The Aussie Swap discussion

Books To Swap > Braiden’s Swap List

Comments (showing 1-50 of 126) (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Here is my list of books to swap.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments Hi Braiden, your list isn't open to public meaning I can't view it :)

message 3: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments ^^ what Lisa said. :)
And we have a guy!?! YES! I don't know any male aussie bloggers. Win.

message 4: by Kylie (new)

Kylie (kylie1403) | 658 comments Mod
YAY! Token Boy :D hehehe

Your blog is awesome and your list *drools*

message 5: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments W00t! Finally Braiden you make an appearance.

And Sas, Braiden isn't a guy. Though yeah he's the same age as us. He turned 18 last month. ;)

Um...lots of paranormal. I'll let someone else swoop in haha.

message 6: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments Wha? I'm so confused!!

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments Braiden isn't a guy but you just called Braiden a "he"? I'm very confused, and I think it's safe to say that I'm the youngest blogger here :P

message 8: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments That's why I'm confused, haha.

message 9: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments Oh sorry. I didn't finish the thought.

Revised comment:
"And Sas, Braiden isn't a "guy". :P"

But yeah he is, kind of. Hahaha.

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments um....okay Cass, I know what you're talking. He's not a guy, he's a "guy" yup got it.

I lied I don't get it.

message 11: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments Um Braiden, if you're out there... Want to clarify? Haha :)

message 12: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments Hahaha. Sorry. He's kind of a guy?

I'm just kidding around. I see him as more of a man-boy, much in the same way that Briony sees Eldric in Chime .

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments I haven't read the book, so I still don't know what you mean :/

message 14: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments HAHAHAHA this is the most confusingly hilarious conversation ever.

message 15: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments Haha that's okay. I can't say what I mean without feeling like a jerk. And that's SO not my intention.

Anyway, anyone want Braiden's books? Haha.

message 16: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments I can't view them - they're on private. :P

message 17: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments OMG guys! I had work today (ushering for the matinee [hairspray] - double pay on sundays <3 $40/hr - love my life!).

Thanks for making my checkup on goodreads that enjoyable :)

How do I turn it on public? i’m such a newbie haha.

And Cass I turn 18 on Thursday :) And I am a guy, just look more boyish-guy-then-bigger-man-boy-whatever-that-freaking-means-male.

message 18: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments Haha, we'll I'm 18 and I look like I'm... well not. I work at a restaurant and people ask me all the time how old I am. It usually proceeds like this:

Randoms: How old are you?
Me: 18...
Randoms: O.O Really?
Me: Um... yeah... I'm going to go get your food now... :S

$40/hr!! I wish my pay was that nice. :(

Top right hand corner, next to your name and the little icon is an arrow. Press it and then click 'my account'. When that loads, scroll down and on the right hand side it should say 'who can view my profile' change it to 'goodreads members'. :)

message 19: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments And now that I can see your books - you interested in swapping for Intertwined? I don't know if you want anything from my shelf (it's totally fine if you don't!) but take a peek. :)

message 20: by Lisa (Badass Bookie) (last edited Apr 03, 2011 04:53AM) (new)

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments Well, newbie Braiden, first you go into your accounts and then somewhere you will see something about making Profile public, I don't think you can just make a shelf public ( dunno) so you'll have to make your profile public. OR just friend me =) ( I'm really not that weird, ask Sas or Cass *your names rhyme guys*)

BTW, I went and checked out your blog right and I made a comment on your IMM but it was the wrong one it's like #21 or something sorry:/

message 21: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Haha Lisa no problems, and thanks Sas I didn’t really pay attention to the right side of that page.

message 22: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Sas wrote: "And now that I can see your books - you interested in swapping for Intertwined? I don't know if you want anything from my shelf (it's totally fine if you don't!) but take a peek. :)

http://www.g..."

If you had January for Conspiracy 365 I would’ve swapped it :p heard great things about that series but haven’t read it. BUT if you want Intertwined I can send it to you. I had bought the HC of it a few weeks after I bought PB because I didn’t like the font in the PB. But yeah hit me up with your address and I’ll send it if you want and I’ll wait to see if anything pops up on your list.

message 23: by Kylie (new)

I just came home from a dinner withf riends, telling em all how the past few days its been so fun hanging out on GR.. hehe now they all plan to join lol

message 24: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments YES, more members! Win for us!!

Ah Braiden, you're lovely! Thank you! I'll PM you. :)

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments You should get into marketing Kylie...hardcore - totally off topic, going to see Red Riding Hood tomorrow!

message 26: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments Oh haha. I think it's too late to be thinking. I swear I thought I already wished you a happy birthday. Glad you understood what I was trying to say about that man-boy effect. LOL!

