The History Book Club discussion

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell, #1)
This topic is about Wolf Hall
BRITISH MONARCHY/ROYAL HOUSES > 6. AL - WOLF HALL - PART III - CHAPTER 3 - THE DEAD COMPLAIN OF THEIR BURIAL - CHRISTMASTIDE 1530 - PART IV - CHAPTER 1- ARRANGE YOUR FACE - 1531 (272 - 337 ) (03/28/11 - 04/03/11) ~ No spoilers, please

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bentley | 34035 comments Mod
Thanks to Garret:

Hello,

During the week of March 28 – April 3 we are reading Part III Chapter 3 The Dead Complain of their Burial. Christmastide 1530 and Part IV Chapter 1 Arrange Your Face. 1531 pp 272-337.

This thread will discuss the following:

Week 6 – March 28 – April 3 -> Part III Chpt 3 Part IV Chpt 1 pp 272-337

Remember, these weekly non spoiler threads are just that - non spoiler. There are many other threads where "spoiler information" can be placed including the glossary and any of the other supplemental threads.

We will open up a thread for each week's reading. Please make sure to post in the particular thread dedicated to those specific chapters and page numbers to avoid spoilers. We will also open up supplemental threads as we have done for other spotlighted reads.

We kicked off this book on February 21. We look forward to your participation. Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other noted on line booksellers do have copies of the book and shipment can be expedited. The book can also be obtained easily at your local library, on iTunes for the ipad, etc. However, be careful, some audible formats are abridged and not unabridged.

There is still time remaining to obtain the book and get started. There is no rush and we are thrilled to have you join us. It is never too late to get started and/or to post.

Welcome,

Garret

This is a link to the complete table of contents and syllabus thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

TO SEE ALL WEEK'S THREADS SELECT VIEW ALL

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel Hilary MantelHilary Mantel

Garret (ggannuch) Cromwell is now fully in the king's favor, as a councilor. He works diligently on the kings divorce both in the courts and politically behind the scenes.

What do you think motivates him?

message 3: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am beginning to think power and control. He likes to believe that he has that special touch.

message 4: by Garret (last edited Mar 28, 2011 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Garret (ggannuch) There is certainly that, isn't there. Do you think he also sees a chance to change things?

message 5: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Well people who like power always like to feel that they can create situations and maneuver people, places, events around at their whim. I believe that he has a no nonsense and take charge attitude which invites change.

message 6: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am a little confused at the divisions for the audio here and on audible.com. So I hope that this comment is OK here.

But what I truly wonder if how Cromwell if so personally loyal and religious...could drop Woolsey like a hot potato which really is implied here (he is figuratively shown to be the dark shadow, etc.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wolf Hall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Hilary Mantel (other topics)