UK Swap Shop discussion

Book Topics > What books have you finished?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,168) (1168 new)    post a comment »

Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf} (lindseysbookshelf) | 3069 comments Mod
Here you can post books that you have finished and tell us alittle about what you though of them.

chucklesthescot I just finished The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks which I was surprised to like. This is a group of sick, pathetic vampires who are in a self support group with a very boring life until one of them is killed by a slayer. They decide that to save themselves they must hunt down the slayer themselves, getting into all kinds of messes involving guys with guns and werewolves. It was a fun read with bits of humour and interesting characters and I gave it 3 stars. It is available for trade now.

i have just finished Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel #2) by Felicity E. Heaton a sweet tale of romance. This story was about a poor angel who was set up and lost his angel status. A very short story.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} | 2411 comments Mod
Finished The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting - good read. 3.5 Stars. Review to come a little later in the week :)

finished Rosebush by Michele Jaffe gave it a 5 because it was a brilliant book- it had everything in it from suspence to a little romance. i reacommend this book.
Hope you enjoy it too Donna

chucklesthescot I just finished a good night of reading! I completed:

Mercy Thompson   Homecoming (Mercedes Thompson, Prequel) by Patricia Briggs-I liked the story and the graphics of the wolves and coyote were beautiful. (5 star)

Better Late Than Never (Gifted, #2) by Marilyn Kaye-a good follow up and the characters are developing nicely (3 star)

Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike-it was the cover that caught my eye and I'm not really a big fan of faerie stories but this was worth a read. (3 star)

I'm the same Lynn with faerie stories, there not my favourite creature. Lol

I just finished The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney (3 stars) I liked the story, just felt like there was something missing. Will read the rest of the books though :)

chucklesthescot The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney is on my tbr. I'm going to look at that and The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa next month. Must get moving through these tbrs!

We're reading The Iron King for our group read for April hun, why don't you join in?

chucklesthescot Yeah why not! I'll probably get started on that at the weekend. Thanks!

Emma (BelleBooks) | 1038 comments finished Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin this morning.

Just finished Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini - AMAZING! Greek mythology is fast becoming my new favourite to read about. This though, I was brilliant. I loved it. Highly recommend to PNR fans.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments donna, i love greek mythology and i have just requested it for a third time and still haven't got it :(

Oh hun, that's not good. Saying that though, it took me 3 times to get The Goddess Test. My fingers are crossed for you hun. This was better than The Goddess Test for me, although I know a few people thought TGT was. I loved it, and really want the next one! Lol

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments if not, i'll wait and get it when it comes out. :)

just finished Nebula's Music by Aubrie Dionne i loved it but i don't know if it will be for everyone as its kinda like a science fiction love story

I remember studiing greek mythology at secendry school (a few years ago now) I loved it. Latin was tough though.

Donna did you read that on arc?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments i love greek mythology :)

I do not EVER remember reading about greek mythology when I was in school. It was always WW1 or WW2, something crap! :(

Yeah Linz it was an ARC! I need people to talk about it with! lol

Not sure what to read next though, maybe one of my swaps or another ARC!

Looking forward to reading your review on your blog :) it only comes out next month :(

Emma (BelleBooks) | 1038 comments finished Lies (Gone, #3) by Michael  Grant

Off to work now, but tonight i'll be going back to Numbers (Numbers, #1) by Rachel Ward

I will probably start the review tomorrow. Just posted The Iron Witch so don't want to post another one today. Its take me FAR to long to write now.

I really want to buy that and The goddess test but I think I'm going to wait until the release of the nexts ones. If the series continue to be so good, then they are keepers so I will buy them.

I was thinking of buy The Mortal Instruments books too in paperback. Not to sure yet.

I love thje look of the mortal instruments books. Don't feel obliged to sent me fallen angels i'll buy it when I have the last one.

I'm to sure if I'm going to buy them yet. I would prefer them in hardback rather than paperback but I will of course let you know hun

Ok have a look on TBD they do all the hardback versions on there. They'll look really nice on a bookshelf :)

How much are they? Lol

Depends on the cover you want.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments i think i'm gonna buy starcrossed on TBD coz i reli dnt like the UK cover, which is really unusual for me.

US - Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini
UK - Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

I think I like the US one. The character on the cover of the UK are not how I pictured the characters. I really want the second book NOW! lol, thats the thing with ARC's you have to wait that much longer.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments i reli like the US one better its prettier lol

Lesley | 1262 comments I finished Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward. It took a while to get into but in the end I enjoyed it.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments just finished Cinderella  Ninja Warrior (Twisted Tales, #1) by Maureen McGowan

Emma (BelleBooks) | 1038 comments Finished Numbers (Numbers, #1) by Rachel Ward last night

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments finished The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong last night :)

Just finished Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2) by Stacey Kade - enjoyed it more than the second one. My god, what a cliffhanger though :(

Lesley | 1262 comments Finished How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harperit was really funny.

Just finished City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare - OMG! I need the next book! I don't want to wait a whole year :(

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments lol donna, i still haven't got it :'(

just finished The Outsider (Roswell High Series #1) by Melinda Metz loved i will be reading the rest of the series

Just finished Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles - Loved it. 5 Stars :)

Just finished Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) by Alyson Noel it did get better but still an annoying ending.

Emma (BelleBooks) | 1038 comments I finished City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare last night

Lesley | 1262 comments I just finished Steel by Carrie Vaughn

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2595 comments i finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare(again)

@Lesley, Was Steel any good? I've got it too! :)

Emma (BelleBooks) | 1038 comments I just finished Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore

chucklesthescot Finished The Saga of Darren Shan. I liked the first 6 books but was kinda disappointed by the second half of the series. Every big 'shock' was so predictable. This series had such potential but after the vampire war started, it all fell a bit flat for me.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Reformed Vampire Support Group (other topics)
Her Fallen Angel (other topics)
The Body Finder (other topics)
Rosebush (other topics)
Mercy Thompson: Homecoming (other topics)
More...