Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Everything E-Reader > eBook Deals & Freebies **No Self Promotions Please**

Comments (showing 1-50 of 257) (257 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 07, 2011 12:17AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) This is the place to post if you come across a freebie or good deal, so we can share in the bounty. Please make sure that you are posting a full book/novella and not a sample or sample chapters.

Sites are not limited to B&N and Amazon. Any site that sells legitimate (non-pirated) books may be mentioned. I am just too lazy to look up books on every site, therefore my personal posts will most likely be from B&N and Amazon unless I'm passing along a deal someone else has clued me in on.

B&N also means available for Nook. Their list of free books is here. Some may be unedited indie or samples, but sometimes you can find a good book or two if you search. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-...

Amazon also means available for Kindle.

A book post/listing does not imply that the person posting has read or is recommending the book unless they take the time to note it as such. If I see a deal and post it and the book is bad, don't come looking to hurt me. I'm just passing the deals along when I see them, whether or not I know anything about the book.

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 07, 2011 12:46AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Short Novella for free on B&N and Amazon. I know some of you are fans of hers. I'm guessing that you need to have read some of the books to understand what's going on, since it's showing as 9.5. Maybe someone who reads the series can clear this up, but I'm assuming that this situation is similar to Bella and Zsadist's short Novella after book 6 of BDB and features a couple already featured earlier in the series.

Slow Ride (Rough Riders, #9.5) by Lorelei James - Free (adult)

I actually think book 1 of the series (as well as the series as a whole) is well priced.

Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James - $4.24 B&N & Amazon (adult erotic)

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr - $0.99 on B&N & Amazon (YA pnr)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I usually consider "deals" to be under 5 dollars (actually more like 3 and under if I haven't read the author), but this isn't terrible for a popular series.

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter - $5.40 B&N & Amazon (adult pnr)

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Great idea, Stacia!

This book was highly recommended by a friend and I found it free for Kindle yesterday:
Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1) by Linda Winfree

message 5: by Leea (new)

Leea I got The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons yesterday (the first eBook I bought ;) For $1.99 with bonus material. It was a pre order, not sure when it will be released now that I think of it lol! Now that I have an eReader I must now own that series in that form as well hehe! My husband just gave me *the look*

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 18 comments Leea {Coffee addict} wrote: "I got The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons yesterday (the first eBook I bought ;) For $1.99 with bonus material. It was a pre order, not sure when it will be released now that I think of it lol!..."

That's an awesome book to start you collection with Leea!

There are 2 versions available on Amazon, the one currently available is $9.99. The version with bonus material (excerpts from Tatiana and Alexander (available now) and The Summer Garden (on sale June 21) is the sale priced one.... the release date is April 12, 2011. Here's a link to pre-order for $1.99.... The Bronze Horseman with Bonus Material .

message 7: by Wendy F (last edited Apr 07, 2011 01:19PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Great thread idea!

This was posted in another group. The book is supposed to be popular and I thought it sounded really good. Plus... it's FREE!!!

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003... - Amazon

(sorry, it's not free for B&N)

message 8: by Leea (new)

Leea LOL thanks Christine. I'm still bummed that the women I lent by paper back BH never returned it or my calls... I need to buy it again to!

message 9: by willaful (new)

willaful | 103 comments Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel is available at Smashwords for $.99. (All formats.)

message 10: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (CJArcher) | 95 comments Some great sites to find bargain and free ebooks are:
The Frugal eReader
Ereader News Today
Bargain Ebooks

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Wendy F wrote: "Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning
(sorry, it's not free for B&N)."

Just checked and it's showing now as 0.00 for Nookbook. This may have just opened up for all I know.

message 12: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I have no idea where to look for Nookbooks... so maybe I was in the wrong place. I went to Barnes & Noble.com.

I can't wait to read that.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 18 comments Wendy F wrote: "I have no idea where to look for Nookbooks... so maybe I was in the wrong place. I went to Barnes & Noble.com.

I can't wait to read that."

Here's the link to get the nook version... Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) When I was downloading Backstage Pass on my Nook, I noticed that B&N's free Friday book is Wings.

Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike

I know this book is going to be made into a movie, but I probably won't see it because Miley Cyrus is going to be the star and she bothers me.

message 16: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Moments like this I wish I had a kindle or nook, omg why is miley in more movies?!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Because someone out there has a fetish for girls who sound like they speak with a retainer in their mouth?

message 18: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Yay Im not the only one who gets irritated by her voice!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I just did a quick check, and Cottage by the Sea, Edge of Light, Paper Roses, and 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover are also free for Nook right now.

message 20: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Stacia...dot, dot, dot wrote: "Because someone out there has a fetish for girls who sound like they speak with a retainer in their mouth?"

Hilarious! I thought she'd grow out of it eventually, but she does have that perpetual sloppy sounding speech.

I don't mind her though.

message 21: by D.G. (last edited Apr 08, 2011 01:56PM) (new)

D.G. Miley Cirus...blech! With so many talented people in this world that are never discovered, I don't know how somebody like her makes it.

message 22: by willaful (new)

willaful | 103 comments Ottilie wrote: "Moments like this I wish I had a kindle or nook, omg why is miley in more movies?!"

You can get free apps to read on your computer or phone/ipod if you have one. Not as pleasant, of course.

Overstock.com had refurbished Nooks for about $85 the other day. I got mine from them.

message 23: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Haha maybe eventually

message 24: by D.G. (new)

D.G. The other day Ebay had refurbished Nooks for $79. I was tempted!

message 25: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments oh wow

message 26: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 08, 2011 02:12PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Between the free books, the cheap books, the lendable books, the arc gallies, etc. I consider ereaders a great investment.

message 27: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Which do you feel is best?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I can't really say. I've heard the Sony's are great, but I've never tried one. It's kind of nice to have a device where you can do direct purchasing from the device itself, so I lean more toward Kindle and Nook.

Not that it really should matter to me, since the majority of my stuff is sideloaded in document form from my computer these days.

If your intent is to use the device strictly for reading books, I would go with one that does not have a backlit screen. If you only read on a reader for short periods of time you won't notice anything, but if you read a lot, you'll notice a difference between a reader that isn't backlit vs. one that is.

Both Kindle and Nook are great devices. Kindle is a little bit lighter and slimmer, and Amazon is probably a more sound company atm than B&N. My only complaint with Kindle is that it does not support epubs, and a lot of books come from lendable sources in that format. If someone happens to send you a book or you download one that is epub, you can use a free internet program to convert the books to Kindle format though.

If you live near a Best Buy, you can go down there and test out a range of devices.

I own both a Nook classic and Nook color. I use my Nook classic for most of my reading because I don't care to stare at yet another lit computer screen when I read. I will say that the Nook color's light can be turned down quite a bit though and it's a great reader for light reading.

If you want a device for reading magazines or doing a lot of bed reading (the classics can be used with a clip on light, but they're a bit of a pain) then I'd go with the Nook color. I use my color to surf the net from my couch sometimes, and downloadle tablet apps are supposed to be coming at some point.

message 29: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments It'll be awhile if I got one, but good to know

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) How is it I can't seem to answer a question without putting it in book form? If I had to be limited to the amount of words I could type at any one time, I'd really be in trouble.

message 31: by Leea (new)

Leea Stacia...dot, dot, dot wrote: "Because someone out there has a fetish for girls who sound like they speak with a retainer in their mouth?"

That's it!!! That's what wrong with that girl!! Thanks... My husband thinks she cute... WHY?? It scares me a little.

Stacia, I got a anti-glair screen protector ($15) have yet to put it on, lol! Don't tell my husband but I think I should have just got the Nook, Not the Color... For several reasons. 1. I have a killer laptop and I phone so I don't need another device to email, surf the wed or chat... 2. I can see now that the screen will bother me. thus the purchase of the 'anti-glair screen protector.' Oh, I'm not returning it - but I do have a great laugh as i'm carrying my laptop, iphone, book, ereader and water upstairs to 'Relax' LOL!!

message 32: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) Stacia...dot, dot, dot wrote: "I can't really say. I've heard the Sony's are great, but I've never tried one. It's kind of nice to have a device where you can do direct purchasing from the device itself, so I lean more toward K..."

thanks for all the info!! You don't happen to know what that free website is to convert to kindle format do you??

message 33: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 08, 2011 02:56PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) http://calibre-ebook.com/

This only works on non-drm protected books. It will not work for gallies, library/lended books, or books that come from B&N and Kindle without a stripped drm (I do not recommend stripping them for legal reasons and it is a pain to do anyway).

