J.D. Robb discussion

Character Discussions > Officer Troy Truehart

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (Vanessamc) | 646 comments Baxter's adorable aid, his shy and unassuming manner provides some sweet moments. As Baxter tries to corrupt him, Truehart stays true to his name.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 581 comments *SPOILLLEEERRR*

ahhh i love Truehart. what is that book where he is almost killed but his "copness" saved him?

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 7673 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "*SPOILLLEEERRR*

ahhh i love Truehart. what is that book where he is almost killed but his "copness" saved him?"

Witness in Death

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 581 comments oh yea thanks!! i can never remeber the name/events in the book after i read them, only that they happened in general. just like with chapters. my friends will tell me, "oh, didnt so and so happen in chapter three?" and im like..."uh, it happend"

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "oh yea thanks!! i can never remeber the name/events in the book after i read them, only that they happened in general. just like with chapters. my friends will tell me, "oh, didnt so and so happen ..."

Well, I have an advantage...I've read the series more than once.

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (Vanessamc) | 646 comments Don't feel bad Elizabeth. I've read all of them about three times and sometimes I still can't remember the book either. Jonetta, you must have a great memory, or may it's just my age, heaven forbid, LOL.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments I have read the series 3 times and listened to them again on audio 3 maybe 4 times now and I remember roughly when something happened in the timeline in terms of Eve and Roarke's relationship but don't always remember which book.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Stacey wrote: "I have read the series 3 times and listened to them again on audio 3 maybe 4 times now and I remember roughly when something happened in the timeline in terms of Eve and Roarke's relationship but d..."

I am an In Death savant:)

message 9: by Seresa (new)

Seresa (PardoTeach) | 21 comments I am right now reading the book where we meet Truehart. . and I'm reading it for the first time . . yes I just found the series after Christmas so I'm only on book #9 but I've also started listening to Naked . . I think I'm going to like Truehart

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments Seresa wrote: "I am right now reading the book where we meet Truehart. . and I'm reading it for the first time . . yes I just found the series after Christmas so I'm only on book #9 but I've also started listenin..."

I am also listening to Conspiracy in Death right now. I'd be shocked if you don't like Troy Truehart. He is a great guy.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 581 comments I dont think it's humanely possible for anyone not to like truhart!! Does ANYONE in this group actually read the books instead I'd listen? :/

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 45 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I dont think it's humanely possible for anyone not to like truhart!! Does ANYONE in this group actually read the books instead I'd listen? :/"

I do both! I ALWAYS read the books (usually on the day they are released!!) before I listen.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 581 comments oh okay phew that makes me feel better

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (Vanessamc) | 646 comments I think I've read some of the books 3 times, but my current reading is up to Innocent in Death. I finally decided to read them in order.

"Spoiler Alert!, for those of you that are familiar with Truhart" yet"

He is so sweet when he raises his hand at a meeting.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (InDeathAddict) | 1038 comments Has Trueheart passed his detective's test yet? I know there was talk about him taking the test, but don't know if anything happened yet?

message 16: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1031 comments I don't think so... I just listened to the whole series up until Treachery in Death, and he hasn't up to that point.

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (InDeathAddict) | 1038 comments Thanks

message 18: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 70 comments I will have to check that out. Adore Trueheart. But who doesn't.

message 19: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 70 comments Jonetta wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "*SPOILLLEEERRR*

ahhh i love Truehart. what is that book where he is almost killed but his "copness" saved him?"

Witness in Death"

That could also be Portrait. He is kidnapped and drugged but fights to maintain control and give information over his hidden radio.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Jeanie, you're absolutely right. In Portrait in Death, (view spoiler). Thanks for this reminder.

message 21: by Jeanie (last edited Jun 16, 2012 03:59AM) (new)

Jeanie Jackson | 70 comments ♨.Miz ♨ wrote: "If you had to describe Truheart in 5 words, what would they be?"

Sweet, gorgeous, intelligent, intense, COP.
I like that he reminds people of Dallas in his "cop-ness". I was going to skip gorgeous and add something that sounded more literate but that would be cheating since his appearance is one of the first things I think about. Blame JD Robb, since she almost always refers to his hunky-ness.

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (InDeathAddict) | 1038 comments ♨.Miz ♨ wrote: "If you had to describe Truheart in 5 words, what would they be?"

I would say Young, eager, dedicated, enthusiastic, and intelligent.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Treachery in Death (other topics)