Book Haven discussion

Welcome! > Thank you group members

Comments (showing 1-18)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 18: by Evelyne (new)

Evelyne | 33 comments I am new here. Always looking for books have been on GR for a while. It just checking out reviews. This is great. Have already gotten new book suggestions have to learn how to navigate around

message 17: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (Jonathan1) Happy Bonfire Night everyone!

message 16: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie Friday Baldwin (marjoriefbaldwin) | 26 comments I'm still feeling my way around (hence why I'm lurking more than posting) but from what I've seen so far, Joy, it's a great group. Thanks for setting it up and making it public :)

As an Indie Author it's always a tightrope walk to participate and yet not promote while also guarding my precious 3.5 minutes a week to do non-promotion (LOL) Yeah, being self-employed has its perks - you get to work 16 hrs a day 7 days a week without a break for no guaranteed "pay" but I do love to write (as if my rare but always prolific posts hadn't clued you in already?!) so I don't mind the long, hard hours.

I just don't want to over-do the pitchiness in my chatiness. It's hard (even if I were being published by someone else) for any writer not to want to gush about our books. Writing is a solitary activity and when we get on a roll, the characters and world and story are soooooo alive, it's almost unhealthy for us to try to keep them all contained inside our heads. Imagine how exciting it is for you (assuming you're a reader) to get totally sucked into a book's world while you're reading it - you don't even notice the hours flying by as you find yourself unable to put it down. Now imagine LIVING like that all the time :-) Yep, that's a writer's mind when not writing so it's hard not to talk about it and just "participate in the discussion" already ongoing.

I'll try, am trying but I figured this was a good place to blurt out the excuses (ROFL)

-Friday
@phoenicianbooks

message 15: by M.G. (new)

M.G. Wells (goodreadscomMGWells) | 40 comments Thank you! This is a great group. Enjoy the Journey!

M.G. Wells

LightMasters: Number 13

message 14: by Karen K. (new)

Karen K. Miller (KarenKM) | 16 comments I'm new to the group. What I have seen so far for postings, I have liked. I will enjoy conversing with you.

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane (Dyniy) | 83 comments I just wanted to say hi to everyone in the group & thanks for the chance to meet all of you. I can't wait to become a real part of the group. Ya'll have a great week........
Dynie.

message 12: by Karen M (new)

Karen M Good Job!

message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments It's a fun and comfortable book club with really nice people. Thanx, Cary

message 10: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Cheryl wrote: "Thanks for your wonderful group, Joy! And, I agree. It's a shame when some members spoil it for others. I can't understand why someone would deliberately try to create friction and tension in a ..."

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 375 comments Thanks for your wonderful group, Joy! And, I agree. It's a shame when some members spoil it for others. I can't understand why someone would deliberately try to create friction and tension in a group designed to have fun and discuss books.

message 8: by J.D. (new)

Johnny wrote: "I've observed some nasty people in other groups deliberately trying to insult other members and thats why I've abandoned them for Book Haven. I've been trying to bring some new members on board an..."

That's the only way I ever remove members. If I notice members like that, and they can't resolve the issues... and they are making a caustic environment for the other members... I think that they didn't want to be involved in the group anyway.
I think that it is horrible to have that environment in a group. I mean, seriously... if you are joining a group it means you want to connect with others, not be insulted.

I am glad you like my group! :)

message 7: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Flora (JohnnyFlora) I've observed some nasty people in other groups deliberately trying to insult other members and thats why I've abandoned them for Book Haven. I've been trying to bring some new members on board and they also like the positive atmosphere that Joy has created...Thanks , Johnny Flora

message 6: by J.D. (new)

stormhawk wrote: "Joy, thanks back for the attention that you take with the group!"

:) Your Welcome!

message 5: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Joy, thanks back for the attention that you take with the group!

message 4: by J.D. (new)

Patricia wrote: "I agree, Joy, the more members the more spirited the conversations. This is one of my favorite groups here."

I'm so glad to hear that! :)

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (PG4003) | 148 comments I agree, Joy, the more members the more spirited the conversations. This is one of my favorite groups here.

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen Thanks Joy, that's lovely. I've really enjoyed being in the group and everyone is friendly.

message 1: by J.D. (last edited Mar 22, 2011 03:18PM) (new)

I just wanted to say thank you to all the newbies for joining and to everyone who has been sending invites to the group. Also, thank you to everyone who has been joining in the conversations and polls! This group is getting bigger by the day, and I LOVE IT! The more members in the group, the more interesting the threads. I feel like I know all the members in the group, because as the moderator... I try to follow all of the threads (making sure everyone is "behaving" lol), and I've found you are all amazing people. I hope everyone keeps enjoying the group, and as always I'm here if you need anything. Just message me, or comment in the "improvements on group" thread.
Thanks again!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Number 13 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.G. Wells (other topics)