and therefore completely boring!


Teagan Cutajar I have hated Miles ever since he appeared. He is just a distraction to the beautiful, loyal and trustworthy relationship between Luce and Daniel.... he knows the history and yet....!?!?!?! seriously who would ever question Luce and Daniels relationship that way????


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

Torment (other topics)