It will convert books purchased from other book selling sites, file shared books, and documents that do not have a drm on them. Basically anything that you own the book or document to can be converted. If you were able to download the book from a site that wasn't library or galley related, there's a good chance you can convert it.

message 34: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) Stacia...dot, dot, dot wrote: "http://calibre-ebook.com/

This only works on non-drm protected books. It will not work for gallies or books that come from B&N and Kindle without a stripped drm.

I probably shouldn't say this, bu..."

Thanks...I won't say anything! lol!!

message 35: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Haha I like reading people's thoughts, well via here that came out creepier then I meant it to sorry!! Dont' limit word count your thoughts are limitless might as well show it.

Miley is trashy and is an awful role model but thinks her audience changes just because she changes her wardrobe. Her parents didn't put good limites on her and she's out of control at times. Sorry if that offends anyone...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I love that every time I go to edit a post it gets quoted so my words are still up there. :)

Yes, I'm TRULY offended that you do not like Miley Cyrus. Please hold one moment while I go get my pitchfork and torch.

message 37: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 436 comments Hahaha I wasn't sure if the word trashy would send offence

message 38: by D.G. (new)

D.G. My husband found this site and thought we might find it useful. ;)

It's called eReaderIQand it provides Amazon Kindle price drop alerts, watches your favorite titles to let you know when they are available for Kindle, and gives you a regularly updated list of all non-public domain freebies on Amazon.com.

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 18 comments D.G. -Toil and Trouble- wrote: "My husband found this site and thought we might find it useful. ;)

It's called eReaderIQand it provides Amazon Kindle price drop alerts, watches your favorite titles to let you know when they are ..."

Thanks for that link, just book marked it! Books on the Knob is another good site for deals & freebies.

message 40: by Leea (new)

Leea Not sure if this is good but it's Free at Irresistible Forces (Kimani Romance) by Brenda Jackson Enjoy!!

message 41: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I LOVE ereaderiq.com to watch for free kindle books, price drops and books added to kindle. Also, inkmesh.com is a great website that shows all free books for Kobo, Sony, Nook, Kindle and at smashwords.com and baenbooks.

message 42: by Leea (new)

Leea Thanks Regina, I'll Check those sites out :)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 18 comments I love Marsha Canham, a few of her books are bargain priced....

China Rose by Marsha Canham China Rose $2.99

Bound by the Heart by Marsha Canham Bound by the Heart $2.99

The Wind and the Sea by Marsha CanhamThe Wind and the Sea $2.99

Swept Away by Marsha Canham Swept Away $2.99

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Those are good prices. Do I spy a pirate romance???

message 45: by ibNell (new)

ibNell | 1 comments I love my Sony. I can download any format, shop at any site. But the best thing is that I can borrow ebooks from my library. Also put audio on it if I want to.

message 46: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (CJArcher) | 95 comments I have a Sony too and love it. As far as I know my library doesn't lend ebooks though. The audio option is great.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) B&N and Amazon Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke - 2.99

message 48: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 14, 2011 10:01PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I just realized that I have only been posting U.S. deals. Are you able to purchase nook and kindle books outside of the U.S. for the same price? I really don't know if you can or not.

If anyone knows of any other sites featuring deals for countries outside of the U.S. and wants to post them here, please feel free.

On a side note : does anyone know if Amazon Canada regularly features the same freebies as Amazon U.S.?

message 49: by Laraine (new)

Laraine (Lala26) | 39 comments With kindle books outside the US, they're usually $2 more than the US price (which totally sucks) and the availability can sometimes be different too. Sometimes the ebook is available outside the US but not in the US, and sometimes its the other way around.

If the kindle book is free in the US, it's still marked as for $2 internationally. :p

message 50: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Apr 16, 2011 03:17PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Not sure whether to put this up because it's a pretty controversial book, but Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas is free for Nook right now.

It is not free for Kindle at this time.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Slow Ride (other topics)
Wicked Lovely (other topics)
Long Hard Ride (other topics)
The Darkest Night (other topics)
Truth and Consequences (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nathan Yocum (other topics)