Creative Reviews discussion

YA Fantasy/Paranormal Reviews > A Vampire Diaries The Return: Nightfall Review

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lura (The Life of Serendipity) (xTheLifeOfSerendipityx) | 112 comments Just don't done with Vampire Diaries The Return: Nightfall and thought I would write a review! I really liked this, I was greatly surprised at how much I liked this book...! Now it had it's pros and cons, what book doesn't? But I'll explain that all in my review, so that's begin!

Elena Gilbert has been through it all! She has fallen in love, fought a ghastly evil, become a vampire, died, returned from the dead. So you would think that she has earned a break- yeah well if she did then their would be no story to tell. And now, is torn between two vampire brothers, she must fight a new ominous danger. A new demon has descended on the quiet on the quiet town of Fell's Church seized the mind of several young girls. As his power grows it becomes frighteningly clear that this infernal force will ultimate threaten the whole world.

Plot - ☆ ☆ ☆ I really enjoyed the plot, really I did, but it was missing one thing. I can't put my finger on it, but it was missing something that would have made the plot great! I give the plot three stars!
Writing - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ I thought the writing was really good, it hasn't really changed much from the earlier books and I loved that. Now L.J. Smith has added some stuff for it to sound more from this generation and not in the 90s, when the book were originally written and published, but I would think that needed to be done. I give the writing four stars!
Characters - ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ The characters are pretty much the same in The Return: Nightfall as the earlier books. That's both good and bad in my book, but mostly good. I give the characters four stars!

Elena Gilbert - Elena is your average beautiful girl who a average teenage life, but she's in love with a vampire. She's been through the ringer having fought a ghastly evil, turned into a vampire, died, then was brought back to life. Now she and her friends must find another evil.

Stephan Salvatore - Stephan is a vampire from the Italian Renaissance. He has come to Fell's Church for one reason and one reason alone. He has come to this quiet little town for a new beginning and meets Elena, who reminds him so much of his lost love, Katherine, who was the reason he turned into what he is now.

Damon Salvatore - Damon is the older and much powerful of the Salvatore brothers. He wants Elena for himself, for her to become his princess of darkness and he will do anything, and I mean anything to make her his...

Bonnie McCullough - Bonnie is one of Elena's best friends is a descend of the druids. She is fiery and very shy and quiet.

Meredith Sulez - Meredith is one Elena's best friend, and engaged to a vampire hunter.

Matthew "Matt" Honeycutt - Matt is one of Elena best friends, as well as her ex-boyfriend. He loves Elena with all his heart and would hate to see something to Elena...again.

Caroline Forbes - Ex-friend of Elena, Bonnie, Meredith and Matt. She hates Elena for always getting the guy.

Mrs. Flowers - Is the landlord of her boardinghouse where Stephan has been living through out the whole Vampire Diaries series.

Shinichi - Is of Japanese decent and a Kitsune fox demon.

Miaso - Is of Japanese decent and is a Kitsune fox demon like her brother, Shinichi.

Overall I give this book ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - nothing more and nothing less!

unread topics | mark unread