Lisa, who said you were weird? I'd say you have a more bubbly and young (a good thing i guess) online personality. :) Red Riding Hood was, eh, okay. You'll love whats-his-face, the guy in the dark clothes. I know you're a sucker for those bad boy types. ;)

Kylie! Yay for word of mouth! And Braiden, $40 an hour for Sunday? Sweetness. Hope uni's going well for you.

message 27: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments You're not a weirdo! Trust me, it takes one to know one and I am most definitely weird. :)

message 28: by Kylie (new)

hahaha! well I wanst trying to sell, we were talking about what we got up to on the weekend and I was like "Good Reads Addiction grew" and explained and yeah HAHAHA

I wanna see Red Riding Hood!!!

message 29: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Have all you guys check out http://www.insideadog.com.au ?

Aussie YA GR :p

message 30: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments The word “guys” returns!

message 31: by Kylie (new)

o0o0o0o! I never saw this site before! Sooo cool!

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments @ Cass - That's why i want to go see it!!! GOD he looks so HOT ;) I AM young =) Not that young but younger than you old ppl, don't start drink driving!

@ Braiden - I recieved a press release email about it!

@ Kylie - Yer, screw whatever you're doing and start marketing

@Sas - You're not weird :/ AT ALL ( nah kidding, you're not)

message 33: by Kylie (new)

haha! sounds more fun this my uni course this semester... I am sooo not into it AT ALL

message 34: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments I’m loving my uni course haha...I’m so going to do a PhD in Psychology and then a Major in Sociology. I can already see that happening only after 6 weeks of my first year.

Sociology is interesting because although we study the present and not the future I can see so many things and relate our society to those I read about in dystopian societies.

message 35: by Kylie (new)

This is my 5th year at uni... and my second degree.. I am in such a funk atm! I think I just need my Europe trip to come

message 36: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments I'm a first year doing a BA with a major in Writing. It's okay... But I don't actually do any writing subjects so... Philosophy is awesome though!

message 37: by Saskia (new)

Saskia Largent (saskialargent) | 310 comments Oh, and Inside a Dog is awesome! I need to post some reviews on there!

message 38: by Kylie (new)

I did a world politics and a european politics subject in my arts degree! they were surprisingly AWESOME

message 39: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 27 comments would you be interested in swapping Hunger by Jackie kessler with anything on my list

its cool if you dont...

xx

message 40: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments I've seen insideadog sooo many times, and I've never bothered to register. Someone convince me, please. :P

Well I've handed in my 2nd assignment for B. Nursing. I'm enjoying uni so far, though I've gotten a bit lazy as of late.

message 41: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Yeah I’ve gotten a bit lazy lately too. I feel like I don’t need to go to some of my Physiology lectures like 2 of the 3 i have in a week.

message 42: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments @Nikki Is that the Valiant cover you own?

message 43: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 27 comments Braiden wrote: "@Nikki Is that the Valiant cover you own?"

oh no i put the wrong cover i have the one with the sword. sorry

message 44: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Did you want to swap for that?

message 45: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments By the way I have some awesome books on my swap list because I have doubles as in, just say wicked lovely and ink exchange, I have the UK hardcovers which I love better so yeah. I guess I could add The Mortal Instruments and Clockwork Angel because I have both Paperbacks (which I’ve read from originally) and the hardcovers which I bought late last year for Cassie Clare signing next month. So I could put the paperbacks on.

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments Wahhhh Cassie Clare's coming to Australia, what other authors am I missing out on? I only know that Rachel Caine is coming to Aus O_O

message 47: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Well this month there’s a thing happening at State Library of Victoria which is $400 with Lucy Christopher, Melina Marchetta, Cassie Clare, Justine Larbalestier I believe.....but then Cassie Clare also has an event on May 25th in Northcote, Melbourne which I’ve booked in to attend (go to www.readings.com.au events page).

But I also know that Maria V. Snyder will be coming around August, Kristin Cashore I’ve just heard today is coming to Australia. And yeah...

Lisa (Badass Bookie) (Lisao_0) | 447 comments Wow really so many American authors! I gte to meet australian authors every year at the Celebration of Lit so that's no biggie but I really want to meet Cassie Clare, god, that lady can write! Too bad it's in melbourne, didn't they just host some zombie vs. unicorn thing with David LEvithan in Sydney? Queenslanders always miss out :/

I heard Richelle Mead is coming to Australia but it might just be a rumor ;/

message 49: by Braiden (new)

Braiden | 333 comments Oops that panel thing for $400 is in May too* woops. It’s on the State Library of Vic What’s On page on the website.

message 50: by Cass - (new)

Cass -  Words on Paper (casswordsonpaper) | 144 comments I want to go to the author signing for Kristin Cashore in (May) Sydney!! :D Maybe some fellow Sydneysiders can join me. Haha though I haven't read Graceling or Fire. But I've never met an author before. Also heard about Cassie Clare, whose books I also haven't read. I think it's awkward if I go to a book signing to sign a couple books that I still haven't read yet. :P

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chime (other topics)