Pixel of Ink Readers discussion

Kindle Tips, Tricks, and FAQ > How to: Turn off Kindle Highlights

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sentryrose) | 16 comments Mod
Q: How do I turn off the Popular Highlights by other people?

A: Click Menu > Settings > Go to Page 2 > Popular Highlights (Turn off)

Not sure how to get to Page 2? It's the same as if you are reading a book. Just click the button on your Kindle to get to the next page of settings.

Voilà! No more Popular Highlights!

message 2: by Colette (new)

Colette Guerin (ColetteGuerin) | 1 comments Does that mean the popular highlights are turned off for all books or do you have to do this for each individual book?

Thanks for the info, I hate looking at other people's highlights.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sentryrose) | 16 comments Mod
Colette wrote: "Does that mean the popular highlights are turned off for all books or do you have to do this for each individual book?

Thanks for the info, I hate looking at other people's highlights."

It turns them off for all books. Then if you want them back you can turn them back on at any time. ;-)

message 4: by Arni Vidar (new)

Arni Vidar Bjorgvinsson (ArniVidar) | 6 comments I don't understand the point of that feature. Who on earth cares what other people found interesting or strange in that book?

message 5: by Angelina (new)

Angelina (Ariellabe) | 2 comments I like that feature... it doesn't detract from the book for me.

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (mommy0306) | 4 comments Thanks!!! i hate looking at those highlights. :-/

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalmpope) | 8 comments Thank you so much.. I don't like highlights.

message 8: by ♥Meagan♥ (new)

♥Meagan♥ (fadedrainbows) | 2 comments I find it useful for when I use it for class, or a paper, stuff like that.

message 9: by Christa (new)

Christa Thanks, Sharon, they were driving me nuts!
Christa

Sharon wrote: "Q: How do I turn off the Popular Highlights by other people?

A: Click Menu > Settings > Go to Page 2 > Popular Highlights (Turn off)

Not sure how to get to Page 2? It's the same as if you are..."

message 10: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (KristyPetree) I don't like the highlights either...makes me feel like I bought a brand new book and found dog-eared pages in it!

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Head | 1 comments I agree the highlights are very annoying. Some may like them, but they aren't for me.

unread topics | mark unread